This album is unironically fantastic

This album is unironically fantastic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99PwfIzMzr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the state of Sup Forums in 2018

Finally, it's getting the respect it deserves! It might be attributed to me!

Anyway, American Idiot is a Punk Rock masterpiece through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. As such, it was the last true Punk album and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record. (1/2)

(2/2)
During the oversaturation and commercialization of Pop Punk in the mainstream, the creativity Punk music ever had greatly diminished. Like most Rock genres, to seek any sort of authenticity, one would have to venture underground in order to find solace. Green Day almost single-handedly saved the genre from perishing in its own stereotypes, while keeping true to its Punk origins. Other albums simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness, ultimately not challenging anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot.

More like Green Gay.

What are his top 5 albums, Sup Forums?

Jesus fucking Christ I hope you're not serious.

ITT: Soy

your top 5 albums

americ anfootball
castaways and cutouts
pink moon
to pimp a butterfly
loveless

What's bad about it?

I won't say it's "bad" per se. I used to enjoy it a lot when I was younger, even now, the production spunds pretty good, but it's a bit overhyped. Certainly not as "epic" as what the person who posted that essay has made it out to be.

Guaranteed replies

youtube.com/watch?v=99PwfIzMzr0
ONE MINUTE? ONE FUCKING MINUTE LEFT?!

I see, guess I exaggerated a bit on it. It's just that if I don't, people on this website wouldn't appreciate the album more, so I sometimes fib a bit to force people to enjoy the album a bit more, in hopes that it could get the coveted honor of being Sup Forumscore. But I do agree with you a bit. Anyway, I was the same guy. My PC is broken.

I get what you're trying to say and why. This album does deserve to be on the Sup Forumscore 100 something albums chart. There's a lot of actually shit albums on it that can be taken out.

>caring this much about music
pleb

>green day and Linkin park is good
god you edgefags are the worst.
All American Rejects best girl

Yeah it's due for critical reappraisal along w MCR

Green Soy

Soylent Green?

Autism. Pop punk/emu will never be good.

I agree.

It's like a 7/10 but I can still bear it after all these years so I guess it did something right.