Alright, let's settle this once and for all: is this a good movie? Please only use logical...

Alright, let's settle this once and for all: is this a good movie? Please only use logical, rational arguments to argue yes or no. "I found it boring" and other emotional arguments have no place in the discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-sZzYX4Jl4
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71257423/#71258952
youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ultimate Cut is a decent movie and better than many many other stuff in the capeshit genre.
Theatrical Cut is not.

Yes, Snyder's grasp of visual characterization and storytelling places his works far above the glorified television shows that are Marvel films

youtube.com/watch?v=L-sZzYX4Jl4

It's an okay movie. It's not the best and certainly not the worst.

The media seems to have a hate boner for this movie. They literally twisted Affleck's words.

It is a good movie. It is well shot and choreographed. The characters have thought out arcs that complement and contrast with each other. The scenes are well placed and often are directly related in some fashion to the scenes directly proceeding and succeeding them. The actors do a good job of conveying how characters are feeling.

Best capeshit since Spiderman 2 tbqh

It's shit

I did not see it, simply because the trailers made it look like it had too much going on for the second film of a franchise. I have not found any reason to actually watch it.

no. Having Batman fighting Superman was a shitty gimmick to start with, and the way it was justified with Wayne having a bad dream is shit-tier, as is how easily it was resolved with muh Martha
it also instantly devolved into yet another "big giant monster wants to destroy the city" finale, Wonderwoman was fucking useless and came out of nowhere, and Eisenburg's Luthor was atrocious

It was alright up until the last 40 minutes, then it turned into a generic cgi shitfest like all capeshit films do

The cinematography is dull
The choreography and other action sequences were good
The costumes and set pieces were good
The locations were lacking but decent, everything felt small.
The dialogue, plot and theme were all decent

Honestly it felt like I was watching Eraserhead mixed with Sucker Punch. I wanted to walk out the first time I saw it. Second time tho, I loved it.

I also sometimes think Marvel fans might be autistic. Like, i argued with one about why he didn't like it and everything he could gather was super autistic shit like 'I don't like batman being bad'. Also, case in point Sup Forums and part of this board

Motherfucker sounds like a child

I could understand not wanting Batman to kill though, it's his one rule.

Do you have OCD? What kind of faggy requirement is that lol?

Don't even remember the first one

>Ultimate Cut

Lex is still garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

It was shit

you made the right choice.

No. The story is a mess. The Africa sub-plot is contrived and unnecessary. The "Martha" twist is laughable. The sudden introduction of Doomsday was "oh-and-now-this-happens" as fuck. Why is Bruce Wayne in a Jeep Renegade? I see what they were going for with Lex but they did not pull it off even a little bit. "ding ding ding". that jaded wink-and-a-knod to the audience when they said the are was abandoned at the end. Heavy handed Jesus imagery. Why does Lois throw the spear into the water just to turn around and go grab it again? Why was Lois even there at the end? When Bruce Waynes parents get killed that shot of the pearl necklace snagged behind the hammer of the pistol is a contrived bit of I'M DOING CINEMATOGRAPHY!! The Flash cameo was fucking retarded and was just a shoehorned in piece of franchise building that had no relevance to the story. All the justice legue videos were bad. Is Aquaman slowly floating out of a hole and stabing at the camera supposed to look badass or something? Why is Zod Doomsday? What was the point of the entire congressional subplot? They just get blown up and Lex gets the Kryptonite anyway.

I've read comics for quite a while before this movie came out. I saw the Dark Knight Returns -style power armor, I saw Doomsday from Death of Superman, and I decided that this was not going to have any payoff.

Literally a manchild.

I always had this image of Batman as well a scary bat. I mean I'm pretty sure his creator inspired in Dracula or Nosferatu. If I ever encountered some asshole dressed as a huge bat at night I'd shit my pants. Not see him as a hero figure lol.

Batman v Superman is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Man of Steel, Snyder's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as Eisenberg's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of capekino. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Snyder is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to greenscreen rooms in search of a better shot, the American counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

>I mean I'm pretty sure his creator inspired in Dracula or Nosferatu
Maybe you should actually look things up instead of talking out of your ass? Batman's design is based on a combination of Zorro, the Shadow and that flying thingamabob Leonardo da Vinci designed to look like a bat.

no. it's bad. drop it.

How much is The Mouse paying you?

Sorry i dont need ensemble films to have multiple films prior to them "establishing" every character. Motivations in this film were very clear. The comics lore is irrelevant, this is not an specific adaptation of any of them. Agreed about the cgifest at the end though, that was disappointing.

