Okay Sup Forums, I've seen a lot of baby boomer hate on this and other similar websites. Sup Forums, reddit, tumblR...

Okay Sup Forums, I've seen a lot of baby boomer hate on this and other similar websites. Sup Forums, reddit, tumblR...All of these websites that appeal to millenials.

And I get it, we were pretty harsh on the generation that preceded us as well, but nothing like what I am seeing here. The kind of hate I'm seeing is similar to the hate the Nazis showed the Jews before they were rounded up and summarily gassed. I want to try to stop that from happening by explaining some of the good we accomplished.

It is true, every generation has disdaid for the generations surrounding it, and ours was no different. We fought against the strict nuclear family with free love, not hate. We fought against racism by ending segregation, not by *being* racist (as so many of you seem to be). We stopped being nationalists, and understood that we are all one people.

It may not be easy for some of you to accept, but what we did was good. Can you imagine a world where Germany had never been defeated in WWII? Can you imagine a world where we launch wars against countries that don't deserve it, like Vietnam?

We were the draft dodgers. We were the free-lovers. We stopped stagflation in the 70s, and ushered in an economic boom in the 80s.

We are the baby boomers, and we deserve a bit more respect than you're giving us!

Other urls found in this thread:

dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=16&year=1975
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bait.

What?

Bait.

What does that mean?

I don't know if you're still there, but I would very much like to know what this means. Google is just giving me a map of the local bait shops.

You drained what we had left from the greedy fucks born from the greatest generation. You burned the flag and raised anarchy. You've left us with scraps, then proceed to push your hippie-Hug fest agenda, the Globalist Scam. You deserve worst then death for selling us down the hole of oblivion you fucking asshole.
Good b8, would nom again

>t. BBIDF
fuck off

you wanted to revel against your traditional parents. when i was a child you would complain about my grandparents, the great generations values, as being outdated.

fuck off and die

Calm down, sport, none of us did any of that.

First of all, we added a lot more to the economy than we took. The Great Depression didn't happen on our watch, but we certainly didn't let it happen again!

And why do you attack peace so vehemently? Would you rather have wars, wars, wars? By becoming a global society and getting rid of borders, there will no longer be any more fighting. I'd think someone with access to a computer would be able to learn this.

appreciate the bait but they are simply eternal children rebelling against their traditional parents... to this day

You killed the middle class and broke the family unit. Fuck off, getting rid of borders weakens us as a Nation, and as a people, fucking fuckbucket

>we deserve a bit more respect than you're giving us
Thanks for the bankrupt, corrupt, and partisan world you've left us. I look forward to spending the rest of my life, and my childrens lives, and their childrens lives, paying for the debt that your generation saddled mine with.

You sold us. You sold your own children. You monsters.

I have some problems with this. First of all, please show some respect to your elders. The tone of this picture is quite sarcastic.

Secondly there are still plenty of resources to go around. We have drained nothing, and in fact, added more to the world than any other generation before or since.

Third, we are not distributing wealth from younger generations to ourselves. We are simply taking out of the system what we put in. You will too when you retire.

Last, if you look around people these days are much lazier than when I was a kid. They don't play outside, don't have recess at school any more, and mooch off mom and dad instead of going out into the world and getting a job. When I was younger, I moved out at 17 after getting a job in a battery factory, and I only made $16 an hour. If I could do it, anyone else can.

Calm down, none of us did that. We simply wanted to fix what was broken, and did so swimmingly, I should say!

Please show more respect in your posts.

I do not understand what bait is supposed to mean. Is this something to do with fishing?

We did not get rid of borders. If you don't believe me, look at a map. You can clearly see borders are still there.

We did not kill the middle class. In fact, most of us have middle class lives, and have been middle class since our first jobs.

We did not break up the family unit. How do you even imagine that?

Also please, show more respect in your posts.

until this very day, I try to figure this shit out.

I'm 34, and I remember my grandparents generation very well. Telling about the war, etc. I had great great respect for them and listened intently.

Sometimes they'd say shit like the niggers ruined Detroit or that Arabs are the worst race and tell me not to deal with them.

My parents would tell me not to listen and be a good goi that they were wrong.

They had no respect for their parents who wanted to save them from degeneracy.

The boomers wanted a brave new world and rebelled...

This is my real opinion, they are children and it's time to take their toys away

maybe a joke but honestly it's not a joke, they were the worst.

We never did anything like that, and I would appreciate more respect in future postings.

If you think this world is bad, I cannot imagine how you would fare growing up in the world I grew up in. We fixed a lot of what was damaged.

