Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree he's the BEST character of Nu-Star Wars?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree he's the BEST character of Nu-Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSoViykvjUg
youtube.com/watch?v=LtE0KrrNpds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He

He is. I dropped when it turned out he isn't the protagonist. He has a WAY better character arc than Rey.

>turns 'good' after seeing all his friends die
>proceeds to kill stormtroopers without hesitation later in the movie, all done in a comedic manner

Boyega did alright with what he was given but the character was wasted. He had a chance to be a complex character, instead he was an over the top quipster with zero depth

Shit, wrong image.

Finn is the key to this.

She is by far the worst Star Wars character

bb8 > kylo > finn > whoever

there are no good characters in episode 7.

You can't dispute this.

Sup Forums had me all ready to hate him and his presence in the movie. I thought he was going to be like Christ Tucker and annoying as fuck.

But he was alright and it's too bad that Mary Sue couldn't be toned down a bit to give him some screentime.

I can agree with this.

Why would the New Order use conscripts when the existing technology and infrastructure allows for mass clone armies of highly gifted, totally obedient supersoldiers? How was Finn even in a position to infiltrate the base when he was just a fucking faggot grunt who probably never wandered inside engineering?
This movie was so fucking dumb and an obvious cash grab. Now Star Wars is a fucking children's franchise.

>I thought he was going to be like Christ Tucker
I watched him in Attack of the Block and he nowhere near that character type. If anything, he excels in doing quiet, brooding roles.

Had to think about it for a sec but yeah, definitely within the canon shit

>nu anything
>being a teen

I can buy beer and can provide weed. Suck a dick you teen kek.

Yes, but it's fucking hilarious that the moral blindness of the (((writers))) presents the audience with a hypocritical character, more of a "rogue" than a hero, but deconstructed of all the cliches that make Han Solo "loveable".

He's cowardly, he's not witty, he's a turncoat TRAITOR! with no moral compunction about spilling blood so long as it suits his ends, which are under-explored: is he actually a morally "good" character or is he the wretched slimeball this movie needs to make this simpering "black and white morality = dumb cattle bums in seats" movie something more than the perfect storm of moral confusion?
We never find out because WOO DID YOU SEE DAT? So fuck this TRAITOR. I hope the infertile xenomorph cucks him with her fuck-ugly cousin.

>Now Star Wars is a fucking children's franchise
>Now

They literally tricked you into fucking liking him by making him the least generally offensive to the people who are bothered by Rey and other nu-Star Wars bullshit from Disney.

They tricked you into liking the diversity protag by making Rey and others the characters they are. Characters who literally everyone but you already likes.

>Now Star Wars is a fucking children's franchise.

Are you actually retarded?

>thinking DC movie executives rule Hollywood

It has always been standard practice to frame and script scenes according to budget. Generally this amounts to some movies (usually adaptations) simplifying scenes and/or arcs, if not outright disposing of them to make way for the main storyline. It's a business and maximizing your return is paramount. Tbis is the reason all book adaptations are less than the books, it is unthinkable to do a 1-1 adaptation and still hope for a good turnout.

Grow up and realize Hollywood is a business and not a bastion of "artistic aspirations". You gots to stack paper, not baby mommas, son.

nah dude she has a pussy ass and tits + she is young the makes her better then every other character in nu-starwars

i want to place my penis in her VAGINA

No.

You're missing the point by miles, you idiot. You think I don't know and understand the concerns Hollywood has to satisfy audiences and make money through sticking to "templates"? That's not what's being talked about. If you want to go 2edgy4me and treat the whole thing as a business where quality is irrelevant, you should just KYS.

Please post the darth vader scene in the end of Rogue one.

Her vagina is literally closed for business. Enjoy your blue balls.

youtube.com/watch?v=VSoViykvjUg

What's your point?

Because "they" shoehorned in a black character, that means the black character is automatically a shitty character? That's not how that works, unless you put racism as a filter on your mind overriding your own independent judgement.