Couldn't you even come up with an original pasta?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71257423/#71258952

>Motivations in this film were very clear

lmao

5 decent movies a year.

it sucked because wonder woman didn't get slimed

fucking savage

Fucking savage.

>story
Nothing unique but decent enough. Could have had a solid movie with it.

>plot
A complete mess. Pacing?What's that? Jumping around every 5 minutes for the first half an hour. Editing is completely shot. We go from one area to the next with little to no transition at times. Theatrical is filled with plot holes.

>characters
Superman's motives don't matter, Lex forces him to fight Batman. Batman's motives don't matter, Superman's mother shares his mother's name. No arcs for any characters.
>B-batman had an arc!
Did he? He killed thugs right after the martha twist, so that wasn't it. You could say he had an arc at the very end of the movie, but offscreen doesn't count.

Lex is probably one of the worst acted characters in a blockbuster this entire year.

>cinematography
Would be decent if Snyder didn't shove Jesus imagery down your throat every 5 seconds.

>score
Decent. Nothing memorable or great. Wonder Woman's theme is cheesy.

>action
Decent. Actual fight vs. the two heroes is pretty dull and short for the hour+ build up. Very underwhelming. Warehouse scene is the best fight without question. It was great.

Overall this movie is pretty bad and I'd recommend just watching all the action scenes then moving on.

>It sucked because Wonder Woman

fixed it for ya.

>wahhh it isn't like the MCU
>stop having your own directorial vision! Just do everything generic!

The film would've been better if it was just a batman vs superman movie. The shitty emails, forced Wonder Woman, and dumb cgi monster was completely unnecessary. I don't see how anyone could defend those things. I guess WB wasn't capable of making of a 2 hr batman vs superman movie, so they had to force all that garbage in. The film is a 6/10 at best

He said much more than that.

Also, DC's entire goal is to copy the MCU.

>this comment which doesn't even mention disney properties nor compare the film in question to disney properties must be working for disney as a means of covering the fact that this movie is ackshually a work of genius and you're just too stupid to get it
yes i'm a little mad

> I don't see how anyone could defend those things
Marvel's got a head start, gotta go fast!

Let's change all the character names and pretend like BvS isn't a comic book movie at all.

It's strictly it's own blockbuster movie not based off anything.

Instead of Bruce/Batman it's a generic rich guy, named Dave who dresses up in bullet proof armour at night and kills people for committing crimes and is known around his city as "The Dark Killer", and instead of Clark/Superman it's just an average joe named Ben that is secretly an alien that can fly and not get hurt.

Now that it's completely separated from comic books or any existing property, would people still defend this movie? Seriously, imagine, if you will for a moment, how much shittier Batman v Superman would be if the characters weren't from DC comics? It would have killed Henry Cavills career, Ben Affleck wouldn't of even agreed to do it in the first place.

wew. Only this guy came close to an elaborate critique that isn't nitpicking or not muh autistic requirements

Have you ever heard of Tinder? It's great, for both sexes too if you're homosex

about as good as other capeshit, better than many of them

the problem is that it is like the MCU, only they took the worst elements (force ensemble casts, unnecessary doomsday scenario endings, shitty unmemorable villains) and left out things that every movie should have (believable motivations and interesting characters)

MCU is generic, soulless, studio-assembled but competent
DC is generic, soulless and studio-assembled and that's it.
The title of the movie says it all. Batman vs. Superman. A cheap gimmick that will sell tickets but serves no purpose as far as fleshing out the setting or explaining the characters. Even if Snyder had some interest in telling a unique and interesting story about Superman as Jesus or whatever, I can guarantee you having to shoehorn Batman and Wonderwoman into the film was something he didn't want and set him back endlessly but was necessary because of muh studio research

It's extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

>only this guy who posted pasta used valid critique! the rest of you guys are nitpicking!
Not an argument.

>wouldn't of
You should of kill yourself

>arguments I don't like are arbitrarily nitpicking and therefore don't count
still, given the fact that you cited an ancient copypasta that was pointed out as such as a genuine post with good points is basically proof positive that you aren't the smartest one out there

The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.

It's honestly a missed opportunity. Why didnt Snyder release the UC on theaters in the first place? It makes much more sense with those extra 30 minutes and probably wouldve been received a bit better. Now when most people, not DC or capeshit nerds, talk about this movie theyll refer to the Theatrical Cut and whenever it's shown in tv or streamed it will be this messy version. It's a really bad situation and i dont think they've learned from it. Heavy studio inteference is never good.