We did not leave you with debt. In fact we added much more to the economy. If you want to start paying off the "debt" you seem to see, I'd recommend getting a job! ;)

"When I was younger, I moved out at 17 after getting a job in a battery factory, and I only made $16 an hour. If I could do it, anyone else can."

Okay but most people today can't just up an leave at 17. Also $16 an hour, at a factory, most people with working class jobs like that are lucky to get $10 an hour, especially so if they're 17 years old.

Fuck off you bastard of a man. You and your generation are so out of touch to how it is in the job market today.

It sounds to me like your parents were trying to keep you from the racism and nationalism of the past, and you rebelled. To me it sounds like you're the child crying about his toys, showing no respect to your parents.

Not the worst. If you want to consider ending the draft, creating Woodstock, and forming a more equal society the "worst", I don't want to see what your best is.

The negative feelings about your generation are simply recipricated from you.

Millenials are shat on at a constant rate but the truth is this: throught all human history there has been only one generation. We would all grow and act the same under the same circumstances. We're all selfish pricks no matter what age bracket you fit into. When you lookdown on us it only spurs us to look at your flaws and frankly on close inspection you've offered almost nothing good to the world.

Your whole idea of peace and prosperity was fake. A perception of reality that bloomed out of ignorance of the repercusions of your actions. You act like somehow your past wars have lead to a time of peace but thats so fucking false its depressing. We've been in constant war for 15 years. We're in 3 right now. We certainly didn't lead our country here. I was 9 on 9/11. It wasn't me or my generation that declared war on any person fitting the variable term of terrorist in any country willing to harbor them.

Please just fuck off. You don't deserve our respect anymore than we deserve yours.

I was respecting the wishes of my grandparents, listening to them and treating them with dignity

something I never saw the boomers doing, forever complain about muh mias and pows

Anyone can move out any time they want. I kicked my son out at age 17, and he's able to live by himself by working 3 jobs in the city. It's not hard.

Also you seem to severely underestimate the average wages today. Inflation has risen, and so too have wages.

We honestly need to gas boomers and repossess all of their assets.

Fucking kikes are hoarding up all the good waterfront properties.

/thread

>plenty of resources - which you started wars and installed corrupt governments to obtain instead of searching for alternative solutions, the fallout of which has resulted in a powder keg like situation for the next waring of civilizations
>factory - which you moved most of over seas destroying my chance to work as you did
>moved out at 17 - must've been easy before you created then popped the housing bubble
>16$/hr job at an entry level position straight out of high school, which assuming you began work in 1975 adjusted for inflation = 72$/hr

Please, show more respect in any future postings. The world is a tough place, and we did the best we could to make it better. It sounds like we are being crucified for not being perfect.

Well, I'd challenge you to see how much better you could do!

Also nice trips

Top kek. 7/10

Vietnam was a hellish and terrible war. I was never drafted, so I do not know for sure, but some of my buds had to dodge the draft. Did you see people dodging in WWII? No? WWII was bad, I'm not saying it wasn't, but Vietnam was much worse; otherwise there would have been more draft dodging in WWII.

Whoa! Try not to use that kind of language!

Additionally this is what I'm talking about. The youth today seems intent on soiling our good name, to the point of having violent tendencies.

Yes but with inflation comes less buying power. Everything adjusts to inflation, so you get higher prices along with higher wages.

Boomers then: fuck vietnam! Peace, love l, and changing the immigration law and let in millions of non whites

Boomers now: son join the army, immigration is an act of love, I don't see the big deal with gay marriage, remember son love thy nigger

Boomers are cancer

God bless you user

Some of your facts feel a bit misleading. We didn't do any of the horrible stuff you accuse us of; that was all the politicians. We were content to simply work and keep to ourselves for the most part. However we did fix many inequalities in society. None of us bothered much with the politics of finances.

Anyway that $72/hr figure is way off. I don't think I made that much.

Hope your kids put you in a nursing home ran by non whites so you can experience the diversity. Then I hope your kids blow your life savings on heroin.

Exactly. So the wages have risen as well. It should be rather easy to get a well paying job these days. Easier, in fact, than when I was your age, since you can search for them with the internet.

yeah because fighting the japs aka Bataan death march was a cakewalk? you didn't want to go because you had been raised in a very selfish and privileged time, you felt entitled.

what's worse is that you started to believe the American propaganda bullshit about freedom and liberty.

