Why don't they just use guns?

Why don't they just use guns?

protection charms which instantly block
healing spells that easily heal

stuff like horcruxes

Better question, why didn't they use enchanted guns?

Because then it wouldn't be the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

what would be the point of enchanting the gun? Enchant the bullets

because it takes place in the uk

Guns and bullets are expensive. It's cheaper to learn magic

It's a children's book.

*sound of knife being binned in the distance*

curving the bullets
Inadvisable bullets
Gun that looks like something else

OI BIN THAT WAND

can people teleport by using a gun?

So that it shoots enchanted bullets.

Then you enchant the bullets. Morrowind levels of cheese.

You can do whatever you want if you put your mind to it.

/lit/ here.

I always (ALWAYS) take this bait. I feel like a retarded now, but I can't feel angry about that image. The text is meh.

Yes but only once.

Try harder on the opening sentence 4/10

We waz magic an shiet

>muh guns
GTFO burger.

Reminder that hagrid bent a hunting rifle with his bear hand in the first movie.

terrible opener. i'd suggest something along the lines of characters shooting themselves for being in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.

banned in Britain

*double barreled shotgun

Hagrid would have had his shit pushed in if Vernon actually shot the gun. They were on an island, no one would have known.

Because the WizardWorld is way behind of the MuggleWorld in terms of technology, they dont understand stuff like guns as simple as they may be, they even call them "firelegs". You need to understand that simple logic is something magic fags are not good at.

dah!

This pasta will never get old.

If you shoot yourself with a bullet with a portkey enchantment, sure.

Would make for an interesting fight scene I'm sure. And you'd be able to watch muggles freak out when suddenly corpses drop from the sky.

What the actual fuck? Just hit him with a 2x4 in the shin shit.

Just so you know glowy glowy projectiles is a bad idea for warfare because it makes it very easy to see where you are , thats why most scifi battles are fucking stupid.

Not to mention for the glowy glowy to be as visible as it is it would be so fucking bright up close that you couldnt see shit until its moved hundreds of feet away so everytime you use glowy glowy magic spell you basically blind yourself for a couple seconds leaving you open to a counter attack.

A smarter magical spell is using solid projectiles like bullets for example.

>they dont understand stuff like guns as simple as they may be, they even call them "firelegs".

that wording and logic and utter desire to be a special snowflake sounds familiar.

would it be too much of a stretch to say harry potter greatly shaped the creation of the millennial mindset?

1/10 opening

*glock

Well, they actually feel "proud" about being able to do stuff with magic, and feel butthurt as fuck because muggles don't need it to do anything. They are actually very stubborn and need a while to assimilate "muggle technology" which is better than the use of magic, like carriages (they are still butthurt about cars), radios, sewage system, etc.

Then again, magic interferers with electricity so they can't use magic near electricity (depends of the quantity of course) nor electric appliances work near magic, Hogwarts being an example of this.

tl;dr

They are butthurt because mugles don't need magic and can do a lot more shit without it

>inb4 then how does radios work if electricity fucks with magic???

Plothole, Rowling later said that someone found a way to make them work with magic

UK

>look like someone reported while out on a jog
>officer starts running after me
>I stop and get questioned and then apologized to

I get the feeling If I was in the US and I didn't hear the officer I would have suddenly felt a few hot bites in my back

>Dumb fucking kids that are taught to wave sticks and chat jibberish
>No actual education or knowledge of the real world
>Trust them with guns

You're insane if you think US cops can't tell the difference between a white jogger and a sprinting off nigger.

Don't they realize how dangerous paper itself is? Paper cuts are no joke.

Why don't they just use pens?

I'm all for gun control but not arming your cops is fucking ridiculous.
At least give them a taser or pepperspray

Where you running and at what time?

>they can't use magic near electricity
In a muggle vs. wizards battle the wizardcucks would get their shit absolutely wrecked then
>Bring generator
>Kill them off one by one as they scream for pity

because they live in Britain

They aren't cops, they're community support officers.

The best part of this image are the related stories

if they used magic staves instead of wands this franchise would be a little less retarded

how the fuck are you gonna fight people that can go invisible, can brainwash you, can teleport and have magic shields?

Just imagine Harry telling the Muggles about Magic and Voldemort. God this series couldve been so much better if the Marines just showed up and fucking rekt Voldemort and his cringeworthy squad. Just imagine the look on his face when the airforce carpet bombs his hideout and the special forces shoot him before he can even mutter a single word.

shoot them with a gun

>God this series couldve been so much better if the Marines just showed up and fucking rekt Voldemort and his cringeworthy squad.
no it wouldn't have, that's the sort of shit 10 year olds think of

>drone strikes
>napalm
>carpet bombing
>nuclear warfare
>thermal vision
>artillery

just off the top of my head

>Hogwarts
>2018 Year of Our Lord.
>Arabian Magical Academy is destroyed by a suicidal magic attack
>Since Hogwarts is a tolerant and multicultural place all survivors are transfered to Hogwarts
>There's no enough room to shelter all
>Hogwarts start send Brititsh Students to home to shelter the refugees
>Winter Ball
>There's 4 reported rapes in the Ball
>School administration hide the rapes
>Harry Abidain Muhammed behead a ginger kid from first grade
>Harry won a disciplinary action (2 days without magic)
>Ginger Kid is blamed for interrupting Harry Praying to Allah and for speaking English
>Christmas is cancelled since it will offend Muslims students
>End of 2018 year
>Hogwarts start to build it first Minarete

Considering that's who this shit is made for it makes sense

I can imagine Russian Special forces entering Hogwarts and Killing and Raping every living thing in that shithole.

Considering you're not 10 you should think that's a cool ending

You'd think a muggle-obsessed nerd like the Weasley dad would know about this thing muggle use to kill each other which you can't do much about

They could have brought a fucking assault rifle and a few bombs to Hogwarts and destroyed everyone in five minutes

shouldnt*
I shouldn't shitpost at 2:30 am

I'm not an adult child so picture related is what I think.

That's taking it too far but a story where magic and muggle technology mix and wizards don't solve everything via magic would be neat

Regardless of if magic can stand up to muggle weapons or not...they're a bunch of uneducated fuckwit teenagers that dress like Victorian chamber maids and have zero knowledge of warfare and battle tactics.

An SAS squad would clean that shithole out in 60 seconds flat.

>only a tiny fraction of the population should be able to defend themselves hehehehe

Fuck off libtard.

They literally went in to hiding because in the 16 century muggles started killing them and if they didnt do anything they were going to go extinct. It was fight or go in to hiding, they decided to hide.

If muggles back then were able to do it, people nowadays can.

Because

Voldemort actually uses a gun in the climax of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Eliezer Yudkowsky. Why haven't you read it yet?

All it would take is one renegade wizard that could provide information on the location of important places in the wizarding world. Destroy Hogwarts, destroy Diagon Alley and destroy the Ministry of Magic and boom, wizards are gone. There's supposed to only be like 5000 wizards in a country of about 60 million people

Never uses it. Just points it at people. Come to think of it, I doubt he even knew how to fire it.