The fact that Batman V Superman was attempting some ambitious things with the characters and posing questions about what we assume about their nature does not redeem it as a film. Why? Because nearly every opportunity to do something interesting with the characters is wasted.

Case in point: Superman goes to a hearing to explain himself and rather than actually giving the audience a chance to hear what he had to say - which probably would have been really interesting - an explosion happens and the scene ends. Rather than spending more time with Superman and Batman, we spend time setting up a brainless monster for them to fight at the end that has no impact on the story at all.

Wonder Women is lazily, haphazardly, and pointlessly shoehorned into the film for purely financial reasons and I defy anyone to argue otherwise. In the title fight, barely anything clever is utilized by the world's greatest detective and mostly they just punch each other and hit each other with sinks.

There's nothing brainy, deep, or deconstructive about Batman swinging Superman around with a rope or stabbing a completely one dimensional monster that has no dialogue - isn't even really a character so much as a plot point - with glowing green crystal spear.

This movie plays at having something deeper to say but it lacks any real substance, and it still contains all of the same silly shit Marvel movies have - glowing McGuffins, funny quips, endless explosion-filled fights - so I really don't know how anyone can pretend that it was just too smart for people. It was trying to do sixteen different things at once, and being 'smart' was relatively low on the list.

These will always make me laugh, it's impressive how redditors put more "thought" in this film and than Snyder, terrio, and goyer could ever dream of. All these essays are pretty worthless seeing as how bvs simply devolves into another generic blockbuster cgi destruction shitfest

Bump

If you want a concise breakdown of all the ways it sucked then look up a review on youtube.
Let the thread die

>batman dream vision sequence was unnecessary
This is what lost me during the movie. I mean I thought Flash was actually having a moment, but in the end nothing mattered to this specific sequence. Without it, I believe Batman still would have gone a bit dark, and did the shit he did.

The Batman dream scenes are the best part of the movie to me

It would be, if it had any actual relevance other than adding a few minutes.

If they made the Man of Steel sequel first, a Batman movie first and then did BvS Dawn of Justice: it would be good.

But instead they crammed so many stories into 3 hours that made it not good

Ben Affleck as Batman is one of the greatest films in cinema ever

fpbp

I like to pretend the giant Bat dream scene is a reference to Batman Forever's giant bat. But for those who haven't seen Batman Forever, nor played the Injustice game I can understand them not understanding why these dream scenes are in the movie.

>hey batman listen, this guy is going to be the death of us all, i'm not fucking around, you have to stop him k thanks
>oh no, i must put a stop to him because a dream told me so even though i already had a vendetta against you?
>haha, the efforts of my plan to stop you have come to fruition- wait you have a mom who coincidentally shares the name of my late mother? i guess you're chill, everything up to this point that's made me hate you is gone now.

Suicide Squad is far more entertaining and re-watchable

>The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.

it's a good scene, it's spectacular and it has the function of exploring bruce degrading mental state, plus some foreshadowing. I think that scene adds a lot to the movie, it's weird that you fixate on it.

>Lex is still garbage.

it was an interesting lex and if you remove him from the movie, or insert a standard evil business man lex, the movie would be worse for it.

>The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.

yes but it's such a small sequence...

>Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

who, the, fuck, CARES? It's batman v superman not batman v superman and wonderwoman, for christ sake, are you fucking retarded?

eh.... I dunno about that. All the B parts of BvS are pretty good. Even the best parts of Suicide Squad are just mediocre.

It's too long, overstuffed, poorly edited and has a bad resolution of the central conflict. The action scenes are all great (other than Doomsday), they had the balls of having political themes and it's visually one of the movies of the year.

So all in all, hard to say. Maybe a low 6/10 for me. The over the top meme hate is starting to backlash which makes me happy though, I don't like cookie cutter paint by the numbers movies either

>Even the best parts of Suicide Squad are just mediocre.
Some of the Joker scenes have amazing cinematography and I love re-watching them even though they are so short

The end scene with Deadshot was great

Here is an exhaustive explanation of why it wasn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

I know the editing was shit. That doesn't stop me from enjoying all the actors and characters in it and I know what the original David Ayer cut was like anyway even though we will never see it.

BvS is not a good movie. It is the result of exec meddling that wanted to fast-track a cinematic universe in order to to make a competitor. Consider that Universal is doing the same with its monsters and Sony tried to do that with Spidermen and Ghostbusters. And Fox made Apocalypse for that same reason (and to be fair to Apocalypse, it wasn't all that bad)

BvS suffered form telling too many stories at once - it was trying to be a MoS 2, the Dark Knight Returns, the Death of Superman, Justice League Origins and Injustice when it could have left out two to three of those stories.

