youtube.com/watch?v=CWRDZwV8jGE
youtube.com/watch?v=tKAh--ss1r0
youtube.com/watch?v=k0R-wj6NLU4
youtube.com/watch?v=VG9VhC0hiTg
youtube.com/watch?v=NR9ALPjrNVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Objectively true

He's not wrong

I always had an impression that Smooth Criminal wasn't one of his most remembered songs until this cover happened

>that feel when I own every Alien Ant Farm album and still listen to them
>that feel when they just put out a new record in 2015 and I like it too

>This
It was all Beat It and Thriller and I guess a little bit of Black and White until this came along.

>Television & Film

>that feel when

>Early 00s teen movie
>Smooth Criminal starts playing
Here, I made this /teevee/ thread

>it's a Jim accidentally faps with super glue episode

They're both good. Personally I prefer the original as I don't think Alien Ant Farm quite nailed the guitar solo MJ yelp lean portion

Original is better, not even an argument

Original has a heavier, more abrasive beat than the one that is supposed to be heavy and abrasive.

the AAF version is literally what everyone heard as a kid

You were probably 6 in 1990. Man in the Mirror was fucking EVERYWHERE. And Bad.

Do you remember the time?

ITT: Retarded children make a thread

This and BAHA men -who let the dogs out where the first singles I bought.

>tfw to smart too like tv and movies

I never liked the original. I was burning an 80s CD for this past Christmas road trip back home and was going to put the original on it. It sucked, my opinion didn't change. The AAF version is stellar in comparison.

>6 in 1990
You'd be lucky if anyone here other than me was born before 1996

I would genuinely agree

>Who Let the Dogs Out came out 17 years ago

This is just so wrong...

The entire "Will you tell us, that you're ok?" part is just so much more epic and powerful when Michael sings it. I don't see how there are differing opinions on this. I really don't...

auntie are you ok, are you okay auntie?

Yeah but the "Annie are you okay?" part in the AAF version is soooo much better.

I concede that the "Will you tell us that you're ok?" part is pretty good in the original.

Different strokes. Incidentally, I feel like both the Seal and Mushroomhead versions of Crazy are both awesome in their own way.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nhu8Aj-bgHY

youtube.com/watch?v=1A-hqZf7xQs

Literally the wrong way around

Back go

I just listened to both to be sure. I didn't even make it through the cover. I'm on the third time through the original. Literally can't stop listening to it.

Smooth Criminal is the only Michael Jackson song I genuinely enjoy, and for me it's the other way around. When I was a kid I preferred the Alien ant farm version because I thought it was less gay, but as an adult I find Michael Jackson's version way more hardcore. The singing is in a different realm than alien ant farm and actually conveys emotion, although I do enjoy the early 00s douchbag vibes from the latter.

is AAF /ourband/?
youtu.be/LJ2t4jfVTiU

>Smooth Criminal is the only Michael Jackson song I genuinely enjoy
Why's that?

AAF did have a good song on the Tony Hawk 3 soundtrack. I don't remember what the fuck it was, but at the time, I liked it.

I thought so too. This song isn't bad though. m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7qXHjxj_0

The best Jackson is when they just turned him loose and let him do what he wanted.

youtube.com/watch?v=hwihNQCTDIU

Uh, not a big fan of the man's work I guess. Beat it is alright. There may be some lesser known songs that I would enjoy, but among his best known tracks it's Smooth Criminal or nothing.

I just listened to both, it's a tough call.

Alien Ant Farm's version has more fun memories attached to it, but that 80's feel of MJ's is amazing

Skip to 40 seconds in... Probably the best singer of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=m1lhhpYc4HE

Beat It and Billie Jean are probably the only two MJ songs I can listen to if they're on. Frankly I think the guy is overrated as fuck, but I'm 30 and my early memories of his videos are Black and White and the one where he's in front of Giza or something. I was too busy listening to mainstream wigger shit and faggy pre-britney spears 90s pop.

Ace of Base for the fucking win, user!

I was really surprised to hear that AAF was actually a nu metal band

It's called Wish

Movies
These days
Summer

Anyone sounds better when they're acapella'ing with themselves. That said, this is definitely a good song.

