Name a rapper with a 20+ years career who is still relevant

name a rapper with a 20+ years career who is still relevant

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/science-proves-pop-music-has-actually-gotten-worse-8173368/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kanye West

fred durst

Gay-Z

Nas

Dälek

his first album was in 2002. but, okay, he did the producer's work since mid 90s.
not relevant

2pac

Biggie

NWA

Wu-Tang

Eminem

2002 was 21 years ago

Lil Peep

pretty much all rap pre 2007 seems outdated by now

lmao dude le epin xd
not relevant
uhmm... maybe. but only because they're too niche. i'm asking about something more mainstream.

el-p

Juicy J is the only correct answer. He's the realest OG.

6ix9ine

all rap pre 2018 sounds outdated

>2pac
>Big
>NWA
>not relevant

by relevant i mean someone who released something remarkable in the couple last years

>JAY-Z
>Ice Cube
>2Pac and Biggie if they didn't die
>Eminem
>Snoop Dogg
>Will Smith
>Lil Wayne
it's all whiteboi babby's first hip hop shit but it's true

El-P

how is Jay not relevant. He literally had the most grammy nominations this year for his album,Story of OJ was a hit, and even in the past years he was huge. He is the only acceptable answer here. Kanye's debut was 2004, and before that he wasn't really relevant, not in a household name way.

no one listens to jay z. The only reason he is talked about at all is because he married beyonce.

All of Jay-Z's albums went platinum. Story of OJ has million views. All of his other songs from 444 have atleast a million views (even though they're these boring 10 minute documentaries, not actual songs). And him being married to Beyonce is making him relevant is like saying Kim made Kanye famous.

everything you posted just proves ops point

>Will Smith
As a rapper? You're fucking drunk

Masta Ace

ATCQ :^)

eminem is headlining every festival this year, very clearly relevant still (sadly). is this a thread about relevancy to you or?

Dr. Dre
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Wu Tang Clan

EL-P

>>Eminem
>relevant

Last decent thing he did was Relapse.
Ever since he's been a joke.

Dr. Dre

Public Enemy are literally timeless.

Jay Z

em is outdated.

Every rapper who came up in the gangsta, boom bap era is irrelevant.
All these fucking sound cloud clowns dont even like rap either.
You have them trying to imitate metal bands and marylin manson
When i was growing up rap was about wearing baggy pants and being a street nigga.
Now its filled with faggots with multicolored hair mumbling about xanax and being sad

you sound insufferable

underrated post.

you think i like this shit?
I fucking despise what has happend to music.
When i was a kid there was actual fucking variety.
Rock, metal, punk, pop, rap, country, electronic, r&b.
And now all mainstream music seems to be is rap. And its not how it used to be. Its faggots wearing skinny jeans, and theyre all named lil faggot and they all sound the same and all look the same and act the same.

damn. mane. i bet you in your mid to late 20s, but you're acting like an old man. don't do it.

dadrap

there's slug from atmosphere but they're kinda underground-ish so idk if i'd use "relevant"

modern music is objectively worse than it used to be.
Its science.

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/science-proves-pop-music-has-actually-gotten-worse-8173368/

Imagine growing up with 2pac, biggy, jay z, nas, kurt cobain, trent reznor, thom yorke, bjork, fiona apple, blur, oasis, Metallica, megadeth,

Oh wait, you cant. Because you have to grow up with flavor of the month lil faggot who will be replaced in 6 months by another lil faggot

You know how bad your music is son?
Its retroactively making people reconsider nu metal

>let's cherry pick those who stood the test of time
>wow music was way better back then!

Pharrell Williams and N.E.R.D by extension

>Imagine growing up with 2pac, biggy, jay z, nas, kurt cobain, trent reznor, thom yorke, bjork, fiona apple, blur, oasis, Metallica, megadeth
Oldfag here. Yeah, I grew up with this stuff, but I'm still here, on Sup Forums, discussing lil's and yung's. Nothing special about good ole' days.

no one cares that you are a manchild loser user

at least my mind isn't cemented in the past, famalam

at least i dont lie to myself that im being open minded and progressive by pretending to like corporate mediocrity

kill yourselves lol

Firstly, all of the acts you cited are more accessible than they ever were in the 90s thanks to the advent of the internet.

Secondly, the study that you linked only relates to changes in pop music. Furthermore, the trends that it discovered only apply to the last half century (since 1955), meaning that it's insufficient evidence if you intend to prove that music has gotten objectively worse in the past 20 years.

relevant doesn't mean good you fucking autist

According to Wikipedia, Kanye has been active since 1996.

Fuck my brain skimmed over the part where you already said that. Ignore my autism.

gucci mane

There is no answer and you now realize that Rap is not art but fashion/sports. Any medium where the creator can only degenrate as time moves forward is not art.

mf doom

fuck it's true

>eminem is not relevant
revival hit the charts for some time when it was released

>everyone naming shitty 90's rappers that are only relevant for their celebrity status and not any music they've made in the past decade

Just proves how shitty of a genre it is.

Nice job moving the goalpost

I really love Scott Pilgrim, I feel like a manchild because I followed the release of the comics as a teenager

I don't like him but Eminem is the only old rapper to achieve that status honestly, even if most of his new stuff is straight up horrific garbage and pop pandering. His streams are still extraordinarily high and he's the most successful man in music of the 21st century. Only Michael Jackson and Nirvana trump his backcatalog sales.

I don't think any of the black rappers can actually compete with him in a legacy sense

rap is music made to sound dated
All the brand name, car, shoe brand, name dropping
I bet there is a rap song about myspace out there somewhere.

The worst thing you can do when you are making art is make pop culture references or talk about materilistic things. Thats asking to be outdated in 10 years

Andre 3000 and Q-Tip

Justin Timberlake

mark e smith, the first mc

Aesop Rock
MF DOOM
Kool Keith (including Dr. Octagon)
Slug

all rap that isn't on the mixtape day69 seems outdated now

same. i still have them all.

i wish the move was split into 3 parts though. a lot of backstory was left out. Still such a good series though.

Hhahahahah holy fuck. Imagine being this stupid. You claim to be objective and backed by science by posting an irrelevant article stating trends in just pop music from the 1950s till now, and then you just arbitrarily extrapolate the mean that all music in the last 15-20 years has gotten worse. You also employ the worst selection bias ever, completely forgetting that there are literally thousands of shit groups from that time period that were absolute trash, but we only talk about the ones you listed because they were the good ones. You completely ignore artists from this era that are just as good as what you listed. Ever heard of Richard Dawson? Car seat headrest? Ariel Pink? Mount Eerie? Lcd Soundsystem? Danny Brown? Kendrick Lamar? No, of course you haven't, because your head is too far up your own ass to hear anything.

Why is it that rappers fall off around 10 years when rock bands can go on trying new things for decades?

>when rock bands can go on trying new things for decades
kek

Yeah but it’s trash so not relevant

Morrissey

At first I thought you were just memeing

Nigga how can can you
>Claim that music is continuously worse
>Post on Sup Forums or all places where more there's threads featuring way more interesting artists

You sound like the typical rural/suburban kid just dipping his toe in hip while still pulling the "oh I don't like rap cuz they swear and say the n-word a lot".

Danny Brown, Clipping., Kendrick, Run the Jewels, Joyner Lucas, Pusha-T and way more are all here while you're just not even fucking trying to press play.

And Cock-A-Fella Records.

A Tribe Called Quest

andre 3000

Anthony Kiedis