Besides, the most paranoid thing in your post is the idea that the people who threw this movie together had things planned so perfectly as to deliberately make le negro traitor man a more original character than MaRey Sue, JUST so the racist contrarians on Sup Forums would praise this guy's performance and point out how this character had more depth than the lead?
Nah, they fucked up the rest of the story because they're lazy and they use affirmative action in the hiring process for the writers and ghostwriters. This guy's character just avoided the worst of the "blandification" by accident.
And if there was any intentional "marketeering" in the creation of this character, it was by giving the male audience a character they could relate to, but given that they made him a contemptible coward, I don't think that was exactly deliberate either, at least in the sense that they knew what they were doing.

>it's the 5764368th Starshit thread posted today

Poe was the best new character.

Nah, Kylo Ren was the best character, he was acted well and had some subtle touches the other characters didn't get to have. It also helps that Adam Driver isn't Hollywood level attractive, which helped make his character more believable. Imagine if Hayden Christensen looked like that in the prequels, that just gives an extra layer for why a guy might turn genocidal.
This user is right. Boyega showed some good stuff in the opening scene and he had great comedic timing, but he doesn't really have an arc. He gets conflicted, switches sides, and basically forgets about his past life and comrades until it's convenient to use him as a plot device to blow up nu-Death Star. Then he gets his ass kicked so he can be saved by the Mary Sue.

DUDE, I HAVE LITERALLY EVERY POWER, LMAO

No. I think Boyega is a decent actor but Finn is a slightly incoherent waste.

Kylo is the best of the new characters. Hopefully VIII develops him in a good way. As mediocre as VII was, there's still plenty of things VIII could fuck up.

post his hips. i feel like jerking off

OP said 'character' not 'cardboard cutout'

I liked him. I liked his scenes with Rey. I hope there are more of those next time around, and that they snog

Finn and Kylo are the only nu-wars characters i like.

Hopefully they make Kylo more than a typical bad guy and do some kind of flip with him and Ray.

youtube.com/watch?v=LtE0KrrNpds

Nice try disney shills

>nostril flaring

>IMIN CHARGE PHASMA IM IN CHARGE

>GOTA ABOYFRIEND? CUTE BYFRIEND

Me ajd ky gf were cringing hard opening night. He felt so fucking out of place in a SW flick.

>He felt so fucking out of place in a SW flick.
literally every character did except for Luke because he didn't have any lines. also

>muh shills

what does nu-wars mean?

This nigga was the worst thing of the movie, even worse than autist sith

not after they made him a comic relief janitor in 3rd act

also he should be hesitant to shoot at other stromtroopers at first to make him at least a bit belivable

Episode 7 is a perfectly fine movie that will either be vindicated or ruined based on how good Episode 8 is.

>best character
>jumps from scene to scene being a pstd child soldier or kevin hart impression
>literally lies to everyone he meets about who he is and what he wants
>only cares about himself
>best character

Is this a joke op?

ep8 is not even out and ep7 is recognized as absolute steaming pile of shit globally at this point

Even BB-8 is better than him.

Finn is the protagonist of TFA.

People only think Rey's the protagonist because she's a Jedi and she defeats the big bad guy at the end, but Finn is the one who drives the story along. More often than not, Finn is the POV character. Also, like you said, Finn has a more solid, complete character arc than Rey.

>only cares about himself
It's called "character development". He isn't like that any more by the end of the movie. If he were, then he would have just handed the lightsaber over to Kylo Ren at the end.

> Now Star Wars is a fucking children's franchise.

"""No""""

My ex gf had this disease, shit fucking sucks.

>Star Wars is a fucking children's franchise
Yeah my kids loved the ending of Rogue One

how big is her penis?

>only goes to rescue rey because she might find out he lied about being part of the resistance
>only fights ren when he's called a traitor

What an arc, going nowhere.

He told her that he lied before ever going to rescue her, you dumbfuck.

>only fights ren when he's called a traitor
You really think that was his motivation? He didn't care about being called a traitor at that point. It meant nothing to him because the First Order meant nothing to him. He fought Ren to save Rey.

