From lowly prisoner to king

>from lowly prisoner to king
Conan

>mary sue hunter with special vision
Predator

>survivalist drifter in a desolate landscape, with a dog
Mad Max

>badass prisoner with a code of honor, fights alongside good guys
John Carpenter's archetype: Napoleon Wilson, Snake Plissken, Desolation Williams

fuck I want more Riddick movies

Goddammit Vin stop shitposting and make a new Riddick

Escape From Butcher's Bay was neat.
The movies sucked shit though

Riddick was lackluster.

still want more, also caras itty bitty tittys were nice

Pitch Black was kino 2bh senpai

it was pretty solid, but they way they handwaved the ending of Chronicles was disappointing, it deserved a real sequel not a cornier Pitch Black

Pitch Black is a great thriller and Chronicles of Riddick is a well-made big dumb action/adventure movie with oodles of entertainment value

The third one kinda sucked though, yes

I want more if they're like Pitch Black and Riddick but Twohy keeps talking up a sequel set in the underverse or Furya. When is he going to realize no one gives a fuck about the autistic Riddick mythology?

he's an angel btw, or something like that.

he's going full d&d with this shit, I don't see how that's a bad thing, either I'm good with. Full blown space opera crap, or gritty mercenary monster flick, all good, just want more

I don't give a shit about another Alien/Them/Planet of the Vampires knockoff but I loved Chronicles and want more Conan the Barbarian in Space

So you're wrong, at least one person gives a fuck, me

>no one

Are you retarded? Do you think your likes represent everyone? Have you seen posts spread across the web that deal with riddick? cuz there a plenty who care about the mythology. And when i say plenty, i mean within the fans of the franchise. Now pipe down and take this furya/underverse dick down your throat in the next film or fuck off all together. We'll see this shit either way

Twohy has always been weirdly delusional about this series. There's a story about him pitching COR by having a few huge leather bound books made with a lock and key for each. He told the producers if they wanted to open the next two books, they'd have to wait until Chronicles was done.

i think one reason the riddick series has such a loyal following is because it changes things up so much between each film while still being consistent with the character. it's interesting to see the contrast between the different episodes of this guy's life. in one story he's in the middle of this ridiculously over the top science-fantasy adventure, and then in the next story we see the same guy trapped on a barren world for an extended length of time, just trying to survive.

answer me these questions three

The third one was basically the same as the first one though

Not until the third act. It does have way too similar of a look though.

>it changes things up so much between each film
Oh please. It doesn't and I'm fine with that, personally. All a good Riddick movie needs is:

>deserted planet
>abandoned/unused building
>random mishmash of offworlders, especially some mercs
>monsters
>Richard B. Riddick himself

It's formulaic and it fucking does it for me, somehow.

>There's a story about him pitching COR by having a few huge leather bound books made with a lock and key for each. He told the producers if they wanted to open the next two books, they'd have to wait until Chronicles was done.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I love Pitch Black and Chronicles, but Riddick was a little lacklustre. I wish the whole film was JUST Riddick alone, surviving on a hostile alien world, no mercs or anything else, the whole drama of it trying to get the lost communications array up and running, or trying to fix a ship at the comm station. That's all. Has to say goodbye to his alien pupper at the end, and it's sad, but it's now a sick alpha pupper ruling a pack.

That's all it needed, pure survival. Minimal dialogue, could have been interesting and different. But it was Pitch Black-lite, not bad, but it could have been more.

I actually liked all the Merc characters. That whole section of the movie felt very John Carpenter. The movie would have been perfect if it was half survival stuff and then half slasher movie shit with Riddick picking off the Mercs.

Oh and lose the god-awful voice over.

same, Riddick is pure kino in every incarnation

Is there any indication at all of what the next movie would be about?

It's subtitled Furia so probably that and backstory.

Noice, where'd you find that?

There was a recent confirmation about the movie being worked on.