What the fuck are they even able to do with the plot?

What the fuck are they even able to do with the plot?
They couldn't just continue the Bob story, right?
25 years of Bob, I imagine the whole town would be dead, especially with him controlling someone so trustworthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ
m.imgur.com/a/a4V4b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe Cooper is strong enough to hold back Bob somewhat

I feel like they wouldn't be bringing back Gordon Cole or the other rude cop if Coop was handling everything just fine for 25 straight years.

Maybe they now killed Laura Palmer identical lost non-biological half-niece

Her actress is back somehow, so you might be on to something.

He was just chilling in the room above the convenience store.

>not trusting lynch

I feel like real life Cooper would be in some type of suspended animation for 25 years. I think truman and Twin peaks PD would have found out quickly what happened to Coop and probably locked him up in an insane asylum.

>Sheriff Truman won't be returning because Michael Ontkean wasn't comfortable with reprising Truman
Why?

Read the fucking book that connects season 2 to season 3.
Im not spoiling shit, fuck off.

>red room dwarf isn't returning because he said on his facebook account that lynch raped his daughter and told him to kill himself

plot twist, bob (actually coop) is probably the killer he's running after for so many years

lynch has confirmed the book isnt canon and he hasnt read it.

/lit/ btfo

The book doesn't really link s2 and 3. Mark Frost said he might do a book about what happened in between after s3 airs.

>Citation needed

Is this for real?

I have the audiobook, haven't listened yet

not the user who made the point but lynch said it last night at the showtime press conference.

interesting, i didnt love the idea of a Frost book being used to bridge the 25 years, id rather see it from Lynch, but i'll see check it out at some point

Michael ontkean is retired and spends all his time with his wife and kids now. Gave his blessing to the show and the replacement of Truman with a new sheriff.

At least once character might get a happy ending.

DAILY REMINDER AUDREY HAD HER CHERRY BUSTED BY BILLY FUCKIN' ZANE

I don't blame him, if I were in some position like his I wouldn't return again to some Lynch's weird show either.

it's almost as if... you're just going to have to wait and see....

The rumor is is that possessed Cooper went on a murderous rampage and has been locked in an insane asylum ever since, or something along those lines.

She's still in the Lodge with Cooper. They get out at some point, there's set pics of them both outside of Larua's house.

>A 2 hour episode 1 of Season 3
It's going to just be filer ain't it?

And then all you guys are gonna come on here and shitpost about how boring it was

>Fire Walk With Me all over again

i am so excited! jeez. i didn't think they would announce the premiere date so soon. we don't have to wait much longer.

lol fwwm is amazing you probably just don't like twin peaks enough to get into it

>just don't like twin peaks enough to get into it
I loved the first season and second half of season 2.

I actually did like FWWM but hate the first act

fair enough senpai

i bet big plot info will get leaked before it airs

Bob's actor is dead right? Are they gonna CGI him or get a body double?

The first episode of Season 1 was 2 hours. It's probably going to be mostly catching up with some new person looking into what happened to Cooper.

All women are whores, Lynch had to drop the truth bomb eventually

Based Bill Zane

>25 years of Bob, I imagine the whole town would be dead, especially with him controlling someone so trustworthy.- 33 posts shown.

Oh hell no, BOB has existed in other forms for at least 150 years. He was "dormant" for years before the events of the series... plus when he was active people just said "stange shit is happening in the woods" and the evil shit he was doing through his vessels was not stuff that attracted high-profile attention (like L Palms' murder)

I'm excited to see what fucked up shit has been going on for 25 years under the radar or if the "See you in 25 years" message meant BOB would go into stealth mods

>red room dwarf isn't returning because he said on his facebook account that lynch raped his daughter and told him to kill himself

no clue where you got that. just b8

Michael J. Anderson has repeatedly done interviews as recent as 2015 where he talks about what a great experience it was and how he's excited for new season. You think he'd take the time to mention that he's pissed at DL, but nah

And it's not too bad of a recast too since Ontkean was the 2nd choice to Robert Forster (David Lynch's first choice without any auditions. The role was literally written for Forester). Forester passed because of other projects he was working on, but is picking up Truman for this new series.