That's what finally ended the Soviets when they started to believe their own bullshit

Calm down with the racism, please. We fought so hard to end this, and the least you could do is respect the ground we won in this fight.

We are not cancer. We are the solution. We only encourage our youth to join the military because so many of them are much less motivated than we were, and if it gets them out of the house and forging their own life, so be it!

Did you ever have to work 3 jobs to maintain a home for yourself? Inflation has risen far more than wages since your glorious 1970's. You say that we need to "go get jobs", but lots of you refuse to retire and hold on to the good paying positions until the day you croak. You expect us to work for about half of what you earned at 17 until we reach our fifties so you can hold on to your high paying position and put your work off on the younger people in your office because you "don't understand computers so well." We have had to pay 600 times what your generation paid for a college degree so that baby boomer administrators can enjoy 6 figure salaries. We're tired of being stuck with the check for your free ride.

That's pretty hateful!

I won't be going to a nursing home, because between what I have saved for retirement, as well as the pension I get from the government, I will be more than able to hire someone to take care of me in my own house; assuming minimum wage isn't increased *again*.

My children would never do drugs.

>that was all the politicians - which you elected
>claiming you performed ritious acts to make the world a better place, then in a different post claim "we were just content to work"
>claiming to fix inequalities by swinging the pendulum in the other direction and damning the children of own race for acts committed by earlier generations instead of truly fixing them by promoting an egalitarian society
>claiming to have benefited the world on social issues which is directly involved in politics at the same time ignoring the financial crisis they put their children in, and after saying that "it was the politicians"

Here's the website I used to calculate the inflation: dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=16&year=1975

Again yes the wages are up, but so are prices.

For example lets say that in 2005 you got 10 dollars an hour. Then lets say groceries cost 100 dollars. Now lets say its 2015 and inflation has gone up. Now your wage is 13 dollars yes but since the prices have to be adjusted so the store can make money back, groceries now total around 130 dollars.

Its basic econ.

I most certainly am not entitled! I worked hard for every penny I earned, and I thank you to respect that!

No, WWII was not a cakewalk, but compare the number of draft dodgers of Vietnam to those of WWII. Vietnam had way more, meaning it was a much worse war. It's simple math.

>first job
>middle class
life on easy mode

This is SOOOOOOO bait. Obvious troll is obvious.

Boomers gave you this privileged life, so I thank you not to say we have a free ride! We had to fight relentlessly to get those jobs, and you can too!

As for 3 jobs, it's not the Boomer's fault that some people cannot handle their expenses. Blaming others is a sure sign of failure. Most of what's wrong with our country today stems from the fact the youth do this so often.

No WW2 was a worse war. It's just that WW2 had a purpose, there was a goal. Vietnam didn't. It was a pointless war over a strip of jungle in the third world that had no actual value to it other than "fightin' the commies".

I worked in 1969, and there's no way I made $106 an hour. The website you provided is false.

Also please stop blaming others for your problems.

And there is much more wealth these days. We never had fancy computers like you do!

And to add onto this please go to a nursing home, so when I find you and unplug your life support and whisper into your ear as you draw tou dying breath, "No YOUR generation relies too much on technology."

Much harder than you think. We actually had to *work*.

I wish you would tell me what bait is. I am tired of seeing that word.

That is true, and proves we had it much harder.

I believe kids are the ones reliant on it. You never see any millenials taking vacations to Europe or Cascadia like I did when I was their age. Instead their noses are stuck in their phones, and they spend every waking hour online.

they had to show strength and check ruski aggression. ruski would still be fucking the world if the great generation wouldnt have stopped them.

boomer: "i don't wanna die, don't wanna do it" because they wanted to watch more jewtube

then later so they could facilitate more jewtube watching and excesses they had no problem sending their children to Iraq while they purchased second homes to default on

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Regardless, none of us wanted to fight in the war because there were plenty of others to fight it instead. Additionally some of us were trying to dismantle capitalism for a more equal society, and saw the Soviets as our friends.

It means you posted this thread to get a reaction out of people, as opposed to posting this thread for real discussion.

Also, you are a shill.

Why did you post here to begin with? Were you assuming that other boomers would rally to your side and make you feel justified? Because you're obviously not here to make an argument or have a discussion. You're ignoring every point that we make here with responses that boil down to "hey that's not my problem" or "shut up and deal with it".

Your posts all contradict each other, saying in one that you've gone out of your way to do so much to benefit the world while in the other saying that you were just content to work. Saying in one post that you (as a generation) did not concern yourselves with the politics of finance (which is completely inexcusable, and is part of the reason why we find ourselves with the financial problems of today) then in several other post "correcting" us about "basic econ".