I'm starting to think this movie is too smart for you, and that's sad because TFA isn't particularly a smart movie.

Second best performance in the film after kylo ren, doesn't make up for how much of a god damn chimpanzee looking eyesore he is though

Kylo Ren was. But him and Finn were the only characters in the movie.

Poe was a prop, and Rey was wish fulfillment.

b-bunnyfu! i'm sorry. i was only kidding around! i didn't even like the force awakens!

>all this kylo ren love
The thing that no one can seem to answer is the nature of the dark side and why anyone would be seduced by it. It seems to offer nothing over conventional jedi training.

In the OT, the Emperor and Vader both try to tempt Luke to the dark side, but its not clear what it offered him over what he already had. Plus it was shown Luke cared about his friends and simply 'ruling the galaxy' wasn't enticing.

In the prequels, we sat through three films that are supposed to focus on the nature of the dark side, but never explain its allure, simply that it makes the user 'powerful'. OK...But so does being a jedi. Anakin just switches over because the plot needed him to, there wasn't any real decision or motivation other than to get him in the Vader suit.

This has always bothered me about Star Wars.

More like wasted potential, hes a character that doesnt match what his backstory is. Hes supposed to be a child soldier gone awry but that never really comes into play, instead they use him for cheap laughs and comedic relief like every other black side character.

Making him a sanitation worker also destroys any seriousness with the character. I mean when he said 'I was raised to do one thing.." did he mean blast villagers or work the mop buckets?

The movie would be no different if he wasn't there.

>He has a WAY better character arc than Rey.

Arc? There was no arc. There was no character development. It was as if some oblivious dude was dropped into the body of a Stormtrooper, and decided to bail on everything instantly, like he never actually went through any form of mental preparation for his task of being a soldier of the empire.

An arc would require him to actually develop FROM something into the slapstick retarded comedy relief he was throughout the whole movie.

The only thing that made the shitty movie even remotely memorable, was the big fuck you to the original fans by having Emo-Vader kill Han Solo.

>KILLING IS BAD
>MUH BOYFRIEND POE
>KILLING IS OKAY WHEN IT'S STORMTROOPERS EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE BRAINWASHED KIDS LIKE ME

He's a bigger catastrophe than MaRey Sue.

>not my husbando Poe

Best non-Skywalker pilot in the galaxy

>wants to join the Resistance because he feels like he can't shoot civilians
>has no problems shooting his old comrades 5 minutes later

>people will unironically defend Jar Jar Binks for this

fuck off, Sup Forums

Why does he have pens on his leg?

anakin switched over because the jedi are a bunch of hypocrites.
They teach him that the jedi code is the most important thing, which is why he is not allowed to have feelings for the woman he loves.
Then he starts getting visions of padme dying and palpatine tells him about the power of the dark side, how he can use it to save her etc.
Anakin is hesitant to switch over because muh jedi code but then he watches mace windu using his anger to defeat palpatine and going about straight up killing him without a trial, all of which is against the code.

Anakin had to decide between staying with the hypocrites who are afraid to tap into the full power of the force, and letting padme die,
or joining palpatine, who he perceived as honest to him, and who could potentially save his wife.

tl,dr: the dark side is more powerful than the watered down version the jedi are teaching, also the jedi are assholes.

He was good, I'd say Kylo was the best new character

Based on his relevance to the plot and making analogy to ANH, Finn is
>the death star plans
>R2-D2 AND C-3PO
>budget Han Solo

bb8 a cute

she can still have sex with endometriosis, it means nothing user...

>there has been an awakening - shot cuts to finn
>kylo knows who the defector was
>holds a lightsaber on the poster
>can use a lightsaber in combat without cutting his leg off
>finds the small village in a desert where rey is
really makes u think

Kylo is the best character played by the best actor

Also wins for best aesthetics

>He has a WAY better character arc than Rey.

He has one of the most incompetently handled arcs of all time. Sad, because there was a lot of potential to make a great character.