Taboo Thread

Alright, it has been a while and hopefully, the New Year has been good to you. Tonight is not a Tyrant or The Americans thread, but rather, a new FX show starring Tom Hardy called Taboo. I had caught a few commercials of it, but can't really give a detailed backstory and all things considered, maybe it's better that way.

Tonight's episode is simply titled "Episode 1":

>After 10 years in Africa, James Delaney returns to 1814 London to claim a mysterious legacy left to him by his father.

Also of note in this show is Oona Chaplin, Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter and better known as Robb Stark's wife.

As for a stream, I'm still unclear as to the rules on Sup Forums for streams, but one is around somewhere. In the meantime, you can enjoy Lucy, which was a pretty good, but short movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olwYxXWHBz8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hello autistic op

here's a recap of episode 1: nigger loving mystic Bane comes back to England and won't sell his inherited land to some rich and powerful uptight motherfuckers that murdered his father, he also might have fucked Robb Stark's wife who's his sister. That's it.

Okay, does it show promise as a show or are we gonna get Bastard Executioner'd?

eh, the acting and setting and all are ok but there's just nothing much happening at all, I was frankly pissed after an hour that nothing happened, giving it one more episode

That's a fair assessment. Honestly, I thought that this show would've had a thread already. Nonetheless, I hope that more people show up.

there've been several threads already, some say kino, some say boring

The setting has me intrigued, but God Damn it had one hell of a shitty promotional poster.

IT BEGINS!

Breddy gud so far

>Franka Potente

Haven't seen her since The Bridge. Wonder if this is a one-time deal or she's a regular character?

Not bad, but tell me: Why does he wear the hood?

The buzz on the first three episodes (which critics have seen) seems to pretty much be unanimous in that production values are great, tone is great, Hardy is great, but it's SLOW. Not in the way that people are phone addict retards with no attention span either, the plot moves in inches in the first three hours.

I am ready for some new FX kino
also pretty hype for Legion

IT'S FUCKING POSCA

This is pretty good so far, and it might be great.
Sidenote, as I haven't been paying attention, any news on a new Fargo season?

shes a madam/whore whos been using a shipyard building that belongs to toms dead dad which she converted into a whore/opium den

just started filming, we wont get it till end of the year or maybe next year

Excellent. I never mind if it takes longer than usual shows to make, as it's better than rushing things out and getting an underwhelming result. Glad to see they are continuing it.

Neat! Until Fargo comes back, I'll give their shows a shot. Did anyone here bother with Atlanta?

the show is about
conspiracy
illuminati
the birth of america
slavery
voodoo

High Sparrow

So that makes two GoT alums in this show now.

Oh shit, they used their "Fuck" already, eh?

I think every FX show gets two now. I think American Crime Story had two.

Don't forget grorious mace

we had Atlanta threads here, it was well received by people that gave it a chance
but Sup Forums leaks everywhere

The commercials made it seem like it was black people talking about profound shit while high and a single dad trying to do right. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point.

No one else did it yet, so i will...

James?

>fuckin

what i time to be alive! i like it so far. also, im a sucker for incestuous love

This show has already been out for days, why do you want to watch the censored Americuck version with commercials?

hes trying to do right but hes a typical lazy millenial looking for a easy way to make money

I enjoyed the first episode. But then again how can you not like bane?

we /voodoo/ now

Bump

This pretty good so far. Only one thing missing.pic related.

Surprised no one ever made a 19th century version of this scene. Things look pretty spot-on so far.

I like it so far big guy is great.

I love this show.

london in victorian era, tom hardy, incest

I wish Eva Green was involved, victorian era costumes fit her very well

>dat ass

Holy shit, this show.

Eva Green would be perfect, how's Penny Dreadful?

Because I'm a poor smalltowner with no computer

Well that's 2. I wonder if they get per episode now. Honestly it'd be cool, as it is a late night show on a cable network, don't see the need to censor it.

cancelled kek

Over. :(

Hardy is actually a great actor and The Take is my personal favorite of his kino.

>fuckin
>suck n fuck
>ass

love it

Holy fucking shit the writing is fucking amazing.

And the tone is fucking perfect.

I'm calling Kino early on this one boys

ended

Yeah I actually like him a lot. I've seen a decent amount of his stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=olwYxXWHBz8

How is he so perfect?

