Why is eastern and southern Europe full of NEETs?

Why is eastern and southern Europe full of NEETs?

The EEC/EU was a bad deal for Iberia. Also, it's part of our culture to live with our parents/relatives because housing is very expensive, space itself can be limited, etc. so getting your own home is not worth the cost and effort.

>The EEC/EU was a bad deal for Iberia

So what you're saying is that it's somebody else's fault?

> Also, it's part of our culture to live with our parents/relatives because housing is very expensive, space itself can be limited, etc. so getting your own home is not worth the cost and effort.

Wait, what? This has nothing to do with the question.

No, it's still mostly our own fault.

And I thought you might find the unrelated part interesting since it could give you some insight on the phenomenon. You're not kicked out of your home when you reach the magic number of 18 and forced to look up a job right away.

>germanic europe is the only part of europe where young people work
>(portugal too)

Stop being so lazy

You're not kicked out here either. We're just better than you, and that is why we have very low number of NEETs and why don't spend our adult lives living with mommy.

Again, Portugal is excelling compared to its neighbours. The Portuguese economy is growing faster than most others in the EU as well. Bravo Portugal!

When you can make more by sitting and drinking in your flat there's little incentive to go for a less paying blue collar job. otherwise the job markets pretty fucked.

>We're just better than you
Enjoy it while it lasts (20 years tops).

I live with my gf and Daughter, we both work.

The only reason i do it is because my parents died and our house is being used by my 2 brothers. I got 0 gibs from social security and work all days of the month exept 2 weekends at month.
Its worth it because i make 3 to 5 times minimum wage.

Life is pain for everyone faggot. I was born middle high class, study in private schools and travelled Europe withmy kraut Opa, untill he 2 died
Il be making 25 tomorow, 6 years without my Opa has been truly painfull, even worst then my mother griefing

>living in sin

slovenians are germanic?

Dud my kid is baptized and i married throw the church, but not civil.
Im not a fedora, but i dont have faith.

Best marriage is the one that is neither religious or civil. Far less risk for both parties.

>Wait, what? This has nothing to do with the question.
It does though. Socially acceptable to live with your family past 18 years old = more likely to offer support while someone else is the main bread winner.

Religious is just a meme party full of wine , food and well dressed peopld, it holds to real value other then if you actually believe in the bible. Civil is just to cuck men out of theyre rights.
Only did religious one because it was 80% paid by family

europe was a mistake

No, but full of undeclared workers :))

Not really. We just emigrate.

Which, you know, it's better than sitting your ass at home waiting for shit to happen for you, but it says more about the Portuguese than it says about Portugal as a place to work.

t. Actual Employed Portuguese

Living with our relatives does not require us to be unemployed. In fact, that cultural tendency traditionally comes from us caring/providing for our older generations, rather than living off of them, like what Northerners usually imply.

I know that, I should've formulated my post better.

There are a lot of factors that leads one to be a NEET so perhaps we should try to not oversimplify things too much.

being in eternal tertiary education limbo isnt much better than neetdom

the catch with that is that your bank account needs to be empty. if you have own wealth to support your neetdom you arent eligible for aid.