I deserve 11,000 dollars because I served a celebrity expensive food and drink

>I deserve 11,000 dollars because I served a celebrity expensive food and drink

the whole concept of tip is retarded and should be banned.

She's actually saying 11,000 was nowhere near enough if you knew how to use math, you Americucks and your tipping culture are embarrassing

I'm sure this bitch looks away when she sees a homeless person, yet look at her whining for fucking 11 grand saying it's not much.
Truly the scum of the society.

20%? i thought the standard was more liker 15

if you expect more than a 10% tip literally off yourself, find a better job, or quit bitching because you still likely make more than i do
that being said jay-z is like a gay kanye so i don't care if he gets bad publicity

If this were YouTube, I would have to sign into 4 different accounts just to thumbs this up. So here’s (you) and (this!)

>be american
>expect 20% tip

That'll be $6,999 + tip user

>brings out one 50k bottle
lol

Most of that amount is in that one 50k bottle too.
Why would they make tens of thousands more just because they brought one single bottle to the table?
Even if it was a 6ft bottle and they brought it with a cart, is 10k a reasonable price for that service?

And how is not tipping the full amount less ok when it's a giant tip?
They're still making 11k with one table.
Isn't it worse when one doesn't tip the full amount on a small tip (since they'd be making pocket change)?

Nothing about this makes sense.
Except of course the server thinking "man, I made 11k with a single table but I could've made more, so I'm gonna whine about it online".

>I don't tip

>tipping in countries where they get a fair wage and there's no tipping culture
Nope

am*rica, everybody

Tipping is a purely american concept that's as retarded as their denial of the metric system

I got a $20 tip delivering pizza once and I was pretty happy with it

Fucking nice post

I'm not an Ameribro so I don't understand what happened here. The tab is 80k + 11k tip making a total of 91k. Did Jay-Z tip the waiter that much or not? Are you actually obligated to do that? I always tip but I never estimate the 20%, if I order shit for 30$ I just leave 4-5$.

The point is, 11k is less than 20% of 80k, she's complaining he didn't tip enough

He did tip that, but they're saying it's not enough and should have tipped 20% of $80k, which is about $16k.

Holy shit I first thought she meant she expected 11k, she got that and wanted even more.

She didn't get anything, she just posted her dumbass opinion on an article that talks about Jay Z tipping 11k

Since its on CC he should revoke the 11k tip because publically humiliating the customer is bad service.

She is not the server, she was a server once near a trap house, where she got fingerbanged for chump change, it's some irrelevant entitled bitch.

But the receipt still comes from somewhere, no?
Who posted it online?
Was it Jay Z bragging or was it the server complaining (or something else)?

>tipping
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dear americucks
you're so adorable

went to america and expected service would actually be good due to tipping culture, was dissapointed

protop: service average to mediocre

Well, the number she gave is like 12% or something.

i'm traveling around europe at the moment and was told that it's a good idea to tip in sweden

why would i tip when the prices of food are ridiculously high for what i get?

Tipping in Sweden? Why would you do that?
t. Swede

I have no idea, the person who I was with is Swedish and I couldn't understand the justification of it.

>make 11k in one fucking night
>still complaining

We don't have any tipping culture in Sweden, don't know what the fuck that nut was talking aboutl.

>tipping fetish
>gun fetish
>black penish fetish
>clapping fetish

am I missing something?

I'd break a bottle in her head if I was Jay-Z.

maybe I was being trolled

Wait, they add the tip to the tally?

>tfw really hungry because I haven't had a meal in a few days and need to eat some food but have to get delivery
>have to limit how much food I get because I'm low on money and have to factor in a tip
I hate the world right now

the entitlement is strong with this one

She’s probably gonna blow it all on street heroin and od anyway

She's complaining about the article that she linked, she wasn't given 11k at all, or even involved in the story. She's still dumb but holy shit learn to read.

me too
literally the best feeling as a driver

One time I tipped a pizza guy (at the counter, it was pick up) change up to the nearest dollar and he actually looked at it and said "is this it ?" I politely said "oh, sorry about that man, let me fix that" and took the change back into my pocket. I absolutely refuse to tip now unless the server is actually doing their job well (which tends to happen a lot now, but maybe I'm just better at small talk).

>One time I tipped a pizza guy (at the counter, it was pick up)
>at the counter
>tip
things that literally never happened

>he actually looked at it and said "is this it ?" I politely said "oh, sorry about that man, let me fix that" and took the change back into my pocket

Lotta niggers in this thread. Blacks never tip.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the people who complain about tipping are either neets who have never worked a day in their lives or trust fund babies.

That's not even the most ridiculous pizza story. I've literally paid for ~30 dollars of pizza in pennies before. I gave him 6 cents short, too.

Humans deserved to die out long ago.

>work in kitchen
>front of house is always full of retards aside from one or two social butterfly Latino metrosexuals
>they do less work and get paid twice as much by virtue of being front of house
>they complain to kitchen staff about not getting paid enough while getting paid twice as much as kitchen staff
They can all burn. I have zero sympathy for front of house and register jockeys.

American as in the continent? Otherwise you're fucking wrong. Literally the whole continent, from Canada to Argentina and Chile, leave tips to waiters.

They are catching up financially after centuries of discrimination. Average black person will have less financial resources compared to average white. I'm completely fine with them not tipping, as it's not really their fault. I'm sure they'll start tipping when it's all finally evened out.

