Is Latin America western? I think so

Is Latin America western? I think so.

I only want east asian and western cultures in the USA

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_cultural_sphere
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Mexicans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Latin America is richer than Africa yet more violent. There is definitely something distinctly wrong with their culture

It is not.
It's got Latin American culture which is a mix of Amerindian and African traditions mostly.

What about the enormous catholic influence?

I never understood why those countries near Suriname, Guyana, etc. are Hindu?

ah yes, I am going to pray for the Pachamama and decapitate some chickens to fulfill my chicken decapitation Umbanda quota. ...

Christianism was forced upon natives back during the rule of Spain over large portions of the Americas, and even in that case, Catholicism is heavily influenced by Amerindian elements.
For example the Virgin Mary is despicted as a Native American woman in many countries in Latin America.

>Be Dutch, English and Franch
>"Hmm so we cannot import Blacks anymore, but we need someone to work in the plantations. Any Ideas?"
>Import a bunch of Indians and Indonesians from their colonies instead

This guy is full of shit, another one of those "argentina is amerindian!!!!!" posters

>Amerindian and African traditions mostly.
and these traditions are:

>let me talk out of my ass

Okay, so now you're going to teach me about the country I was born and live in.
Asshole.

k.

now that I'm thinking yea we have some things borrowed from the amerinidans and africans such as Carnaval
Anyway, it doesn't make us and the majority of Latinamerican countries to be non-western

spain is barely western, so no, they are their own thing

Much more Spanish influence than Amerindian is left today, so I would definitely categorize Latin America as Western. Also the fact that it's in the west with good ol' America helps. Besides, if you ask anyone in an LA country to categorize themselves and give them the options above 99% will say Western.

Latin America has much more in common with Africans than with Europeans

>99% will say Western.
lol no, couldn't be any further from the truth.

Native americans and blacks are seen as the lowest in latin american culture. latin american is influenced most by spanish, then portuguese or italian depending on where, then local native and lastly african.

>Native americans and blacks are seen as the lowest in latin american culture

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And besides it's not true.
See that you know nothing about us? Go fuck yourself, you think you can make up shit becuse you're a snownigger? Please.

this is false, especially in Brazil, ever parent wishes for their children to marry Black person, as every Brazilian already has lot of black blood

Have you ever eaten Panela?

They have their own distinct latino culture but it's the culture that's closest to the west since we (well spain and portugal) gave birth to them

Latin america is truly our greatest ally

Nope, he's 100% right.
>inb4 cuck

It's true and has a lot to do with the topic. A culture won't be influenced by the lowest in society
Stop trolling anti-blackness is wide spread in Brazil, in latin america generally. Even worse than USA

He's not. I don't know about your country and truly I don't care since brazilians on Sup Forums hate being called latino.
But half of Argentinian culture was imported from Africa and the other half comes from the native tribes that mixed with Spaniards and shaped the Argentinian society.

Black people are part and parcel of latin america, they are seen as strong and intelligent elite

t. croat diaspora

You're saying that if you remove the "Latin American" option from the map, people will choose something other than Western? What the fuck would they choose then? Any African culture would be isolated to Brazil since we didn't have fucking slaves once we declared independence.

Argentine cultures and all it's most iconic elements come from mestizos, the product of race mixing between Spaniards and Native Americans (commonly called Amerindians on this board)
Gauchos? Mestizo
Asado? Mestizo
Chimichurri? Mestizo
Sun of May (the sun in argentina's flag)? Incan diety
Mate? Native American (Guaraní)
Tango? African (not european, checks)
Most spoken languages besides Spanish? They are all native
Best football player of Argentina's history? Mestizo
Majority of Argentina's population? Mestizo

I could go on like this all day if I wanted.
So better keep your mouth shut if you are gonna talk about something you have NO IDEA about.

>Latin America has more African influence than Spanish influence

yes, so? that's nothing indigenous retard, it's just something you get out of the sugar cane, it's also eaten through all asia

Bassically we are colonies like you Wtf? We speak european lenguage not black

Nobody but self hating Latin Americans see Latin America as western.

amerindian means indians of the americas, just goes you know nothing fucking retard.

It is, unfortunately, true in Mexico, it's extremely common to hear people praise their kids for choosing a white or white-looking girl instead of an "indian" looking one. Even the phrase "mejora la raza" (to better the race) is still very common. Mexico and the other mestizo countries still have a lot of problems with race relations between the typically poor, brown mestizos and the elite "white" mestizos.

Okay, Colombia is European and Western, go have it your way.

But don't DISREPECT the culture of MY country.We didn't fight for hundreds of years just to have an idiot belittle us on the internet.

French is most popular language in Africa

Stop being Huntington spergs and focused by artificial terms

>"mejorar lar raza"
We don't have obsessed census like the US. The only one was in 1912

Why are you considering Japanese as a different sect of culture? Are you really this clueless?

Brazil speak portugese,the rest speak spanish

While a noble gesture by the Mexican government, I grew up in Mexico to Mexican parents surrounded by Mexican cousins, friends, and neighbors. Maybe it's different in Southern Mexico but my experience when it came to race was disheartening. It's a societal problem, something that won't change until people change. It's even noticeable on TV and online.

It's from the Clash of Civilizations, by huntington

Fuck this map desu

Japan has it own civilitation based in Shinto.
Well,if you talk about the discimination against native looking people so yes,Also goverment don't carne sates whit majority "native heritage" so they're poor

El balkANO
Jajajaja

not the point, only self hating lations deny their African heritage

>Japan has it own civilitation based in Shinto
No man, in a larger civilizational sense they're art of Sinnic culture, where do you think they got their script from?

