FIFTY POINTS

FIFTY POINTS

>Slytherin win fair and square by being the best in curricular and extra curricular activities
>This old bat gives 150 points to Gryffindor out his own ass for vague qualities and for doing something purely circumstantial this just happened to arise in front of Harry and co
That old fuck must have had dementia or something cause he was fuckign retarded sometimes

Yes yes well done, Slytherin, well done Slytherin, HOWEVER - there are some last minute issues we need to take into account.well, actually there's only one issue, and that's that Slytherin house is a part of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Oh look an user with no common sense. Remember Gryffindor getting 150 points taken away when draco snitched like a bitch? He nullified it and gave them slightly more (Harry 10 points extra neville 10 points) for saving the school.

Draco also lost his own house fifty points and if he didn't they would have won

HOWEVER

Why do they only get like 300 points after a YEAR with an entire house of kids

They get like 10 points for answering a question in class

More like dishonest reddit shit posting

IT WAS ALL A MEME

>the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert

Shit pasta, but this part is true tho.

the great gatsby is fucking shit though, not sure if it was put into god tier ironically

But if Draco hadn't been up Gryffindor would have won anyway as they would never have lost those 150 points

They needed 170 to win. It was a butterfly effect of future gryffindor house cups. It set forth the entire timeline of harry potter

Slytherin won the cup six years in a row before that year fuck em. The gryffindors knew there was something going on in the castle and were the only ones whk cared to do anything

No it isn't sick fucking meme by an actual nigger who liked Jack and Jill Indy 4 Gi Joe 1 2 and Transformers 2.

HP is the best series. especially compared to everything else there is. All of them are kino besides GoF. Wah I dont want my witchraft to be dark or a story to have tone progression

I just want you to know, I'm glad you exist.

Why does Harry Potter trigger idiot autists with no friends? You know the kind that post plebcore images

Patrician franchise

For some reason I've never really enjoyed it. Is it one of those things you have to grow up with to enjoy?

Not really lots of people like it like LOTT its a classic. Along with lotr the best fanatsy films we will ever get especially nowadays. It was a different time.

The films have top atmospheres and each are different feeling. Pretty unique

Why werent inter house friendship a more common thing ? Really made everything at Hogwarts feel a little smaller desu

LOTR*

Why the fuck do you keep removing Atlas Shrugged?

FINALLY, TO THAT FAT NERD...EXACTLY THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF POINTS TO WIN!

Because it actually made sense the houses stayed as friends with eachother since they were bound to classes and residence with eachother. Dumbeldores army had a mixture though. Otherwise its not easy to get the school to come together. Even my american middle school had "teams". The houses are a british rivarly thing

I thinks its because while the world is unique the idea of it doesn't really interest me.

Seriously, if Hermione basically gets at least ten points every lesson she goes to since you apparently get five points every time you answer an answer correctly, except with snape or trelawney, that's still more or less 50 points every day with her schedule.

In the end of Philosopher's stone when all the bonus points has been added and counted, that's 482 points for gryffindor.

Deducting the 160 points they gained in the end, that's a measly 322 points.

How the fuck does the at least 40 people in Gryffindor house have a total of 322 points for a whole year when one of their members pretty much gain 50 points per day (even just assuming that she only gets ten points a day at an average which is well below what we're presented in the books) that's still only a month for Hermione.

This makes no fucking sense. All of the other students must just be sitting and leeching on Hermione's point tally and sneaking out every night getting points deducted from their house.

What the fuck was JK Rowling thinking when she came up with those dumb fucking numbers? I could understand 3220 points and recieving 1500 points for the trio defeating Voldemort, but it just seems completely retarded with a tenth of that.

Never change user

dont they only get like 50 for winning the quidditch cup?

