She was pregnant. And you gunned her down

>She was pregnant. And you gunned her down.
>That's right. And you know what, you watched me. You could've turned the gun into steam, the bullets into mercury, the bottle into goddamned snowflakes but you didn't, did you? You really don't give a damn about human beings. You're driftin' out of touch, Doc. God help us all.

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ElzyT7sWfWU
youtube.com/watch?v=DLtJC3ogqNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both of them.

Dr. Manhattan
The Comedian was right

The Comedian, even if I had the power of a god I wouldn't do shit.

How would Marvel handle that scene?

By not showing it in the movie and using quips

*BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

Comedian was in the wrong for the act itself but correct in his analysis of Manhattan's actions.

Comedian is a dick, Manhattan is becoming nihilistic. Both in the wrong.

Adrian was right the whole time

>She was pregnant, and you gunned her down.
>Hey buddy it's 1986 -- Abortion is A-okay!

>How would Marvel handle that scene?

>She was pregnant. And you gunned her down.
>Spider-Man swoops in
>How is babby formed lol
>lol

>Adrian was right the whole time

dubs have spoken

Was he really in the wrong though? Did that gook really think she could just fuck him and demand he stay? As shit as it sounds, that gook should have known her place.

The pregnant woman. Why did she expect any help from a guy she barely even knew? Maybe she shouldn't have been such a slut for that foreign dick. She can't keep her legs closed so she decides to glass a cunt? lmao she's no better than charlie.

>Friend is drunk as shit
>Bitch come and says he should've worn a condom
>Starts waving gun around
>Try to calm him down without setting him off
>Turns our he's witty, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor
>Kills bitch, blames me, gf goes lesbian and shaves her head

What did Alan Moore mean by this?

The Comedian had every right to shoot the cunt who slashed at his face with glass.

>bawwww I got knocked up like a dumb Gook, I deserve to be American!

The USA is barely 55% white. One more gook might dilute the black hoard a bit.

*Leans back*

fighting the good fight

I want to get a brrap on my dickhole

Just rewatched and am i the only one who thinks the delivery was shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=ElzyT7sWfWU

It's like he instantly turns into a highschool drama student delivering a monologue. Was everyone in this bland as fuck except for Rorsharch?

the movie is shit

I'd say he was wrong to flame throw her yeah. Don't you think that he may have overreacted a touch?

Cause it was meant to be grey area but the actors took everything for black and white. Manhattan was good, not that he had to do much besides make subtle face movements.

To be fair, nobody can possibly begin to understand what it's like to be Doctor Manhattan.

He's omnipotent and not just in terms of space, but time also. He always knows what's going to happen because to him it's already happening. He sees everything, but can't change any of it. Physically it seems that he should be able to, since he can do nearly anything, but he can't. Everything happens because it must happen and you can't rely on him to stop something from happening that is going to happen anyway.

The Comedian, on the other hand, is just a malevolent asshole. Aside from that, he's just a human. Everyone knows what it's like to be human. They know what it's like to be in difficult situations and face hardships, but not everyone treats other people like the Comedian does.

The Comedian didn't have to kill that woman, but he did it anyway. Doctor Manhattan couldn't have saved her. The only reason it seems like Manhattan was in the wrong is because we can never fully understand why he can't change certain events.

>He's omnipotent
>But can't do things

Yeah, nah. Fuck off you pseudo intellectual.

This isn't pseudo intellectualism. This is one of Manhattan's traits that is established in the story.

>The only reason it seems like Manhattan was in the wrong is because we can never fully understand why he can't change certain events.

Bullshit, he could have turned the gun into steam, the bullets into mercury and the glass into god damn snow flakes.

normal humans do not murder other people for not knowing their place

a decent analysis but it fails when they have to explain how he isn't stopping ozymandias due to tachyon disruption

>not knowing their place
*attacking them with a lethal weapon

Many people kill others for that.

Yet he just stood there and watched her get gunned down
Sad!

hard to be a God

>Omnipotent
Definition of omnipotent

often capitalized : almighty 1

: having virtually unlimited authority or influence

You
Fucking
Retard

*leans back*

>mercy
>mercury

was he a pottery novice

He didn't "flame throw" her. He shot her right after she cut his face with a broken bottle.

the word you're looking for is omniscent

Both of them but the Comedian was the one that had a point, at that time Manhattan didn't gave a shit about anyone and he could have stopped him at any point.

Argue semantics if you want, but you're the one who didn't pay attention to the movie.

You
Fucking
Retard

Him and Manhattan are a same in a sense. Manhattan and his bullshit views on how he views time and the Comedian in how he views events. Comedian is meant to show how much people are willing to bend to accept horrible events. If he didn't do any of that stuff he would be just as vain as everyone else.

>Get absolutely fucking destroyed
>Be so creatively bankrupt you have to use my own insult against me

Yawn.

>Comedian was the one that had a point
he didn't though, "God shouldn't allow for bad things to happen even when it was mine and only mine actions that led to the outcome" is highschool level fedora tipping

WELL WELL WELL

better tell that to muhammad

youtube.com/watch?v=DLtJC3ogqNo
>Hello darkness my old friend starts playing

"She was pregnant, and you gunned down her alimony?"
"Yeah, I know. I just won a war and now Vietnam can be a capitalist paradise, join a feminist book club, get a six figure paycheck and support the kid with a tiger mom upbringing, sucks to be her. You feel like getting some Shwarma? I heard there's a great place in downtown Saigon."
"Asshole."
"Where I should've finished, I know."

