LEAK: The Future Of The X-MEN Franchise

- Bryan Singer is no longer the director, but will remain as a producer and creative consultant.

- Singer didn't want to direct X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, but Fox convinced him to do it. He originally viewed X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST as the "natural end" of the series.

- Fox doesn't consider X-MEN: APOCALYPSE a flop, but it definitely underperformed, and they're aware that the audience hasn't reacted positively to the new cast. This, coupled with Singer's departure and James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult reaching the end of their contracts, has led to Fox shelving plans for another direct sequel for the time being.

- McAvoy is already in final talks to sign a new contract to play Xavier, now that Patrick Stewart is retiring from the role.

- There's interest in bringing Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult back as well, but none of them are as enthusiastic as McAvoy, who genuinely enjoys the role. Besides, they have a wider timetable to renegotiate their contracts since Magneto, Mystique and Beast wouldn't be used again for the next three years at least.

- LOGAN was been very well-received by test-audiences and is projected to be a box office hit.

- Ellen Page makes an uncredited appearance in the movie as an older Kitty Pryde.

- There's no Deadpool cameo as previously reported.

- Hugh Jackman decided to retire due to his health, as he no longer feel capable of maintaining the rigorous training regime to achieve his Wolverine physique, but Fox is trying to change his mind, and he's now leaning towards coming back at least one more time for a proposed WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover, as he truly loves the characters and is good friends with Ryan Reynolds.

- Tim Miller left DEADPOOL 2 due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds over tone and budget. Miller wanted the movie to be slightly darker and more serious, and wanted a budget increse to roughly $115 million. Reynolds preferred to maintain the irreverent tone and fairly low budget, which is projected to be of roughly $100 million.

- Cable and Domino will appear in the movie. Liam Neeson is Fox's top choice to play Cable, but an offer hasn't been made yet. Actresses are currently auditioning for Domino, with Sofia Boutella, Mackenzie Davis and Kelly Rohrbach as the frontrunners.

- Morena Baccarin, J.T. Miller and Leslie Uggams will return.

- T-Ray will be the main villain and lead a team of mutant mercenaries that includes Garrison Kane, Amelia Voght, Wyre, Sluggo and Slayback.

- The movie will be released on June 29, 2018.

- Fox is moving forward with X-MEN: THE NEW MUTANTS, directed by Josh Boone. Depending on the audience's reaction, they might even replace the characters introduced in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE as the franchise's young leads.

- The movie set in the 1980's and features Mirage, Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, Wolfsbane and Warlock battling Demon Bear. Professor Charles Xavier will appear.

- Casting is underway, with Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams and Nat Wolff in advanced talks for Magik, Wolfsbane and Cannonball.

- Tyler Posey and Noel Fisher have been approached by Boone for Sunspot and Warlock, respectively, but there are no negotiations yet.

- Boone is interested in Naomi Scott for Mirage, but there'll be an audition process in the coming months. Mirage is the lead character, and Fox wants an actress with true Native American descendency for the role.

- Warlock and Demon Bear will be CGI creations, created through motion-capture and prosthetics. Fox wants a notable actor to voice Demon Bear, such as Idris Elba, who was previously in talks for Apocalypse.

- The movie's budget is of roughly $125 million and the release date is March 2, 2018.

- GAMBIT is still in development and Channing Tatum is still attached to star and produce, but Lea Seydoux has dropped out due to production delays. The script is being revised to scale down the budget, which was projected to be of roughly $150 million. Fox is currently scouting directors, with Reuben Flescher and Chad Stahelski as early frontrunners. There are plans to release the movie on February 15, 2019.

- DEADPOOL 3 is already in early development, but David Leitch won't return to direct. Cable and Domino are expected to return and the movie will feature the X-Force being assembled ahead of a potential spin-off headlined by Cable.