Fair enough, you should check out the HIStory album though if you like smooth criminal

op sounds more like
>be underage fag
>hear aaf version first and think it's great
>later real people tell me that it's just a fake rip off
>i pretend to have known and say 'yea it's really cheap'
>later when noone cares anymore i can finally come out of the closet again and admit i was a faggot all along

Thank you, based user...

Still pretty good. Either that or the memories of doing ollies over bums (it was a different time) as Darth Maul is too great to not love it.

Dude, the semester I had to take classes at the main campus I was disappointed that I couldn't just blast The Sign and All That She Wants in the open anymore for fear of being labeled a pussy.

>mfw this in the related videos

youtu.be/x8FiTSgP7ig?t=46s

wew fucking lad

>tfw Michael Jackson died 8 years already

>mfw these tracks are like the reverse of my childhood spent downloading instrumentals and rapping with my friends over top of them like a bunch of wannabe faggots

...the years like grains of sand in the wind...

its pretty good numetal desu

I'm 25 and I unironically thought this when AAF's version came out, then when I was a little older I heard MJ's song and loved it. I like both, even though MJ's original had more depth and emotion I guess. AAF were a generic copy-paste rock band at the time.

>you can legally have sex with jackon's daughter

I like his voice, too bad they sucked after their self title

think he was in opera or something

>implying she's biologically his

I like finding vocal only tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=t59YTkfHWf0

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=lWRlP9PCBpI

Wow... these guys are horrible

Favorite Slipknot song

youtube.com/watch?v=nB3H8xKgJhY

Angsty sexless late teens spent a lot of time listening to that and APC.

youtube.com/watch?v=CWRDZwV8jGE

What does time feel like?

step aside faggots, best song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=tKAh--ss1r0

Had to laugh at their MTV Cribs appearance - They were living in a share house and the housemates weren't even aware MTV was coming.

What's the best Michael Jackson concert film?

mine would have to be wait and bleed 2bh
kinda miss those days

Smooth Criminal was a terrible song, Movies was too. But the album has some genuinely decent tracks.

At least far as I remember.

And right. WCD is dead. Fuck.

>favourite Slipknot song isn't Liberate or Only (sic)
come one fellas

>not eyeless or surfacing
come on user

get on apollo then

>All these edgy middle-class teens listening to Slipknot
>None of them mention Disasterpiece

Do you even into /butmoooom/?

Live in Yokohama from 1987. 1st leg of his Bad tour where he has tons of energy and his voice is still on point. If there were better versions from Tokyo then that would be it. Dangerous from Bucharest is pretty great too, but he lipsyncs too much for me during this time but his dancing is still great and the final man in the mirror performance is amazing. Granted the Bucharest footage has several shots taken from other concert locations, its still great. His history shows are not worth watching, except for his dancing which he does some cool stuff. This is It is great in that it shows him in his element working to make a great show.

If only the stupid Estate would release remastered footage of his live shows, then we could get proper footage from his other tours like Victory, Triumph and destiny. I'd kill for a remastered Tokyo 1987.

His wembly show from 88 is pretty good too.

OPBP

best AAF song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=k0R-wj6NLU4

I like this version better :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=VG9VhC0hiTg

smooth criminal has the best music video of ALL TIME

Thriller is better

The Way You Make Me Feel and Dirty Diana are GOAT.

>My friends face when he goes into autistic rage when Dirty Diana plays because his ex who cheated on him was named Diana

MJ was second to none.

He really was a fucking alien

God bless Joe Jackson for beating the ever loving fuck out of him until he became the greatest performer in history. God bless baby Michael too.

2000's were a good year.

The Jackson family is so shitty, especially the dad.

More like alien PANT farm

>get on apollo then
I am on Apollo. I'm on all of them. Still miss it.

Billie Jean is his best song.

me too user

ur gay tho

youtube.com/watch?v=NR9ALPjrNVo

Except everyone not 10.

Can we all at least agree that Disturbed's Sound of Silence is hilariously retarded sounding

>tfw you'll never dance like that but still appreciate the majesty even though you're jelly

>burning a CD

the fuck

nigga just get an MP3 player

the mid 90's to early 2000's is over and I have nothing to show for it.

GTFO 2bh

>:29

The fucking mad man

What the fuck about Billie Jean, his only GREAT song?