Good replacement, I ain't mad. Besides Ontkean acting drunk was super cringey. I wasn't sure if he'd ever been drunk before.

The book does little to continue the plot, it's 99% irrelevant history of the town and characters, some of which (possibly intentionally) contradicts the show

The first act is the best part. The scene in the trailer with Harry Dean Stanton is second only to the diner dream scene from Mulholland Drive in terms of Lynchian spookiness. I was creeped right the fuck out.

>I don't wanna go no place.

>that scene in S2E1 where Lieutenant Briggs tells Bobby about his dream/vision of his future
KINO!

Coop goes rogue and probably leaves Twin Peaks for 25 years while possessed by Bob. Laura Dern or maybe Naomi Watts is an officer tasked with the objective of finding out what the hell happened with Coop and locating him. Which will bring said officer to Twin Peaks to get info on what the fuck went down, new mysteries and subplots will emerge.

Every episode is being directed by Lynch it's going to be amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8

>Which will bring said officer to Twin Peaks to get info on what the fuck went down, new mysteries and subplots will emerge.
25 years later? What the fuck

Any word on if the opening credits, and music throughout the series will be the same?

Fire Walk With Me is fantastic.

I am just spitballing here but it's possible the FBI links a bunch of murders to Coop after 25 years or something along those lines, or maybe there is another murder that occurs in Twin Peaks in similar fashion to the Laura / Maddie murders the officer is sent to investigate finds out Coop was the one that cracked that case and tries to figure out what the fuck happened to him to help with her case.

youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ

Skrillex has been hired to compose the music for the opening credits with Spike Jonze creating the visuals. Neither will do work for the episodes themselves.

>Laura's theme dubstep remix.
Cant wait.

god that second half of season 2 is fucking awful

why couldn't they had BOB gets new body starts killing people and the cops have no idea whats going on instead of
>muh supersmart-supervillain fba

the blu ray of fwwm is fucking beautiful

everyone's dead, the ridiculously long cast was just to throw people off, and all 18 hours will focus on agent cooper in the black lodge

or, "pure heroin lynch"

Maybe Spike could help a little but wtf Skrillex?

>6 hours of old coop trying to walk to his chair while every now and again a small child with green hair runs up to the camera and laughs

would watch desu

This guy knows what's up.

Will Winsome Earl return?

If laura is coming back then why not

>no clue where you got that
Didn't he post a bunch of shit on facebook that Lynch is a child rapist and shit?
I'm sure they were posted on Sup Forums a bunch.
Not sure if they were fake or not.

He's referring to this rant. Not sure if it was fake but I remember it being reported on.
m.imgur.com/a/a4V4b

Oh, he said he DIDN'T do those things. What a relief.

The lodge of JUST

Skrillex mastered two very different musical genres even if they're both abrasive to us. He understands music well beyond what he releases for popular consumption.

Windom Earle was killed in the last episode. He's not trapped in the Lodge, he's just dead.

CGI for actor is confirmed. It being Bob is not yet, but he's a strong contender. David Bowie is another one I guess. Of course, it could be both.

normally hate cgi actors but for BOB purposely making it somewhat off from human could be great

jeez dude. Time travel elements, also coop is in prison. have fun.

>this

Has anybody read the book by Mark Frost? Does it elaborate at all on Cooper?

It was a happy accident. Truman was great and there was good chemistry with him and Co-op

>CGI for actor is confirmed.

where? source?

One of many mega fans on a forum who lurked the set or has talked to the production team.

earlier in this thread someone mentioned the book is mostly irrelevant and in some parts goes against continuity so that's probably why lynch is discounting it now

He's not discounting it, he simply hasn't read it.

It's a fun book if you want more lore. You can skip it otherwise.

Nice source
I'm sold

Your question was answered. Nobody owes you a source for anything, and you're not getting one. You'll find out anyway when the show airs.
That being said, user is right, although it's hardly confirmed until we see it. And I couldn't care less whether you believe it or not.

Such a great scene goddamn. I feel for Bobby so much

Nigga got his soul roasted, son