Nothing you have said today is of value, to any of us. You deny problems that we face today are worse than what you experienced while being ignorant to what it's like to be a young adult in 2016; or you just completely deny their existence all together. Even worse, the issues you can't ignore you say you (as a generation) had no involvement in. Where do you think they came from? The sky?

Leave this thread, leave this board. You are here, just as you are in real life: self centered, ignorant and pointless. Anhero

As the child of BB, you destroyed the security and economy with your hippie throwback failures.

You disgraced Vietnam vets.

You destroyed and hogged pensions to make them unsustainable for future generations.

We are paying your social security that your generation raided in SS funds!

You began the epidemic of VD with your free love insanity.

I just want to stop all the Boomer hate that is seemingly so popular as of late.

I simply want to try and garner some love for the list of accomplishments we gave the world, and try to dissolve some of the hate toward my generation I have seen as of late.

>boomers claiming that they were the ones who stopped germany in ww2
WEW
E
W

The irony is that so many boomers were all about collection, and a liberal policy of Obama's Obamacare just might be your demise.

You're only going to make it worse. This thread is only going to bring the negative out. Especially with your attitude and tone.

Why don't you instead compile something factual. Maybe little things like a graph or a fact here and there, bit by bit that show the good your generation brought about.

Anytime I see the word 'hate' I automatically think that person is an idiot. There's a rhyme behind the reason.

None of that is true. Vietnam vets *are* Baby Boomers. We did not destroy and hog pensions...I should know, I'm collecting them! ;)

And VD has been around since prehistoric times.

Bait - like being baited into doing something. Behaving in a manner in which you/someone in general normally wouldn't to get a reaction. This is synonymous with trolling.

Anhero from the post earlier btw means commit suicide, which I highly suggest you do.

Ho-hum bait, 4/10. Anything below 6 requires you to gas yourself. Get busy.

The Civil Rights movement? Woodstock? The Middle Class?

All Boomers. Do I need facts and numbers for that?

>VD has been around since prehistoric times

What does that have to do with the epidemic?

Kill yourself OP

Suicide is a coward's way out.

>Do I need facts and numbers for that?

It would be a start.

Boomers were not around in the prehistoric era of Man

There are a lot of people requesting my suicide! Honestly, if this passes for typical behavior here, this website needs to be shut down. What if a child found his way here?

Then it makes sense for you, doesn't it, faggots?

Gibberish.

And it's all true. Your liberal philosophies are why the world is on fire today.

You encouraged feminism.

You glorified drug use.

And your generation DID put venereal diseases on steroids!

The WWII generation, your parents, my grandparents fought to survive, while you repelled against your parents to be so anti-establishment to the point of anti-american.

Your generation created the "Blame America First" crowd.

If you did not make pensions unsustainable...where did they all, go? Riiiight, they are reserved for those working for the big red machine in government.

An epidemic of something has no bearing on the time period when VD originated.

>this website needs to be shut down

HERE IT IS EVERYONE!

This is why we hate boomers.

Quit responding to an obvious bait thread and sliding valid topics.

It is not cowardly to dodge a draft you disagree with. Vietnam did not personally benefit me.

Not anti-establishment...

*As you repelled against your parents being so anti-establishment and anti-military...you were un-american

If you wanted to do that then maybe you should have done something worth note. Woodstock was just a big festival where you made it ok to do drugs, fuck and play in the mud in public. You did not create the middle class, your parents did when they came home. That means Civil rights is all you've got, which isn't worth much on pol.

Pensions have been privatized somewhat, so that taxes can be lowered. I got mine, however.

Bait

Think of what would happen if a child came here, and killed themselves. Don't you think your attitudes have been a little antisocial?

>valid topics

You mean the 20 brexit threads or the 5 German shooter threads?

Too bad.

Sounds just like my cry-baby father. "I got mine".

Which is why you are hated, you only were out to save your own skin, no duty to preserve and maintain for the future.

If one silver lining in Obama's ACA...is that you need some medical procedure, and the death panel denies you...that would be JUST!

a 50 to 70 year old child made his way here obviously

don't you have more of our wealth to be squandering on frivolities?

Woodstock was a celebration of freedom and life. It was the answer to the repressive way our parents acted and treated us. Woodstock was where we broke out of our shell and emerged as a new voice in the country. It was much more than just the drugs and sex!

>40 posts by this ID
Kill yourself already you old faggot