Where were you when you realised Refn is a bigger rip off hack than Tarantulatino?

Where were you when you realised Refn is a bigger rip off hack than Tarantulatino?

Me, I was watching Neon Demon.

All right, I'll bite. How? Go on, tell us. We know you want to anyway.

whom has he ripped off?

>Suspiria
>Under the Skin
>The Shining
>2001
>Dr Strangelove

To begin with

lol the same guy keeps shitting on the neon demon and Refn

get a job man

ever hear that saying good artists borrow but great artists steal?

First you steal it then you tweak it, blend it with other ideas until it becomes your own. You probably havn't done a creative thing in your entire life

Can we PLEASE get the webms of him at home with his wife getting cucked by Ryan.

it's on netflix

Neon Demon is the WORST movie I've ever seen. Not even joking. I was a fan of his work too. Now I will never give him another chance.

me too. he was one of my favs after Drive. watched all of his movies. Neon Demon was a letdown, still cant decide if i liked it or not, but there's something ingenue about it

i also dont like his behavior now, he seems full of himself and also looks like a cancer patient

weird combination

>comparing Refn to Tarantino
Fuck off retard.

Neon Demon is a really good pleb filter

most people that don't like it think it's misogynistic

What did he mean by this?

there's nothing in Neon Demon that's like Suspria. You probably haven't even seen Suspiria.

Oh right, it doesn't resemble any of those. I was worried for a minute there that he might be a rip-off hack, like you said, but no. That's good.

I was also watching neon demon.

when I watched an interview after watching Drive

How can one man get so JUSTed in just three kinos? Was it all the cakes?

His scripts are poor, but he's great otherwise. The only people who hate him are storycucks

>Neon Demon
>2001
Okay, I'm curious. How?

I agree, they are fooling themselves out of delight.

i think it was from smoking heroin and stress from dealing with Tonny

But he only deals with Tonny like once in the entire trilogy.

does she die at the end?

It's probably having the moon appear, and using symmetrical framing in some shots. It's probably that slender.

dude blue shade red shade lmao

new Refnkino synopsis hot off press

>The spy was one of the leading spies in Europe. An injury inflicted to his vocal cords during a failed mission six years ago left him mute, forcing him to leave his profession. Now, six years later, he is sought out and put on confidential assignment by a former Yakuza, now a retired Japanese businessman in exile in France, to track down and kill the head of the most dangerous Yakuza family in Japan.

>Afraid of flying, our spy anonymously boards a cargo ship headed for Tokyo. An onboard explosion sinks the ship and our spy finds himself washed ashore on a life raft in southern Japan. As a mute, our spy must silently journey through Japan seeking 4 clues – symbolizing conquest, war, famine, and death – which will guide him to the unknown location of the Yakuza boss. Meanwhile, the Yakuza boss, known for his 2004 mass slaughter of Yakuza members who had turned against him, is believed to be plotting to reenter the Japanese underworld after living in his own surreptitious world in the mountains, void of all technology. This way of life becomes an obsession for the Yakuza boss. Rumors spread that he had committed suicide years ago but escaped prisoners from his hidden camp told stories of his plan for a comeback. Now rival Yakuza families suspect he is forming a master plan to return, a plan that unburies the most infamous story of Yakuza betrayal.
Our spy finds himself on an existential journey through Japan in search of pieces to the puzzle that will lead him to a confrontation with the ultimate Yakuza boss in a terrifying conclusion.

they ate her

NO BULLYING MY NIK

fucking mouthbreathing plebs

Tfw your genius is a burden on the ones you love

But its ok cause you're the one that pays the bills

The culmination of having his characters have less and less to say for themselves, having a mute protagonist. I can see this already. Refn, man. Refn.