Will the west ever be able to produce anything on the level of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Will the west ever be able to produce anything on the level of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Twin Peaks
Carnivale
In Treatment
John Adams
Rome
Over the Garden Wall

hahaha

BAHAHAHA

Artists take/steal all the time, what's your point?

No

>basic coming of age story

there have been a couple of those, ya.

it's pretty much funded autism so maybe when our hugbox policy let's autists get in control the same way the atomic bomb did for japan.

this makes me like EOE even more, tobh

OP I'm sorry but its Japan that needs to catch up not the West. West has produced many great works of art however Japan after all this time has produced so few. Its time to let go of your weabooness and learn some art

Wasn't "how disgusting" ad-libbed?

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. Hideaki Anno merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.

Even though the pictures you posted aren't really copies? I don't really get how you could get Stalker from that scene with Shinji sitting in the chair.

Example of a great cinematic thief is Bergman. Most of his films are inspired by both Tarkovsky and Kurosawa but does enough to separate greatly from what he is copying. Summer with Monika mimics Riefenstahl's Olympia but Bergman completely uses it in a different manner.

this is pretty good quality bait. suggest adding avatar the last airbender to anime for maximum butthurt.

almost upset me, then i saw ASOIAF
heavy-handed

I took a shit earlier today

ok
kek

EVA is for bebe weeaboos. literally faggot tier. Only thing good is the "mecha" designs

what a fucking stretch

>Will the west ever be able to produce anything on the level of Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Will the east?

>this really is disgusting
>disgusting
Not the true translation. Might as well take any line mentioning "disgusting" in film and compare it.

You made the list worst, you know.

>Boyhood