Man of Steel worked because it was one story. Watchmen worked because, even though it had side-stories, it had one main story it wanted to tell.

BvS had too many. And too much of it felt rushed - the Justice league teasers felt out of place and lacked gravitas: why should I care about one man, underwater, throwing a trident at the camera? Yes, I know he's Aquaman, but if I was a normie, would I care?

going to preface this by saying not the guy you're replying to but still
>it's a good scene, it's spectacular and it has the function of exploring bruce degrading mental state, plus some foreshadowing. I think that scene adds a lot to the movie, it's weird that you fixate on it.
i disagree, but i'm not fixated on it, i just think it's kind of stupid and serves to address the points i'm going to be making
it was an interesting lex and if you remove him from the movie, or insert a standard evil business man lex, the movie would be worse for it.
oh see now you've got me mad because lex luthor is fucking unwatchable in this movie. if the goal of the team behind this movie was to make watching every single scene he was in as uncomfortable as attending a pony convention, they hit the fucking bullseye because i wanted all of my senses to just cease every time he showed up. you don't get points for going out of your way to be different. no one likes the faggot who's prancing around saying "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT." you wouldn't call a tumblrina "bold" and "interesting" for adopting one of their thousand make-believe genders and i refuse to call lex luthor interesting because he's "not just a standard business man."

>yes but it's such a small sequence...
but it belies a bigger issue with the movie. before anyone goes calling me a marvel or disney shill, this is a problem with those movies too. it completely lacks substance and only serves to be a trailer for the justice league movie. that's it. it's the same shit as all the after credits scenes in all the marvel movies, they just stuck it in in the middle like an ad you have to watch in a youtube video. it's completely out of place and unapologetically blatant in showcasing the movie for what it really is. a product. it is just a means of selling tickets and getting people's asses in seats for future ticket selling endeavors and so on, and so on.

Ok well if you liked that's fine. I don't think you can honestly say though that any of it was better than the Batman warehouse fight.

How tall was that builfing?
It's like he threw himself off a mountain, or a sky scraper.

Honestly i think it's a good movie, but in saying that it should never have been made.

It honestly felt like a rush to compete with Avengers and it suffered because of that. I can clearly see 4 different movies worth of plot materials jammed up in the film that SHOULD have been used to make 4 different movies to better establish the story.

the other big problem is that people are used to how Marvel makes movies which is the accepted standard and has been shown to work. DC wanted to take a different direction from marvel, they wanted to be Unique and took it to far. It feels darker and more mature and personally i like that the Capes are trying to justify their existence. Batman forcing compliance and Superman trying to inspire harmony and both failing and feeling shit about it, Civil war never actually answered the questions they asked, whereas Batman was shown the consequences of his actions and changed them and Superman's death vindicated his beliefs.

the editing was crappy, the plot was awkward and as much as i loved wonder woman it felt like she was jammed in their to show up marvel as in to say "WE HAVE A FEMALE SUPERHERO B4 YOU DO".

it looks amazing whilst doing it though being visually speaking on of the best movies this year, and Ben Afflecks is a really really good batman that "tell me, do you bleed?....You will" was awesome and you are lying if you say otherwise, in one fucking line he is reminding him that he is an alien, threatening him and showing off his balls by talking shit to the guy who's last big fight trashed a city.

tl;dr it's good, not great, better then most marvel stuff

The ultimate cut is snyders cut. Dumbass execs released the theatrical cut to squeeze in a few more showings on opening weekend.

marvel is by no means subtle about this either. but at the very least, they save their stupid "watch our next movie too" shit for after the movie is done most of the time. except iron man 2 which basically prodded the audience with "hey the avengers thing is coming up" constantly, and no one likes iron man 2. it is a very small scene, but it does so much in taking the audience out of the movie because it feels so damn artificial. again, it's like a damn youtube ad, it's as if a team of marketers got together and said "hey, audience retention rates are way low, we can't risk people leaving before they see the ads for the next movie, stick it somewhere in the middle instead of at the end where it might feel more organic as batman is talking to wonder woman about assembling a team, and him being the world's greatest detective with an interest in such a team would have more reason to have this information than lex luthor." the flash scene falls into this too, since the "foreshadowing" as some put it feels, again, like an advertisement.