- Fox really wants the WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover to happen, if they are able to convince Hugh Jackman, but are still figuring out if they'd have a standalone movie or just feature Wolverine in DEADPOOL 3.

- More mainline X-MEN movies depend on the public's reception to NEW MUTANTS and how the negotiations with Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult go. If it doesn't pan out, Fox will simply add fan-favorite characters such as Quicksilver, Nightcrawler and Storm to the New Mutants in further sequels.

- Fox is studying their options to revamp the Fantastic Four in the movies after Josh Trank's movie flopped. Whichever they decide to do, they'll skip the origin and jump straight into the Fantastic Four as an established institution. They're aiming for a high-concept, adventurous GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY-esque movie now.

- Fox has regretted letting go of Daredevil to keep Galactus and the Silver Surfer, given how they've enjoyed a resurgence in the genre in lower-budger, R-rated movies, many of them period pieces, just as Joe Carnahan had proposed his DAREDEVIL project to be in the early 2010's.

- Fox indeed planned for a X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR crossover with the versions created by Singer and Trank, but that idea has since been scrapped, and they've made the decision to keep the two properties separated when they reboot the Fantastic Four (again) in the near-future.

Most of this sounds promising,

just sell DOOM back to Marvel already.

This thread happened yesterday, fuck off.

I really hope New Mutants turns out well, I really like that comic but mainstream audience has never heard of the characters so don't know if they'd be open to them or not.

>- Fox is studying their options to revamp the Fantastic Four in the movies after Josh Trank's movie flopped. Whichever they decide to do, they'll skip the origin and jump straight into the Fantastic Four as an established institution. They're aiming for a high-concept, adventurous GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY-esque movie now.

GIVE UP. CHRIST. WHEN WILL THE SUITS AT FOX LEARN. YOU FUCKED UP 4 TIMES NOW.

Why the fuck are they still trying to reboot Fantastic Four?

>Maisie Williams
Please no

Because they know they are sitting on a gold mine. They just have no idea how to get the gold out. They are sitting on a IP that is worth millions in the hands of Marvel and that pisses the people at Fox off because they can't make those millions someone else could.

That must be irritating, knowing that if they gave up the rights now, in five years Marvel has the opportunity to make over a Billion off of it.

I mean shit, what was the turn around on the rights of Daredevil transferring to when the show was released?
And that was after Fox sitting on the rights for a decade.

>Masie Williams will play wolverine in your lifetime

What a time to be alive

>Wolfsbane is Wolverine
Full retard.

Wolves are not Wolverines. Watch a nature documentary sometime.

I don't understand how that's even a difficult comic to adapt. They've tried so many times (even with that 90's one that was never released), yet seems to be the most difficult hero team to get right.

The Fantastic Four are campier than the X-Men. They got their powers from space magic, all their powers are WILDLY different for no reason, they all live together for no reason, and their primary villain is the armor-wearing dictator of a fictional country.

>Ellen Page makes an uncredited appearance in the movie as an older Kitty Pryde.
>There's no Deadpool cameo as previously reported.

F4 don't work with live action actors, its stucked in the 60s.

Saw the Logan trailer today in front of Rogue One and I got chills. Fucking Stewart can just plain emote. God damn.

How many lights do you see??

Seems there's a pattern here and his name is Ben

You have to focus on the character interactions. Maybe keep the budget tight incase people don't respond well.

>only the strong will survive
>nobody in the movie dies, excluding the villain
what did they mean by this?

That's not really possible with the FF though. All 4 of them will require extensive CGI.

well she looks like a mutant

Technically, Sue Storm requires 0 CGI. You don't even need to hire an actress at all.

Its because Fox doesn't get the F4 franchise at all. F4 characters are shit, they're bland. F4 movie is supposed to be about Doom, with the F4 team playing as second fiddle. jfc the low budget B movie film got this right, how can they not get it.

They live together because they're literally a family. And they should be approached as such, not as an Avengers-like team. The comics have explanations for their powers being as they are, if it's really needed.

