Is this worth watching?

Is this worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

aboveaverage.com/i-got-this-8-99-choker-from-forever-21-and-now-i-cant-stop-doing-anal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

duh

Theatrical version is somewhat ok. Director's cut is pure kino

maybe

pure kino, what are you waiting for

This

One of the best movies ever

Ignore the fucking pedos. Its an amazing film but make sure to watch the uncensored/extended edition. For some retarded reason they removed 3 of the most important scenes in the film for the theatrical cut

Young Ted Cruz?

Gary Oldman's best role

uncensored?

Absolute kino

It's cunnykino like lolita

High-tier and worth it. Every character except Leon is believable as fuck.

it's 10/10
ignore the pedoshit

>Reno and Portman had never rehearsed this scene and the first take was the one that made it into the film. This was done on purpose by Besson who wanted to capture Reno's expression of disgust/reluctance for this very controversial scene.
>Reno made sure to portray Leon in such a way that no one would believe he had the slightest sexual attraction towards Mathilda

Anyone who says this film isn't kino is dead wrong. Why can't directors pay artenrion to detail like this anymore?

woah, I didn't know about that

Prime Portman, what do you think?
Arguably Gary Oldman's best role, i'd say yeah 100%

is it weird that I can hear their voices? Leons accent and everything

>tfw watched this thing years ago (theatrical version) and always thought Leon was stupid like "haha why the fuck would anyone sleep while sitting is he supposed to be super edgy?"
>ff few years gf makes me watch it again bc its one of her favorite films
>directors cut
>see the part where he explains why he only sleeps on chairs

The fucking feels man, why the fuck did they remove that scene from the theatrical? It raised the score from 2.5 stars to 5 for me

A lot of girls like this film

their relationship not being fully explained brings the movie way down because Leon really isn't an interesting or believable character

I guess it was too racy or some shit? when in reality it sheds light on his character's intentions dealing with a very naive and or hormonal little girl

>The original script was much more sexualized. With one scene involving Leon walking on Mathilda while she's showering. Portman's parents demanded the script be toned down or her daughter would not act. They also specified on her contract that not only was Portman not allowed to even touch a real cigarrette but her character was required to quit smoking altogether at some point, so Besson added the scene where Leon scolds Mathilda for smoking
>everyone on set except Portman were very uncomfortable while filming the scenes wih sexual undertones. Portman would later say in a documentary about her acting career that the film took a heavy toll on her mind once she grew up and understood the sexual undertones of her character.

Also this film would have never happened if Bruce Willis didnt have a schedule conflict for The 5th element, and we would have probably gotten a more fleshed out version of T5E instead.

is the extended cut the director's cut?

there's a popular misconception that the 133 minute version is the original cut of the film released in europe and the 110 minute version was cut for US release to eliminate scenes of child sexuality.

in reality the 110 minute version is the original cut released worldwide in 1994. the 133 minute version came out in france in 1996 and then in the US in 2000. American audiences just assumed that they were finally seeing the real movie because of the sexual nature of some of the cut scenes.

i've always preferred the 110 minute version. the longer cut loses sight of stansfield and ruins the mystery of the leon character by revealing his backstory.

Absolutely. It was a pretty dumb move considering those scenes weren't even THAT controversial except for the one where they have a sex talk.

Was the scene where he tries to kill her in her sleep included in the theatrical version?

Thank you, Bruce Willis, for everything. Now I'm just imagining how different the world would be if his schedule was fine.

Yeah theyre the same thing. Thankfully this isnt some Blade Runner scenario where theres like 10 fucking DCs. Just make sure its the 133 minutes version. Theatrical cut was 110.

I mean everybody has their opinions but this is like saying you preffer your Sub to be bread+meat alone instead of including the salad, sauces, cheese and extra bacon. The extended cut develops the main characters much more.

Honestly don't rate this film..

>Was the scene where he tries to kill her in her sleep included in the theatrical version?

yes

Anyone else likes to call this movie "Leon" instead of "the professional"? Leon sounds much more powerful

Leon the Professional

I've had arguments about this, but this is what it actually is

>tfw live in tacoland and the spanish name for this movie translates to THE PERFECT ASSASSIN

Who the fuck decides these changes? They also called John Wick "ANOTHER DAY TO KILL" and nobody understood the "tie turns into a wick" reference

Leon sounds better, but I say both

I also call it Leon the Professional. Good to see that other anons had the same arguments/debates about this.

John Wick is called "BACK IN THE GAME" in huehuebr

I honestly wish that some relevant film institute would make a revised "best films of all time" list with no nostalgia goggles. Just rate a film objectively for how its made instead of shit like "influence and impact". I'd easily put this on a top 100 best film list, but of course all the critics exclude it because its from the 90s and they would rather have the grapes of wrath, the wizard of oz and gone with the wind

maybe in 8 years or by a non-american institute that won't politicize everything for women and minorities

Pure kino, not just pseudo-pedo kino.

Don't ever watch it with others because you will both feel obligated to laugh at the child-love scenes. This is literally the last good movie Besson ever made.

They ruined the mystery of Leon's story and bolstered the connection between Leon and Mathilda. It strengthened the main theme of the movie which was 'pure' love.

Nah thats just you being a pedo

Worth buying for my little sister?

wearing a choker is like wearing a black belt in sucking cock. if you're cool with your little sister presenting herself like that then sure.

Dubs confirms wisdom in this user's words

buy her a toothbrush and brush her tooth user

That's you being a pedo. The movie doesn't ever cross the line.

>everyone on set except Portman were very uncomfortable

Word. A choker is shorthand for: ''I sure love this piece of fabric around my neck but I'd love if it were your hands instead.''

Going around with a foot long erection in public is uncomfortable.

this

watch alone, its awkward jacking it in a room full of people... to the frog of course.

I know a girl who is obsessed with this. Like all her profile pictures and things are from the film and she has the word Mathilda tattooed to her.

Is this a huge red flag? Never seen the movie myself

>tfw he died in 911

She just has an older lover fetish.

I want to refute this, I want to call it a generalisation but my one experience with a girl who wore chokers was:
>Absolutely loved Leon, pretty sure she wore chokers and bomber jackets because of the movie
>Major daddy issues
>History of dating older men
>Couldn't get off without me choking the shit out of her
>110% effort when it game to the head game

She was a sweet girl, actually.

why does he do it? i never saw this cut

DAHNALD

How old was Portman in this?
I want to know if I am a pedophile or not.

I am a pedo then

Pedos are into kids 10 and younger, actually. Hebephiles like girls 11-14.

My 2nd favorite film desu

Whats your favorite?

Lost in Translation. I know it's a bit of a meme, but that atmosphere, that photography, that soundtrack, idk, I watch it once or twice a year, it makes me feel home

Its probably the comfiest movie that I've seen.

It's not only about comfyness, otherwise it would be on par with Enemy at the gates, anythign Miyazaki, The King's Speech or anything like that. It just resonates with me on such a deep level, I mean, I have a loving family, a few good friends, a gf I've been with for 6 years and love so much, but still, sometimes I feel a particular kind of loneliness which I can't describe, and I think that film is the perfect visualization of it

aboveaverage.com/i-got-this-8-99-choker-from-forever-21-and-now-i-cant-stop-doing-anal/

Given the times we live in, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a legit article