See
They got minus 150 points

And hermione doesn't get that much everyday nor everyday because Snape always takes points

>invent a sport where the first 95% of it doesn't matter and only one player does something of significance from each team

good writing jk

somebody gain points and somebody lose them
i imagine the redhead twins must lost a fuck ton of points for their house

Because Atlas Shrugged is a shit book, and Ayn Rand is a jaded selfish retard with a victim complex.

The whole premise is literally just "if the top percentage left, nobody would be able to take their place."

I can see what you're saying, but that doesn't make up for the other houses.

Ravenclaw for example are supposed to be super fucking Mensa-material know-it-all's and they're even below Slytherin with points.

Every house must have a Fred & George completely sabotaging everything for every house for this to make sense.

>always takes points

maybe that's why the scores are all so low. all the profs are assholes and play favorites. forgot your pen? -50 late for class? -50 not acting like my favored house? -100

yeah i agree with you about that
the whole thing was pretty bullshit, but i think there were some years slytherin and other house actually win even when harry was in school
cant' remember the detail now so maybe im just spouting bullshit but i swear i remember it

>you will never be be an alpha hufflepuff slaying ravenclaw pussy then dying because you were so heroic and based

because tumblrina pottersuperwholocks get really upset which isn't the point of it

It gets taken away or given back at teachers' discretion though. Also, the school is small. It's only got about a thousand students among all the grades, though the movie shows even less when they're all in the great hall.

>Ron shuffled his feet uncomfortably as he stared at them, hands tangled in a worried knot
>"What the fuck you doin' Weasley?! You better not be looking away from them!",yelled Malfoy as he stroked his rock hard member as it protruded proudly from his wizarding robes.
>Ron glanced up sheepishly to see Harry vigorously pounding Hermione from behind on the Gryffindor commons table.
>Harry looked over his shoulder at his friend with a slight grin on his face.
>"C'mon Ron", Harry grunted in between his rapid thrusts, "no need to be coy. Take it all in."
>As he plowed deeper and deeper into Hermione's beet red pussy he looked over at Dumbledore, himself deeply entranced in the act taking place before him.
>"I much prefer this Chamber of Secrets to the other, professor!" Harry exclaimed.
>"FOCUS BOY!" Hissed Professor Snape, rubbing the tip of his precum glazed penis with his thumb.
>"You're just like your father. He could never take a proper inter-house fuck train seriously either."
>The look on Dumbledore's face lightened somewhat as Harry's thrusts became quicker.
>"You getting your vinegars, young mister Potter?" Dumbledore asked in his usual, calm tone
>Harry didn't have time to respond before he began to ejaculate wildly deep inside of Hermione's slick cunt.
>Falling over her back, he licked the sweat from her skin and gazed up at the clock.
>"Twenty-one minutes... looks like a new house record." Harry muttered out in gasping breaths.
>Snape's dick began to go limp.
>Dumbledore, slapping Harry on the back, exclaimed, "50 points for Gryffindor."
>Ron looked back down at his feet, tears welling in his eyes.
>Malfoy looked over at Dumbledore and yelled, "He cheated! There must have been a spell or some such!"
>Tucking his willy back into his robe he stormed passed Snape and over to the common room door.
>"My father will hear of this", Malfoy whispered as he stormed out of the room.

Found the autist

>mfw slytherin gets fucked over at the last second every time

fucking hell
that is 7 different grades, for 4 houses
and only about 1k students
it makes sense pretty much they all know each other since each grade for each house is like a big sized family

and then you're only remembered for being a sparkly vampire...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the books.

It's just that it's such a low figure to make the Characters points matter so much more.

I really wish that Rowling wrote more about the Cup in the later books, shit was actually interesting to read about.

The Quidditch Cup was also pretty entertaining, but once again the bullshit-point rules makes it retarded with the snitch counting as 15 goals instead of maybe 5.

I love the absolute fucking slaughter in the fourth book where she tries to show that "the snitch doesn't always win the game!!", where the two best teams in the world compete in the world cup and Ireland fucking demolishes everyone in the hungarian team and wins with exactly 16 more goals, so Viktor Krum can capture the snitch and still lose.

