Americans Greatly Overestimate Percent Gay, Lesbian in U.S

>2% of Americans are homosexual, according to the CDC
>3.8% of Americans are homosexual/bisexual/transsexual (LGBT)
>On average, Americans believe 23% of the U.S. population is gay, with many believing one-fourth or one-third is gay

Why is this, Sup Forums?

gallup.com/poll/183383/americans-greatly-overestimate-percent-gay-lesbian.aspx

gay mafia

Liberals are everywhere, so we just assumed.

That's what media programming does.

>Why is this, Sup Forums?

massive media attention

gee I fucking wonder

*identify as homo/bi/trans

Because every third or fourth character in a TV show is gay

If you watch TV you will assume that interracial couples must be near 50%, gays are so common every family unit has one and transgenders fill entire neighbourhoods.

Retards thinking they have been oppressed for centuries when it was actually just a fringe minority.

>hey mr shekelberg what would happen if i lived in homophobic racist 50s america
>you would be gassed INSTANTLY, goy, I mean, good pupil
>put mr shekelberg, i'm not gay, nor black
>what if you were and lived back then?
>really makes you think

Over representation in media

maybe because that shit is constantly spammed to everyone. I never get why companies will get so involved with this matter. I rent a zipcar and they added some rainbow flags to their logo, WHY? no one asked for it. No one cares if its not there, why the added it?

I always assumed it was closer to 10%

But this is because the media shows them constantly and the fact that they tend to be flamboyant as all fuck demanding attention wherever they go. At least, the younger ones do.

>turn on tv
>every show features at least one gay person as a main character

>Read entertainment magazine
>Tons of actors coming out as gay

>Watch news
>Gay issues talked about often

Because the kike media media is shoving the disgusting sodomites down our throats. Have you noticed how every show or movie must have a faggot character?

The way they worded the poll was misleading:

'What percentage of people you have to deal with on a daily basis are assholes and/or faggots?'

No shit. Gays are grossly overrepresented. They are in everything.

Virtue signaling.

Shitlibs love it when companies do shit like that. The company isn't trying to get gay customers, its trying to get customers who irrationaly love gays

>according to the CDC

According to the Center for Disease Control
ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you add the number of people who give a shit about homos and trannies, then yeah it's about 10%.
Most of the people who do claim to care only do so because it makes them look good. They'd throw homos under the bus in an instant. take Orlando for example.

Spot on

It's because they're pushed for acceptance, and because progressive hipsters act out like they're gay for attention and progressive point.

Your media is good in giving people a false sense of proportion.

TRIGGERED.

Because of disproportionate media attention devoted to homos. Look, I don't think being homo is a big deal. If you don't wanna call it a mental disorder, let's just say it's an odd neurological quirk that makes you incapable of experiencing sexual arousal from the opposite gender.

Imagine if other neurological quirks got so much media attention as fags. For example there is a disorder that causes people to sneeze when suddenly exposed to bright light. This phenomenon has been known to people since antiquity, even Aristotle speculated about what caused this. It's called Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome. It affects about 18-35% of the population, a much larger percentage than homos who are only 2%.

Over-representation in jew-controlled media
People also tend to think that blacks make up a sizable portion of america, when they're only 13%

I wouldn't blame Americans for this, but rather the changing global atmosphere. In 1945 the French were not exactly the enemies of the Soviets, but by 1994 they had been through the whole Cold War.

23% you can't be serious... No wonder this country is fucked.

hmm its almost as if LGBT issues dont matter that much but the liberal media shills it to fuck and back

People who are sexually immature and have no understanding of human interaction often mistake their unfamiliar emotions with sexual attraction.

Well, depending on the where you live in the US they can make up the majority of your city. Washington D.C., for example, is 46% black, 40% white. I can't even begin to imagine such a nightmare, nor do I want to.

It's because people don't understand percentages. If you tell the "average" person that 23% is practically 1 out of 4, they'll immediately realize they're an idiot.

This is what American education gets us.

Simply this.

same reason why cucks belive niggers are "talking our women", massive overrepresentation in the media.

The (((Media))) pushing to make it seem like an abomination is some how normal.