The worst thing they've done in all these movies is fucking Doom's shit up. They'd be halfway to a decent entry if they just got him right. It can't be that fucking difficult, he's an evil Iron Man dictator who blames Reed for an accident that fucked up his face. DON'T give powers, just tech. Find an actor that won't demand to have his face on screen. You're good.

>since Magneto, Mystique and Beast wouldn't be used again for the next three years at least.
THANK

FUCKING

GOD

4 lights

This tbqh läds. F4 on theyr own is boring as shit. Doom is what makes them interesting.

But they wouldn't be boring if they had good writers.

Havoc and Angel

Max Landis actually had a good F4 pitch that focused on the team and iirc didn't feature Doom at all.

>Max "my dad is a helicopter parent" Landis had a good F4 pitch

opinion disregarded

I think Max Landis is a shitty writer, but his F4 pitch was good. The dude loves comics and understands them better than anyone at Fox.

>He originally viewed X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST as the "natural end" of the series.

>2nd movie
>"natural end"

Is he a real director?

I love Magneto, but he should not have been the main villain or even in X-men 3. They also should have skipped using him in Apocalypse. They just neuter his character when they force him into things.

>Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane

He saw what happened with X3

>angel, known for his only powers being flying
>dies from a fall

JUST

I mean.... it's a great end for x-men 1-3. Remember he did direct 3 out of 5 x-men movies at this point.

He's the reason X3 was shitty. It's not like he wasn't involved with X3. He was involved basically right until principal photography, then he jumped ship for Superman Returns.
And both X1 & X2 have aged like milk. They're virtually unwatchable now. Singer a shit.

They want to introduce the X-Firce in Deadpool 3.

>Singer a shit.
he is always in for the boipussy. He is always casting the same young chads he wants to plow in between takes.

>$100 million
>low budget
This is the problem with Hollywood

>ywn be part of the Singer good looking crew

why even live bros? ;_;

$100 million is low budget for capeshit now. Suicide Squad had a budget of $250 million when you include the reshoots.

How it was the average Hollywood budget fo the 80s action movies?

They should take the piss out of dark edgy super hero trend by making cable like Snyder's superman

It's almost double the original budget of Deadpool. That's the problem with these execs, they think they can just throw money into it to make it successful when the original had less money spent on it then HBO put into Westworld.

I have no desire at all to see a f4 movie. They should do something different with it. Make it pixar animated cgi but give a Kirby style and throw in a lot of weird science fictiony ideas

see . There can never be a good F4 movie, it always has to be about Doom

>There's interest in bringing Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult back
>Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult
>Lawrence and Hoult
>Lawrence

Being low budget wasn't a reason for Deadpool's success, dingus. They made do with a small budget. They even made jokes in the fucking movie about how shitty the budget was.

>Ellen Page makes an uncredited appearance in the movie as an older Kitty Pryde.

Why Kitty and not, well, Rogue?

>Rogue
>Existing in Xmen universe

Because she played Kitty?

Good luck pulling Anna Pequod out of whatever cave she has crawled into

>- Tyler Posey and Noel Fisher have been approached by Boone for Sunspot and Warlock,
Now I know you're lying. No way they'd cast a white guy for Sunspot. Hell, they got shit for casting a Mexican in DOFP because he was too light.

I'd crawl into her hole

Probably because Kitty and Wolverine has a history together since Logan is a pedophile and always hangs out with younger girls.

I don't remember Rogue and Wolvie ever really being that close.

Posey is half spic and looks plenty spic. And Hollywood exces think in terms of ticking boxes. If they get an actual Indian actress to play the lead character then they view that as the diversity box being ticked.

Should Fox have given up Galactus and the Silver Surfer, Sup Forums?

>Hugh Jackman decided to retire due to his health

Side effects of Roids have always been exaggerated, but they still take their toll

Yes. They should have given up on that entire franchise. Instead they've ruined it for themselves and Marvel Studios.