I mean what the fuck did the other players do? Did they literally just fuck around playing ass-grab? That's two and a half times as worse as BRA71L.

Rowling is a fucking hack for not doing more with the houses. All there was was muh Gryffindor muh Slytherin, while giving fuck all to develop Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.

They won six years in a row before that you cunt

LOTR is undeniably the greatest set of fantasy films ever made. Harry Potter is literally children's books put onto movies.

>house points literally never mentioned again
why not?

You're a faggot. Thats because the entire schools knows they are the only two good houses and without their rivarly the school would be a shitshow. They are akin to the yankees redsox. And those two houses had everything to do with the story of HP

slytherin was absolutely ruled the fucking world b4 harry potter arrived, no wonder they keep trying to fuck him over

which beg the question what kind of dumb fucks from other 3 houses that keep letting them win

Yes, yes Marvel very good, very good

HOWEVER

Mate lotr is overrated. You cant have it bothways people whine how different the HP films are to the books because they did their own thing. Lotr was action fests for thirteen year olds. I saw the last three HPs in college in theaters.

The series has amazing cinematographers, composers, set direction, art direction, actors and direction. I'm not trying to compare them because they are different. But HP is above all the other franchise shit out there and it and LOTR will remain classics.

Ravenclaw was literally just Cho Chang.
Hufflepuff was literally just Cedric Diggory.

She could have done so much with her world that she didn't do. She could've gone way more into politics, with at least more about the election where Rufus Scrimgore takes over as Minister of Wizardry or whatever.

>it makes sense pretty much they all know each other since each grade for each house is like a big sized family
Yeah. Here's the breakdown as I see it.
Roughly 250 kids per house.
Roughly 143 kids per year (not considering dropouts like the main 3 kids that might make it slant toward the lower years)
Roughly 36 students in Harry's year in Gryffindor, meaning all the ones we know about from the books, and then some background filler.

Because they had other shit to care about like a monster, a tournament, umbridge and the inquisitorial squas making their own cup with rules and the headmaster dying and the school getting ransacked

But why did he nullify it? I went to a britfag high school which had 4 houses and a point system just like Hogwarts and points were only given for things directly pertaining to class, good behaviour and extracurricular activities. That's how it's supposed to work. This one time my friends and I saved a girl from dying of asthma during lunch break and we didn't get points.

This, anyone that disagrees is most likely a fucking retard from /lit/.
>Harry Potter is literally children's books
So is Lord of the Rings.

You didn't go to Hogwarts and you didn't save the day at Hogwarts

did you fuck her later?
sorry man but i gotta ask when you present the story like that

LOTR was not action fests for thirteen year olds. The LOTR trilogy-movies were leagues above the HP movie franchise, even though both were good.

> The series has amazing cinematographers, composers, set direction, art direction, actors and direction

Which LOTR did not have? Get real, there's a reason why they earned so many oscars.

I like both franchises alot, and I have read both book series multiple times. I feel as though the HP-franchise is way more entertaining to read, the LOTR-franchise feels very dated. The thing that the LOTR-franchise really has, is history. So fucking many details has gone into that, primarily because that's what Tolkien really sperged out about. Language and Cultural History.

The whole fucking first 60 pages of the first book is literally just explaining the habits and culture of hobbits without any characters. It's not bad at all.

And thats okay because......oh right its not and its shows how incredible weak JK is at developed characters/ groups not directly related to Harry. The fact that 7 years go by without anything of significance coming out of Racenclaw or Hufflepuff is riduluculous and you know it. Hell even a minor villain that was a student from another house that gets in the way of Harrys day to day life or somethibg wouldve done it but no, we couldnt even get that much.

Good post user.

You do in the books though, Earnie MacMillan is a dopey twat from Hufflepuff convinced that Harry is the AntiChrist in the second book, Harry's rival in the fourth is from Hufflepuff, and his love interest is from Ravenclaw.