>who, the, fuck, CARES? It's batman v superman not batman v superman and wonderwoman, for christ sake, are you fucking retarded?
mostly see my previous point for this. it's just wb saying "hey, watch out for this wonder woman movie coming up even though she doesn't really have a reason to be here right now and kind of breaks the final fight when you think about it for more than 2 seconds."

The main conflict of the film is half-assedly resolved in a big hurry so that they can fight a villain that didn't show up until the last twenty minutes and has no dialogue or personality whatsoever.

Batman has nothing to do for 75% of the Doomsday fight other than run away.

Wonder Woman had no business being there, completely tonally inconsistent with the rest of the film. Also it would have been great if they had cast an actress rather than a supermodel.

They throw the death of Superman arc in at the last minute without building up to it or earning it in any way. None of the members of the JL even know him apart from Batman who just met him and half of the population hated him so basically the only person effected in any way is Lois Lane.

I could go on.

Gal Gadot is also a former soldier, which was one of the main reasons why she was cast, not just because she is hot

doesn't matter.

terrible casting. see

Not the worst movie of all time but certainly the frontrunner for the title of MOST DISAPPOINTING MOVIE EVER.

A disaster of epic proportions.

Pretty decent. Best action scenes in any capeshit probably and Batfleck was great.

Batman v Superman is so bad DC may have tanked their entire cinematic universe already.

You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Wonder Woman and JL might flop. Batman v Superman's gross was frontloaded as fuck and dropped HARD, only meeting the absolute bare minimum of box office expectations. It was entirely sold on hype and goodwill from fans, and the movie was complete shit, and everyone knows it. Everyone saw that Sad Affleck meme video, and the cultural consensus is, by and large, that BvS sucked. Is anyone really excited for Wonder Woman? Even fucking Justice League? Do normies know that movie is coming out? They're already a billion in the hole for this franchise, and it's not taking off like they hoped it would.

She was cast because she's from Israel. That is the reason why she was chosen instead of some actress that is both pretty and good at acting. She knows this too, that's why she didn't even bother to put much effort into training for her role.

>You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Wonder Woman and JL might flop

This pasta is outdated now, since Suicide Squad humiliated Dr Strange just a few months later

Snyder not only ruined the movies he directed, but also already hurt future DCEU movies which cannot ignore Snyder's storylines and characterizations. The entire foundation the DCEU is built on, created by Snyder, is fucked, and because of that filmmakers of future DCEU movies will have their work cut out for them.

Ayer ruined the Joker, that's why we haven't heard anything about him showing up in Affleck's Batman, Affleck is clearly avoiding using Joker despite people hoping to see the stuff BvS hinted at with Robin's suit, because of how badly Leto's Joker was received.

Otherwise we would have found out almost immediately that he will be in it, certainly before we found out about Deathstroke.

>This pasta is outdated now, since Suicide Squad humiliated Dr Strange just a few months later
I love this meme. A nobody vs. Harley, Joker and Will Smith being beat by 90m.

How about Deadpool vs. Suicide Squad?

D-Deadpool had X-Men in his movie!

TRIPS justify this post, it checks out

BvS still under-performed and didn't meet its one billion expectation. I can grant you Suicide Squad did well, but its competition, Dr. Strange, is a literal who - few normies knew the superhero until now.

I do hope Wonder Woman and JL will do well, but I'm not going to pretend that BvS was kino or that Suicide Squad outdid Dr. Strange - in fact, people expected Suicide Squad to do better (and Marvel expected Dr. Strange to do a bit worse)

It barely beat it because of the Hot Topic crowd.

90 millions more without China? Benedict Cumberbatch, Mads Mikkelsen and Tilda Swinton are nobodies now?

wew lad

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

>Benedict Cumberbatch, Mads Mikkelsen and Tilda Swinton are nobodies now
Yes. Those are nobodies. Walk around the street and ask people who they are.

Well, Mads """might""" be somewhat known now because of Rogue One.

Comparing any of them to Will Smith. Top kek.

holy shit dude you are delusional hahahahahah

Dude if you're not a professional shill seek medical help as soon as possible

No. You are. Cumberbatch is the only one known at all, and that's pretty much just Britain that knows about him.

Walk down the street and bring them up, nobody will know who they are.

samefag

>Walk around the street and ask people who they are.
The average person on the street is a retard why would I care about that

Yeah, only the people who dwell in basements have intellectual opinions on matters.

They are respected actors but neither has been the main star of huge franchises. They don't have much box office power.

Isn't that the fucking point? They're the ones buying tickets retard. You can't claim star power when nobody knows who they are.