He also does excessive amounts of power lifting, dehydrating, and crash dieting to get cut the fuck up. That stuff takes a toll. Especially the dehydration. Bodybuilders do the same thing, and it wreaks havoc on their organs.

>Cannonball

They've already used Cannonball's powerset for their version of Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

These hack frauds are going too far this time.

That's a random meme character though, she's not going to actually appear in anything else.

I think Reynolds said her and Colossus are both coming back.

I'd be surprised if they didn't bring her back in some capacity for Deadpool 2. She and Colossus felt like very organic fits to the movie.

She came back for Days of Future Past, why wouldn't she come back for this?

Deadpool 2 needs to take the piss out of Zack Snyder the way Deadpool 1 took the piss out of Bryan Singer.

I've been saying this for a while. Fox should make a deal with Marvel like they did with Sony and get Fantastic Four. X-Men works well standalone and has worked well for them with Mutants.

Fantastic Four being with Marvel could bring an adaptation of Secret Invasion with the Skrulls. It would be perfect after Infinity Wars and it could shake things up in the MCU while providing a more personal threat to Earth.

nobody actually cares about the fantastic four, that property is dead in the water after what Fox have done with it. What marvel want the rights for is the other characters arbitrarily tied up in the mess, A great many hugely important characters for the Cosmic Marvel setting are tied up with the FF and the ones that can't often have their best stories involving the ones that are anyway.

So marvel can't adapt many of their cosmic storylines at all, this is why GoTG is so incredibly different from what the actual GoTG do in the comics. Aside from the characters it's basically entirely dissimilar.

wait, there's no dance-off in the comics?

FUCK
THIS
SHIT

Marvel should try to have Logan cameo I'm sure Fox would be game if they could get a character they want inn return.

RotSS was Kino

Its Reynolds movie so he must know.

I just hope New Mutants does a proper adaption of Magik. She's one of the hottest X-Men girls ever but doesn't get any attention outside of the comics. She has a cool backstory too about getting kidnapped by demons as a child and being raised in hell as a sorcerer.

Fox doesn't really need anyone themselves though.

They have a genuinely ridiculous amount of source material to draw from already and X-men (mutants in general really) is honestly one of the more consistently decent marvel titles.

I think the New Mutants will cross with Deadpool 3 thus becoming the X-Force.

The X-Men movies are fucking dogshit. I hate Deadpool for being a hit and keeping this shit alive.

Why is capeshit so grimdark ? Would audiencws not react to a more off the wall plot like DOOM contacts demigods and signs the Fantadtic 4 up for an interdimensional basketball tournament

I thought she was Colosuss' sister?

also they're contractually obliged to keep making films or they lose the rights

They already made that shit fest called f4ntastic for. They can hold off losing millions more for a least a decade and a half.

I think Fox don't care for F4 rights anymore, it will go back to Marvel eventually.

X-Men is another story, especially after Deadpool was made without a Jewish gay pedo at the realm.

They don't have to make a new movie every two years though.

She is.

I still hope they have more classic based costumes.

Funny how Fucking Deadpool movie had more comics accurate costumes than the whole X-Men movie series helmed by that gay pedo Jew.

Tim Miller is smart for going darker and serious

>"I am Sue Storm! The Invisible Woman!"
>just some lady doing voice overs while the crew lifts set pieces with string

knowing hollywood it would still cost $30 million just for her post production stuff

Honestly, I never thought the yellow and blue would work in live-action so I didn't mind it when Singer didn't use it.

I'm actually okay with Wolverine in casual clothes.
That said, since I saw it work in Deadpool, I want the New Mutants students to try the yellow and blue on.

Too bad they used one of the most useless xmen ever

The end of Days of Future Past was perfect. Wolverine waking up and Jean Gray, Cyclops, the Professor, everyone from the originals alive and there in a hopeful new future.