So are there people who actually believe that the EU is better than the Extended Canon?

So are there people who actually believe that the EU is better than the Extended Canon?

Pic related. Han Solo fighting a giant otter. Canon before Disney wiped the slate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

autists spouting muh childhood reee

sure there were some gems here and there but for every serviceable EU thing there were 9001 shit ones

>inb4 coptersaber fags trying to pretend that a single scene discredits the quality of the entire new canon

Yet the op is cherry picking as well

It's almost as if some of the EU wasn't meant to be taken as canon

woah

whats the story behind the amazing picture

At least the OP is cherry picking something I have never seen before. As opposed to anti-canon posters who post the same webm every fucking time

KOTOR is all I give a shit about

Is this Kanjiclub?

I think the problem is you're a fucking retard. I've seen this otter pic posted here more times long before Star Wars Rebels existed.

Then you should know better than anybody how garbage the eu is

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Mount Yoda?

>Mount Yoda, originally called Mount Dagger,[2] was an enormous shield volcano on Dagobah that dated from the early years of that planet's formation, billions of years in the past.

>The only major geological feature on Dagobah, Mount Dagger stood ten kilometers tall and towered over the jungle canopy and the fog bank that shrouded the planet. A shield volcano, most of the shield had eroded away, leaving a craggy igneous spire that jutted above the clouds. The hardened lava-interior remained intact and ripe for geological exploration and discovery. Small planets and lichens found no where else on the planet thrived in the soil around Mount Dagger.[3]

>It was named for Jedi Master Yoda after the scholar Arhul Hextrophon suggested it to Rebel forces.[2] The New Republic set up a Defense Research and Planetary Assistance Center (also known as DRAPAC) on the mountain in 5 ABY.[2]

>It was a good friend

The Disney EU is even worse, fucking flying lightsabres

lol

>spinning lightsabers are worse than giant otters and multiple clones of every major character!

>it aint sheev starts playing

at least the nuked EU didn't undo ROTJ ending for nothing but nostalgia pandering

kek

>Canon before Disney wiped the slate
When Disney bought Lucasfilm, most of the EU was no longer canon.

The last time Lucas detailed what was and wasn't canon, he said that the only canon material was the six live-action films, Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoon, the CGI Clone Wars cartoon, The Force Unleased video games, and The Force Unleashed novels.

That's absolutely it. That's all that was canon when Disney took over. The only thing Disney did was de-canonize The Force Unleashed.

The war ending as soon as Palp dies is so unrealistic its almost laughable. Continuing the war past his death was a great addition to the canon.

Either way it was the beginning of the end of the war, so I'd say the scene is still impactful

Gendys show was never canon. Its fantastic, but george never pretended it was canon. It directly contradicts the 3d cartoon that he personally helped make

You're right that it wasn't canon anymore when the CGI cartoon came out, but George did claim that it was canon when it first came out.

That's kind of how the entire EU "canon" worked. George would declare something to be canon and then completely forget about it within a year. That's why everybody used to think their favorite EU stuff is canon. It's because at some point, all of their favorite EU stuff was canon. It just wasn't all canon at the same time.

bump

Sabercopters
Linkin Park crystals
Jedi building their temple on top of a sith temple so they can't sense dark side
Vader dinaty warrioring thousands of rebels with their ships and tanks all by himself using only a lightsaber and the Force like a fucking anime
Etc

It's like they all have awful shit, yet new Canon doesnt' have stuff as good as old EU, only the bad.

I will suck your cock. You make good points.

>The war ending as soon as Palp dies is so unrealistic its almost laughable. Continuing the war past his death was a great addition to the canon.
why are you talking about things you know absolutely nothing about ~____~

Not gonna deny that the EU had some shit stories, but Disney has yet to give us a decent Star Wars story. EU>>>>>>>>>>Disney Canon.

Thrawn and the waring imperial warlords made way more sense than the new order.