I agree that they're not very developed houses, but what you're claiming is just simply not true.

Too long didnt read you didn't even understand me I said I wasn't conparing because they are both different and I saI'd LOTR is a classic I love it but its overrated.

All I said was they are both above the rest. Stop comparing completely different things.

Nah, too much for autistic 15 year old me. She friendzoned me hard. The closest I got was her lifting up her top and telling me to rub sunscreen lotion on her back.

Yep, misunderstood you.

My bad,

I read your entire post btw. I need to reread lotr and hp

not him but yeah i remember now
a lot of cunts who start accusing harry this and that are actually not from slytherin but from the 2 other houses

I didn't know you've actually watched the movies to the point you remember the lines.

When I was younger I didn't really appreciate the fifth book with the political intrigues and government hush-hush, but on rereading that's one of the better parts.

I really liked the whole arc with the order of the Phoenix and making Harry a scapegoat in the media and Dumbledore fucking shit up in court.

>Stop comparing things that are slightly different even though they're both fantasy stories with magic and monsters

Why should we?

What were Harry's flaws again ?

everybody related to him die

He likes to wallow in self-pity and sometimes doesn't recognise how much his actions affect others.

They are very different if you can't see why you're truly blind. lotr is an "epic" hp is infused

He was incompetent buffoon.

I think I was thirteen when OOTP book came out. It was a funny feeling with the tone change and I remember getting really engrossed in it and hating the ministry and orwellian shit. It was a good uneasy feeling and had a great climax. Long ass book but a fairly easy read considering I had to keep reading.

Then when HBP came out I read it in one sitting in less than a day. And deathly hallows in tried to savor as much as possible since it was all over.

I think the film reflects the change in Order. So its funny how people had a kneejerk reaction to not only the serious change but the filmmaking style change when the book was the same thing in book form. Yea the change was cool I was welcome to it.

>tfw I only got to experience the first 3 books as they came out because my parents divorced around the release of the 4th one and suddenly there was no money for non essentials

I caught up years later but it just wasnt the same

I'm sorry bro you were always welcome at hogwarts though

Just get to the part where Harry began to teach others in book 5, for some reasons it's not as excited as the 4 books before.
And fucking ministry of magic, they're made of retards or something.

TO NIGGADOR

The minsitrys incompetence is british self deprecation

Thanks senpai. Its not all bad though, before the divorce I had a friend who was just as into the series as me. In hindsight it was pretty fucking gay but every now and again we'd share stories about how Harry Potter eould come into our rooms at night and talk to us about how crazy Hogwarts was. These memories kind of make up for the whole missing out on the last 4 books thing.

Glad you're not dull user

>Draco also lost his own house fifty points and if he didn't they would have won
If he didn't lose 50 points, that old faggot with a hard on for harry would have just given gryffindor 200 points instead.

Fuck off slytherin you never had the moral high ground

Just like his father

YOUR FATHER WAS A SWINE

>"You getting your vinegars, young mister Potter?" Dumbledore asked in his usual, calm tone
>his usual, calm tone
"`HARRY, DIDYA GET YOUR VINEGAR STROKES IN THE GOBLET OF FAIYAH?!?!"

>Gryffindor broke some of the biggest school rules and put lives at risk in doing so
>Slytherin made some snarky remarks
Wow, yeah, I guess Slytherin were the bad guys.

Lmao you sound like a true cuck there. Who cares about breaking rules when you are saving the school. When the smartest booknerd in school is breaking rules its past time where fucks are given for doing whats RIGHT

drastic time call for drastic measure

>were gonna trust 3 11 years olds with saving the school, 2 of which are terrible students who can't perform the most basic of spells

and yet they did it, everytime
better than anything any cucks from slytherin ever try

>5000 points to that ginger kid for uhh.. playing a game of chess! oh look gryffindor wins!
the fuck was his problem?

>playing a game of chess!
WRONG
it was the best game of chest in the last 100 years of the school history