>tripfag

It might have originated in America for all I know, but people are expected to tip in nicer restaurants in Eastern Europe, and I don't think it's any different in Western Europe.

TripGods > Anonymous cowards

>being such an attention seeking cuck that you use a trip

You might be stupid but you get asked to tip people for everything, not just food delivery

>getting cucked so hard by FRIENDO that you use any post of his as an excuse to call him names

Your employer owes you money, not everyone else, Jesus Christ, get a real job if you want money so badly

>tipping more than 10%
lmaooooooooooooooooo

just dont tip? if youre literally too broke to tip you just really shouldnt tip whatcha think bucko

No, it's
>calculating the tip via percentage of the cost of the meal
my nigga, just leave a few bucks there, more if you liked the service

I agree

>get shot
>if by luck you survive medical bill>your life savings

But people are too entitled to accept that as an excuse and actually say you shouldn't buy the food if you can't afford the tip, I just want to die

>just get a better job
Great advice from sheltered rich kid.

Fucking kill yourself, you disgust me.
Not him btw

lol why do you have to give a fuck?
just buy the food and dont tip i dont understand what the fuck the issue is. stop being such a fucking pussy

why the fuck people expect to get tipped? I barely tip delivery boys cause they're underpaid and have to pay for their own gas but any other category has a fixed salary, fuck off with your bullshit.

>anyone who's not a waiter is a sheltered rich kid.
el

I have tons of social anxiety, sorry, it's why I'm an adult who can't go outside in the first place and got fired from the job I put my whole life into

lmao chefcuck.

Maybe if you learned English you could be a register jockey someday too.

It is in fact the sheltered who can't get jobs that are always available where tips are unneeded because they think those jobs are beneath them, it's only the most sheltered and entitled people who think they deserve tips

>it's only the most sheltered and entitled people who think they deserve tips
Imagine being this deluded.

>it's a famous person doesn't tip well on purpose just to make people fight about tipping online episode

I see you, jay

>not having a tipping jar and diving everything evenly among the staff
fucking savages I swear to god

Sorry, I forgot that in America they actually don't pay employees and only give them tips. I don't know if any other countries do that, they don't do it here. But you have to remember its Americans who don't want that changed because the people who take advantage of the tipping system don't want to have their wage lowered even if it means everyone else gets more for the exact same work. And ultimately that is what it means to be an American.

Do you absolutely have to buy food at a place where you have to tip?
Why can't you just buy it at the supermarket or something (where it's also cheaper)?
Serious question.

Cause he'd have to leave his house/room. If stuff gets delivered to you you're expected to tip (which is just a moral rule, so who the fuck cares)

Anxiety. But I'm getting hungry enough and it's early enough outside that I might try to go out and get something and hopefully there won't be many people outside. There's no grocery stores near enough to walk to with this anxiety but there is a Subway so I'll just try to go there.

Is ordering food online and have it delivered like normal mail a possibility?
Check if grocery stores in your area offer that service, and see if they don't require tipping.

>and I don't think it's any different in Western Europe.
In western europe, tipping is purely a bonus. You are never expected to tip.

But blacks aren't the only ones who come from a long history of poverty.
Lots of immigrants come from poor countries and have less money than poor blacks, but they still adjust to the local culture and tip like everybody else.
Blacks coming from a bad situation is only a valid excuse if they're the only ones doing the thing they're being excused for, or if it's done by everyone else who's in a similar situation.
If they're the only/main ones doing something and there's other people in a similar or worse situation who don't do it, then their situation isn't the cause of them doing that something.

>the whole concept of tip is retarded

Well, it's an American thing after all

Freedom tax paid in child blood.

>sheltered rich kid
I work in a warehouse at minimum wage in a country far away from my parents. You're a fucking idiot. Your employer is the one that handles your wages, not to the person you're supposed to serve. That's how literally every job outside self employment works.

Argie dude here and we don't usually leave tip unless the service was fucking phenomenal. The wage is also different since waiters have a steady salary and tipping is just something extra in your overall monthly earnings, not your actual income.

unless the server literally sucks my dick I will never tip

its such a dumbass concept

I looked into that and have never been able to find something in this city that works but it's okay, I made it to the Subway and only had to stand at the counter for three minutes before the employee turned around and noticed me and I didn't have a panic attack so I'll say today was a success, thanks for the encouragement, I successfully avoided having to tip anyone

Good luck with your anxiety user.
Small steps and small improvements are the right way.
Keep doing things that are slightly uncomfortable (but not enough to be overwhelming) and in a year you'll be amazed at the progress.

t. I had anxiety myself and this helped a lot.

>O B S E S S E D

I feel like every time this gets brought up, somebody inevitably asks kitchen staff why they don't just work FoH instead if it's so easy, and the response is usually that they don't want to talk with customers all day long. That's a large contributing factor most of the time it seems. Yeah, you're gonna get some retards working FoH, and yeah, it seems fucked up that they might make more money than you, but customer service really is a skill.

if you live in a place where tips are the norm you should tip no matter what you think of the "concept". You always have a choice to not go to that establishment.

Good luck getting FoH over the squillion sorority girls and aforesaid token Latino.

>it's not much, he has a lot of money

How Americans believe tipping is required for any moral human being but taxes are illegal is something I can't understand

If you allowed yourself to get taxed, you wouldn't have to tip

What if I just don't tip and that's it.

Is this the America thread

Most people do tip but it's usually just up to the next round number and only if the server wasn't a cunt