Its remibiscient of the fall of rome and how all these hold out successor states tried to claim the title of a new rome

If you dont count multiple clones of Sheev of course

That "otter" is a selonian. That is a terrible visual rendition of what a selonian looks like. They're kind of like wookies, just skinnier and more, well otter-like. But they're still humanoid. They actually have five fingers and a thumb, part of the plot of that book involved solo piloting a (shoddily built) shuttle engineered by selonians

There a planet that makes clones in the movies so I'm completely fine with Luke & Sheev clones

But Rebels + 3D Clone Wars + all the new novels & comics are dire

>this is what wookiepedia EU autists actually believe

EU was stupidly over the top, but told some good stories if you can sift through the absolute fucking nonsense like the OP pic.

EC on the other hand is just boring. The books aren't BAD for the most part but feel inconsequential.

However bonus points go to the canon, because at least they seem to have a direction. Unlike the EU where any writer that wanted to give it a shot could have their star wars book published, without any direction from Lucasfilm or George, the canon is planned out years in advance. Events that are shown in the books are all written to be canon alongside each other so they don't constantly contradict like the EU did.

That's why I personally think the canon SW universe is the better of the two. Even though it's currently slow and playing it super safe, it at least feels like a larger grand universe, unlike the EU which feels like a bunch of unrelated stories featuring the star wars cast

I love the EU so much that it's difficult to put into words. The EU was my childhood in so many ways. When I was 10 years old and my mom cracked my ribs, I got my clunky old ipod and listened to audiobook recordings of the New Jedi Order series until I stopped hurting and could fall asleep. The story of Jacen Solo's rise from goofy class clown who had a crush on the redhead to brutal dictator willing to do anything for galactic peace in LotF affected me more than any story I've ever read. Just like him, I have a twin sister who's really smart and serious and strong and gets angry at me sometimes, and sometimes I used to dream that she'd murder me and put me out of my misery the way she did for Jacen. It's a terrific series of books. Jedi Apprentice, NJO, Dark Nest, and Legacy of the Force defined my childhood in ways no other work of fiction has ever managed to.

TL;DR: I'm drunk and I own like 15 EU books and checked out dozens more from the library ignore this post

>When I was 10 years old and my mom cracked my ribs, I got my clunky old ipod and listened to audiobook recordings of the New Jedi Order series until I stopped hurting and could fall asleep.

My favorites by far were the ones from after the Vong War, when Jacen turns to the dark side and sacrifices his soul for the good of the galaxy. The narrator for those books was incredible, really conveyed the emotion. Jacen was so desperate for his life to mean something, for all of his sins to somehow add up to something good, that it drove him insane and he believed he was incapable of failing. Because if he died, if he failed, what was it all for?

>"He wouldn't die. He COULDN'T. Not now."

He murders his own fucking aunt. Can you imagine that? I can't imagine hurting my aunt. She was so sweet and kind and let me stay over at her house when my mom was having one of her episodes. It must have hurt him so much to attack his own aunt, but he had to do it to save everyone.

Oh and this music was playing at the same time. I don't know about you guys, but Williams' music is what makes this whole universe really special.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

Good post

Ok kiddo keep watching children's cartoons

EU was all about headcanon. Some parts were cool. Other parts were so fucking shit you unconsciously erase them from your memories.

try and create new material with no concrete details from hack Lucas and tell me there isn't going to be some profoundly stupid shit in there.

both are equally full of stupid shit. EU looks worse because it been around longer. yet in the short amount of time Disney has pretty much caught up.

How is an otter worse than teddy bears beating the Empires finest?

All the awful stuff is seeping back in
In 5 years time the nu-eu will be just as bad as the old one

The ewoks were a callback to Yoda teaching Luke not to be quick to judge a book based on its cover.

They are still fucking stupid though

Reminder that if you actually care about Star Wars canon it is your duty to kill yourself and your entire family in order to ensure that your cancerous retard genes do not further pollute the gene pool of humanity.

What about people who care about other people's interests?

>han solo fighting a giant otter
That's the dumbest shit ever. This is why they got rid of the EU cancer. Ford only came back so that could be killed off.

Is the tartakovski cartoon not cannon ?

>The war ending as soon as Palp dies is so unrealistic its almost laughable
That's wrong in the EU and in Nu Canon

I just miss Kyle Katarn

Nope. Only the 3d one