(no homo)

but I can not stop admiring him, face aesthetic and this damn deep voice

Has Hardy shown his peen yet?

I don't remember her in anything other than Run Lola Run and Bourne movies.

>nigger x2

oh snap!

It's going to be censored probably since it's FX just look it up you faggot.

NIGGER

Oh we've got treachery!

B I G

G U Y

K I N O

Wtf is happening rn

Big Guy has misgivings about his father dying, so he has the body exhumed and it turns out it was arsenic poisoning.

>Americans back in two months

Perfect. This show will kill time until The Americans comes back. Three good shows on rotation?! FX, you're too good to me.

This show is too big for me

That was some good acting. Now we know why the land is important and he put those snobby fucks in their place.

Shiet that was great, hope it catches on and it's definitely interesting.

Going to rewatch it

Was Oona's face injured in the first scene or was that the embroidery?

tom hardy cannot act. he does the same manlet tough guy grunting wide eyed bane performance in fucking literally everything

It was kino. Pure chiaroscuro and vibrant reds. I love anything with voodoo and hope they explore it a lot instead of just hinting at it.

Big guy was great and I love steven knight. Peaky blinders was underrated kino.

Hey CIA you still mad?

>can't act

I have yet to see Peaky Blinders but Hardy is always good.

GET THIS HOT HEAD OUT OF HERE

>lawyer mentioned poison
>talk to me about poison
>father was poisoned

Pottery kino right here we better get all the seasons

As long as we don't get Tyrant'd or Bastard Executioner'd

Is that you, Dagget? Do you feel in charge or something?

Rate the episode out of 10:

8/10 here.

Watch it senpai. Hardy is in season 2not much though. However cillian murphy and steven knights' writing make the show.

I didn't watch Bastard because it didn't interest me but Tyrant was a tragedy.

We're going to get to reach out to white to get to black with the Mayan series but first 9 would be better.

Voodoo bullshit/10

Will watch next week's episode

it's uncensored in America m8

Two niggers and bunch of asses/10

Rewatching right now definitely tuning in again.

This shows promise, so I hope we don't get the Tyrant treatment. Two great seasons, and an awful 3rd season, which sucks because it was a drama about an area of the world you don't see that often.

Looks like the docket is gonna be crowded for a while.

My secret hope is that we end up with a cache of qts for me to get high-res stuff of.

It was a veil.

Historical note, not only is she Chaplin's granddaughter, she is the granddaughter of Oona O'Neill, Eugene O'Neill's daughter and the one true love of J.D. Salinger until he went off to war and she ran off with Charlie.

That's awesome. Slow burn and everything.

I hope some witch crafty voodoo shit goes down in the next episode. I want to see some fights and more ghost shit.

That finale was bullshit and them diamond camels were going to get fucked.

I thought this was a miniseries? Just one season?

idk man I like it so make it happen.

If it does well, then we'll see how many seasons it becomes.

It probably will. My theories:

>the slaves being caged in were a sacrifice of some kind
>there was insurance on the slaves and some shit went down, which allowed him to cash in on it

so its cannibalism right?

I wonder how much the incest child will come into play later. I can already see the trading company using him as leverage.

Probably a major plot point. They pin some crime on him, but the previews make a strong case to keep watching.

what incest child?

The one he payed the guy for watching. If you're rewatching, he'll show up in a few.

The big black slave ghost scared me. But i tried to give him no fear in which to feed him with. He was a big guy.

I thought that was just an illegitimate kid of his dads

its highly implied its a child of incest between him and his half sister

How so? I watched the whole thing and didnt get that. Was it because of what she says in her letter at the end?

Well its pretty clear it is taboo big guy's son. And it is heavily implied he and his sister were incestuous. Leading to the kid neither of them wanted to take care of. Big guy probably made an excuse that the mother died in childbirth and he wasnt fit to be a father and was to go of with EIC

>he was big guy

Subtle, I like it good job user.

their father didnt want the kid sp thats why hes living with those people. tom hardy was sent away to military school because him fucking his half sister and having a kid. maybe the dad was upset cause he wanted his daughter/stepdaughter maybe?

Just rewatched the scene, he says "rash like me". I get it now.

best scene in the show coming back up