Bone Tomahawk

Now that the dust has settled,is this actually worth watching?

eh its a fun little movie with some unique moments. i wouldnt rave about it but id give it a watch

Yes

Very much so

It's a cannibal exploitation flick disguised as a neo-western, and a damn fun one at that.

skip to the last 20

>cannibal exploitation flick

Dont let this guys meme you. This is just the final act, like the last 30 mins.
Most of the film it's just pure travelkino trough the western wilderness

it was a good western and a good horror movie. . If you have an appreciation for either of those genres you'll love it.

but the whole story is about a tribe of cannibals abducting people from the first scene to the end, so it kind of is.

It's a decent horrorflick. Good way to end the week with a bag of chips and some dip.

Is it on netflix? Looks like one they'd carry

It's not horror at all.

I watched it on uk NETFLIX dunno if murrica has it on there

It's a cannibal movie, that also happens to be a western.

The bad guy from Avengers is a scarry magic alien. Is that horror?

I liked it
It's a very simple cowboy movie, but it's well made

Injuns capture some people and a posse rides out to get them back

>the whole story

No, that's just the leitmotif

Stop being a faggot. That's not the same at all and you know it.

Which is better, this movie or Ravenous?

I notice they both feature the brilliant David Arquette.

You should know one scary scene doesn't make a horror movie. You are probably one of those retards that call Martyr a horror movie.

Ravenous is a little too goofy for my taste, even if it's got some cool stuff it it. I prefer Bone Tomahawk's more straightforward narrative and themes, at least for this kind of film.

well the premise is built on their encroachment of the small town of Bright Hope, so it's a bit more than a recurring theme.

This. I had very little expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely felt like it was directed by an amateur.

Amazon Primo bb

Richard Jenkins was outstanding in this. I love him so much. One of my favorite actors.

>is this actually worth watching?

Yes, yes it is.

Is it worth getting the directors cut ultra hd bluray of?

Not really.

>Kurt in lead role
>"is it worth watching?"

Why are you here?

watched it yesterday, it's a YES imo.
Got surprised by the gory scenes (in a good way)

its a weak heart of darkness except in the old west.

But even weak heart of darkness is damn fine movie

Totally shit film. Waste of time. Weird West is one of the worst genres of fiction.

webm of the blind and limbless preggo chicks?

Best horror-western since The Burrowers!

But no, it's good, solid cast but switches between disturbing and silly in a kinda bad way.

>good horror
I'd say its horror aspect was its weakest point. Good acting, directing, and narrative, decent cinematography, but then bogged down by the troglodyte exposition. Their anatomy is silly despite the film's aim at realism, and once you learn of it, the horror aspect of their calls and screams becomes laughable. The troglodyte females at the end felt forced, as if just done for a quick touch of supposed horror. And it's not explained why they go to such extremes to hunt down humans, besides "muh burial ground" trope, especially considering their small population and risks associated. And one minute they can sneak in the dark like wraiths, the other they're dumb charging animals. Force horrer, not very well thought out, but otherwise the film holds up.

Worst part was Mrs O'Dwyer at the end.

>Mrs O'Dwyer, are you okay?
>Duh of course I am, took you fucks long enough! I've been here foreeeeeeeever, whaaaat? you brought a long my poor sad cuck of a husband? how dare you!

Only part where it took me out of the movie, because she was totally not fazed by being kidnapped and seeing that guy scalped in front of her.

Very typical "womyn must be portrayed as strong" moment.
Damn shame.