Okay okay, very funny, but in all seriousness, when do the actual decent contenders get up in the top spots?

Okay okay, very funny, but in all seriousness, when do the actual decent contenders get up in the top spots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDi8PDqOYnI
youtube.com/watch?v=R73EywZD-K0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When there are good albums released.

Phantom Thread is actually good while the other two is fag shit

>taking RYM seriously

youtube.com/watch?v=WDi8PDqOYnI

I think you're ignoring something

>81
This website is bullshit

it really isn't that good compared to their other stuff

um the album sort of pulls itself together from Desire onward but it's not a solid album. it's only gonna drop in rankings.

>Reddit Your Mu

More Than Any Other Day takes a nosedive after The Weather Song
Same with Sun Coming Down and Beautiful Blue Sky
I don't think there's a single song on RITW that is throwaway material
If nothing else I think it's their most original album but I genuinely can't see how people think it's not as good or less consistent than their others

>make a derivative album copying a sub-genre that is almost 50 years old
>hurr why no one wants to listen to it
>hurr why is the rating so low

wow, rym is exactly the same as Sup Forums and r/indiecucks

Every bad review on RYM says it's derivative and not a single one gives any justification or examples for it

Sun Coming Down is nearly perfect, and his voice is god-tier on it

AOTYSF here

no they're not.

yeah they are.

>post punk is nearly 50
I don’t like this one bit

If you're going to post an album I can't get results from a reverse image search, and take the time to change the filename, couldn't you at least put the album title in the filename too?

Yeah, this album deserves higher than 39th

>this is 28 places lower than meme rosenstock

Jerry Quickley - (american) FOOL
srry

Is the rap meme finally over? Could it be?

Gus Dapperton - You Think You're a Comic
youtube.com/watch?v=R73EywZD-K0

People need to hear this. Indie is saved.

Shit you're not supposed to say sorry, then it makes me into the only one acting like a dick in the exchange.

le meme math rock band where every song sounds the fucking same

Honestly, I don't think it's really the job of a reviewer to educate you on the history of the genre. If they say it's derivative then you should listen to more of the genre to form your own opinion. But I can tell you right now, without having heard the album, but having heard others by them, it's derivative.

>But I can tell you right now, without having heard the album, but having heard others by them, it's derivative
10/10

ever think that they're not as good at writing songs

well, 2017 only started being good in October

Greenwood is 10 times better as an all-around artist than whatever fag shit you listen to

>Listens to Amnesiac once

>Implying Around Again, Clarity and Gemini aren't all amazing
I like RitW quite a bit, but pieces wasted and brief shield are weak.
Celebration is probably oughts worst song though, but On the Line is really good.

I hated Pieces Wasted and Brief Shield the first time I heard them. In fact, I initially thought RitW was their most frontloaded album to date. But the more I listen to them the more I start to like them. Brief Shield reminds me almost of some of the quieter Pavement tracks, and the wordplay and vocal melodies on Pieces Wasted are super cool.

I like Around Again and Gemini a lot but honestly they haven't grown on me nearly as quickly as the others have.

I think they put a pretty even split of upbeat tracks and slower, less immediate tracks on all of their records but I think they basically split them evenly from one side to the other on this one so it makes it a lot more jarring.

I definitely agree the second side is at least a little weaker, though. That's a really valid opinion. I just get really disheartened about people who make it like halfway in and decide to give it a shit score based on his voice like half the RYM reviews.

2017 sucked and 10s in general still sucks

but The OOZ came out in October, it was very good

>he thinks Phantom Thread OST is bad

Kanye has Turbo Grfx 16 on the way m8

epic style!!!!