Anyone want to talk about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9k0dJEkzXc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fav track?

mine is total trash

Silver rocket or the sprawl

Teen Age Riot, unironically.

Opening track, Silver Rocket, and Total Trash alone are worth the price of admission.

Total Trash, Eric’s Trip and Rain King is Sonic Youth at its best

Let’s talk about SY’s most under appreciated album

Cross the Breeze is good

Rain King

>Anyone want to talk about it?
i've already discussed the thing to death. but it's definitely one of my favorite albums of all time

this and Washing Machine are my favorites

This, I come back to Bad Moon Rising more than any of the Sonic Youth albums I've heard (studio albums up to goo + sonic nurse). It's great.

Best songs on Daydream Nation are probably Rain King or Trilogy for me, but I used to like Cross The Breeze most. Teenage Riot of course is classic. All the songs are good. Best songs on BMR are hard to choose.. gotta mention Brave Men Run, I'm Insane and Halloween though

kim's vocals on eliminator jr. make my dick hard

came to post this, every track that breaks the 7 minute mark (teen age riot included) are 10/10s

fuck i forgot about candle, it's a 10 too

thats not NYC Ghosts
Thoughts on their SYR albums? SYR 8 is my favourite

How has nobody mentioned Hey Joni

Best album coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=9k0dJEkzXc4
One of the best things these ever did was Death Valley 69. Their best music video probably too.

Eric's Trip or Hey Joni

Providence or Cross The Breeze.

Why does everyone hate Dirty

It was the follow up to Goo, which was a really good album for a major label debut. Dirty is pretty weak. There are a few good songs, but even Jet Set, Trash No Star was better.

Dirty is hated?
I actually like it

Not trying to hate, but I find this one of the most overrated albums, whether Sup Forumscore or not.
I like a few elements of it, but for every bit I like, there is a part I dislike. I can't stand the female singer at all.

What's there to get about Sonic Youth? I also tried the album Sister & that one I actively disliked.

Listen to it louder or at the gym or something

I played it at full blast, which is loud enough to be heard from my 2nd story bedroom all the way to the basement sub-floor.
Still didn't resonate with me.
I don't go to the gym because I'm a skinny nigga who too lazy to do that shit.

I mildly like most of the daydream nation tracks with the dude singing, & sometimes the riffs are really nice. But most of the time it just "fades" into the background and I can't focus on any aspect of it.

this
/THREAD

You're a few years too late for me but it is definitely a classic and I listened to it probably 100 times in my Sonic Youth phase, definitely in their Top 3 best albums

Providence is the best track but it's mostly all bangers

Interestingly, the first time I listened to it, I thought Teen Age Riot was total garbage and it was only from halfway through The Sprawl to the end of the album that I loved every minute but I later came to love the opener as well

idk listen to it again, the riffs contrasting the noise in the background (or the foreground) is part of what makes this album

also try not being a twink?

Silver Rocket or Hey Joni

My least favorite of the 80s albums but still very good. Society Is A Hole is probably my favorite on the album, wish SY sounded that dark more often.

Goo's actually my least favorite SY album and I think Dirty's a marginally more bearable version of it.

>Goo's actually my least favorite SY album and I think Dirty's a marginally more bearable version of it.
Finally somebody who actually gets it.

Daydream Nation's the album where SY's songwriting finally caught up with their raw talent. The guitar interplay on it is consistently excellent throughout and the songs were the most well realized they probably ever wrote on average, cleverly incorporating their no wave roots into more accessible compositions without going overboard with their pretensions. They've written more accessible albums and they've written more challenging ones, but very few if any of their other albums strike a balance as tasteful as Daydream Nation does.

Fight me IRL

>all the major lables get shit
ofc

I don't know which of their albums are on major labels but if you are referring to their later career, they legitimately did that on purpose. They put their stuff they cared about on the SYR label and the radio friendly stuff on whatever their other label was.

Confusion is Sex is one of my personal favorites and it's hilarious how underrated Rather Ripped is for being a perfectly decent set of catchy tunes. I want to disagree with A Thousand Leaves but opinions can be what they will on that one, they pulled no punches on that album.

I think by the time I got to Rather Ripped I began to lose some patience for the formula, it's one I considered rating higher but I generally try not to rate things high for being catchy

Confusion is Sex is the one Sonic Youth album I've always felt the worst about and meant to go back to it many times but my Sonic Youth phase ended years ago, I will reevaluate it someday but I feel I'd have to first get back into all that music again

Hey Joni is so fucking good, that break down bit.

Whats the problem with Goo?