He's not God you whiny little faux-Christian. He's an all powerful blue guy who was hanging out with his friend RIGHT THERE. He let the cunt maim Comedian and let Comedian shoot her because ????????? because he's a fucking dipshit.

I used the same insult you did because I knew you'd fucking cry about it. It appears I was not wrong.

Also, if I got "fucking destroyed", then how is it that we've determined that you are the one who completely missed a crucial plot point because you failed to pay attention?

Right you are, remembered the wrong scene sorry. Point still stands though, it's still the tiniest bit of an overreaction

When ""God"" is an overpowered 20ft tall 'human' you've spent the last few weeks / months running around vietnam with blowing up gooks with a flick of the wrist, and also lectures you on said bad things that were well within his capability to prevent, it's really not comparable the way you're suggesting.

You amuse me. I get the feeling we would be good friends.

Autism detected.

>Veidt
Objectively wrong. So much so he was begging for Manhattan's approval at the end, filled with doubt and remorse, and Manhattan basically said no. Read the graphic novel, cunts.

>Who was in the wrong here?
The Comedian. He could've just decked her really hard instead.

Manhattan losing his humanity was one of the points of this scene. He is an obvious analogy to God, come on, it's like you only see superficial meanings

>Hitting women
>Ever

Back to Sup Forums with you, cretin.

*leans back*

How would Marvel handle this scene?

>Copying my "Sad!" meme even on Sup Forums
Kys, son.

I'm talking within the context of the Comedian. He could've channeled his anger differently.
He's not exactly a rational person.

WELL WELL WELL WHAT DOOOOOO WE HAVE HERE?

Blake would've gotten beat up by the strong, capable woman.

Self doubt doesn't negate the fact that he was right however deplorable his actions might seem.

To be fair though I am a cunt who hasn't read the comic so you probably know better than me.

>Slapping a filthy gook
>Not rational

Back to tumblr, my friend.

RRREEEEEE, he could've pinned her down until she stopped raging

Say what you want about capeshit, I fucking love domino masks.

> my "Sad!" meme
hello Mr. Trump, didn't know you posted on Sup Forums

Blake would've been the one getting raped
>you're giving me that baby so Manhattan can have an epiphany later because of it and save the world and I know this because woman intuition

>people actually think Dr. Manhattan was in the wrong

If I witness a robbery, and it's in my power to stop the robbery from happening but I don't for whatever reason...it doesn't put me in the wrong for not trying to prevent it from happening nor does it somehow absolve the robber of their wrongdoing.

>Pin down the filthy gook and double knock her up

Now you're seeing things the AMERICAN way, atta boy son.

>double knock her up
is it possible to learn this power?

Did he lean back in watchmen at any point?

Not from a Jedi

I think when he was shooting up the crowd when owlman said that American dream line.

Sounds like Dr Manhattan needed an Uncle Ben to conveniently die just to make a point

But that's wrong though. Have you even read the novel? Manhattan doesn't do anything because to him, none of this matters. To him a thousand years and a second are the same thing. Why does stopping a single bullet change anything to him?

see

>Normal people let crazy women attack and maim them with glas
??????

Stopping a robbery has some associated risk. A better analogy would be you see a child drowning and could throw them a life preserver to save them. There's no risk to yourself so how can not acting be justified? The only reason you wouldn't do it is because you simply don't care if the child lives or dies which is what we see in Watchmen.

I haven't seen the movie in a while but why was Manhattan bitching about it then

Dr. Manhattan is not the one committing the crime. The point that he doesn't care about anything is irrelevant to the situation.

Does the Comedian make a good point and shows Dr. Manhattan that he's out of touch with humanity? Yes... but that still doesn't change the fact that he was wrong to kill that woman.

But what if that child would grow up to be a future member of ISIS?!

Checkmate, liberals.

she was dumb to expect good from americans

Going through the motions.

All gooks deserve to die

He really is like if an autistic person turned into a god. All they'd do it just play minecraft all day even though they could manipulate real matter.

There's no wrong doer in your analogy. Not caring enough to save someone isn't wrong though.

bitching?
Many anons are correct, this scene is simple, it's basically what it looks like - Manhattan is becoming emotionally disconnected from humanity - with the extra meanings relating to his and the Comedian's metaphorical statuses adding flavour.

The pace is different because the movie has to get to the next setpiece, whereas in the comic the pace is slower and defines the two characters. Also, Zack is a hack

if you have an obligation to society it is.

Manhattan basically gave him the confirmation that he was wrong.

They don't show this in the movie though, the last words exchanged between Veidt and Manhattan.

so he's living both moments at once? what's so cool about that?

Trump got it from me.

>show to test audiences
>all those 23 year olds can't handle it
>it gets cut
>5 years later someone posts about it on Sup Forums
>originally the comedian was shown in vietnam shooting a pregnant woman, but the test audience didn't react well to it so it was scrapped.

>so he's living both moments at once?
technically he's living every moment of his entire life at once, his focus just switches between them (as it does here)

Good Samaritan laws exist you fucking piece of shit.