Huntington was a dumb fuck who meant nothing more than formalize American views of the world

Technologically, they borrowed a lot from China.

Culturally, they couldn't be more different. Japan evolved in near-solation before contact with real Chinese civ and even after that they still did their own thang. Their language was around before they borrowed Chinese characters too, and is very different.

Their ancient ancestors did come from China but that's about it.

But Japan did borrow a lot from China, its like you didnt watch that history of Japan video.

It's not European either

if Iberia is seen as part of the same civilization as Scandinavia then Japan is part of the same civilization as China

how can a fucking sugar cane have ethnicity? are you stupid, monkey?

My post clearly said they borrowed a lot technologically from China. Didn't mean to imply that they borrowed nothing culturally, but my point still stands.

>t. boli

it can't but it can be associated with certain ethnicities

like tomatoes and pasta with italians and italian cuisine

why are americans so fucking stupid?

t. delusional Sup Forumstard

The same way humans consider ants a strong intelligent elite, and then we proceed to crush them all the same.

Japanese aren't any more distinct from the Chinese than Koreans or many others we don't even consider separate entities in the Wwest (eg Manchurian or Tibetan as distinct from Han) we do tend to romanticize japan a bit too much in the West

Are you trying to say tomatoes and pasta aren't associated with Italians?

tomatoes are Mexican

I know, and no one associates them with Mexicans. We associate drugs and beheadings with Mexico, not tomatoes.

EDIT: Scratch that, tomatoes aren't even Mexicans becasue Mexicans aren't indigenous.

damn americans are REALLY stupid

>Mexicans aren't indigenous
pasta is Chinese btw

you are stupid, all of latin americans have some black in themselves

this butthurt nigro minority again.

we are indio, deal with it.

It's Italian. Just stop -.-

Idiot

The only blacks in mexico were in the south states of the empire, honduras,el salvador,nicaragua, Now they're not mexican.
Latinos have spaniard blood/culture ,not fucking Black

But they did borrow ALOT from the goverment religion and other cultural aspects, but as well developed their own aislated culture.
Just watch that history of Japan video

I am talking about the recipe, not the plant. It's not an European recipe.

>Orthodox culture
that's literally Christian, the original one even

t.

In the end, what a Argetinian or Brazilian *thinks* doesn't matter. What matters are demographics and actions.

The fact of the matter is that Latins are richer, happier, smarter and healthier than the descendants of Africans, Natives and Mestizo. Add to this that almost all the Latin nations were extremely reluctant to let the slave system go. Those people groups are also still the ones who live in the slums, unelss they live in parts of the country where they make the exception.

The only anomaly is Haiti, and that's because they killed everyone that wasn't of slave background, and even then it's literally the worst shit hole in the Americas.

What is this american poster trying to accomplish? Is he playing 9D Mahjong?
>Mexicans aren't indigenous
>-.-

We have a 1% highly mixed Afro-mestizo minority, American" whites" are unironically more likely to have African ancestors

That accounts for about as much in the public conciousness as the fact that all men have 0.6% of Genghis Khan's DNA. That doesn't make me Mongolian.

>Add to this that almost all the Latin nations were extremely reluctant to let the slave system go.
>He fell for la leyenda negra
>Falling for british propaganda
Sure, and Irish are subhuman as well...

so why do you not look like Spaniards?

>it's a "mestizo larps as spanish one minute then indigenous the next" episode

>fact that all men have 0.6% of Genghis Khan's DNA
Is that real?

Tan chink + Andalucian berber/ """"white"""" spaniard = Mexicans

all Mexicans have a small percentage of black DNA

meh, I thought it was an American teaches other peoples about their own cultures episode

really sad to see selfhating latinos on 4chna be ashamed of their Black heritage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_cultural_sphere
Japan is 100% Sinic civilization. In Huntington's defense however the purpose of the book wasn't to accurately outline civilizations but describe how the post-Cold War world order would play out. I guess the lost decade hadn't really set in yet in the early 90s so Huntington probably assumed Japan would continue to be the economic and cultural superpower it had been in the 90s.

In retrospect Huntington probably would have made Japan a mix of Sinic and Western Civilization just like he did with the Philippines. South Korea should be like that too, with North Korea, China and Vietnam being pure Sinic.

probably by the indio or other ethnicies blood so majority is a meztiso we don't look "full" ibérico but it no make us Black,i assume that youre a nigger

Fucking slovakian living in the whitest country in the world telling who is black and not

ALL humans have a small percentage of black DNA, dipshit. Funny how unironically stupid you are.

Sometimes you need an outsider to speak the truth.

"El cultivo de la caña de azúcar llegó a América Latina durante la época colonial, y junto con ella llegaron los trapiches o molinos para la producción de panela o piloncillo, principal endulzante para campesinos y gente del medio rural de aquella época."

i don't know if it's european but clearly it's not indigenous

>The fact of the matter is that Latins are richer, happier, smarter and healthier than the descendants of Africans, Natives and Mestizo.

wat

all people is mixed in Latin America, very few people is pure "White".

The real question is, are they human at all?

there is nothing bad about being black if you are good person, you need to leave Sup Forums memes for a while

>4changos is one person

Of course, being western has always been about mindset, culture, and tradition, the Latins fit this category

That's an average dumbass, it doesn't mean all people have that composition, and the pie charts are not in real scale.

"About 1.2% of Mexico's population has significant African ancestry"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Mexicans

You're far more likely to actually have African ancestry

you've clearly never been near a black

Hmm, I wonder why 85%+ are fucking brown, and how a very large minority of these look like or are full blown native Americans.

Not only latinoamerica,all this continent are mutts cause we are the creation of people from other races around the world