Do you guys want a new Death Grips record?

Do you guys want a new Death Grips record?

eh

im pretty burnt out on dg at the moment but sure

not especially

I want that haircut

Would be cool

No, it's mine.

it would be nice but if much prefer the solo work of mc ride

Come and take it

frankly i never specially liked death grips, it's surpising to me how they are so well liked on this board

I'm going through fucking gripspill withdrawals
NEW ALBUM FUCKING WHEN???

Why don't you support rock music?

It's two sides: People who obnoxiously love Death Grips, and people who obnoxiously hate Death Grips.

Only if Ministry isnt on it

Word on the street is that the new album will pretty much be >muh fuck drumph amirite?
The tour with Ministry was not just based on star-power, it also relied on radical left-wing politics, something Death Grips were hinting since 2012 I believe. Albeit they never dabbled in political talk, it seems that this year we'll be getting a way more politically charged Death Grips, like, miles ahead.
They still haven't announced the official release date, but will probably come out after a week or two after the Ministry album, and in a way, will be like a companion record to AmeriKKKant, both on the production and lyrical side of things.

> they haven't dabbled in political talk
what.

DG are going to make a political record but it wont be in your face "FUCK DRUMPF" like ministry, it'll be their brand of cryptic lyrics and subtlety

>mfw Amerikkkant (stupid as fuck title) has a song about Sup Forums on it

You better be fucking wrong.
If you're right, better be fucking right

Yep
Rumors that Zach H plays on some tracks, maybe that one

YES FUCK PLEASE.
I can't even start to imagine what their collab with Justice Yeldham produced.

do you really think death grips would make a song that is just "fuck trump hes orange nazi fuck" like eminem? no, theyre going to put effort into it.

Or it will just be Ride singing incomprehensible chants over accordions and harps while Zach plays the triangle

that would be so gay. if true i hope it isn't the same kind of whiny teenage angsty LARPer shit like jpegmafia

And it'll be Sup Forumscore

Honestly would love to see zach just go to town on a triangle live

Face it man, with the way the political climate is and with the nutcase we have running the country, people are going to make records about it. This isn't normal, artists are going to express their thoughts about what's going on.

That's cool and all and hey bro I hate trump too, corporate pig racist and all, but I don't want to listen to an album that's just 45 minutes of someone complaining about politics, even if it is Death Grips. I could turn on the news for that.

I'd pay good money to see that
Death Grips are supposed to be above that petty bullshit. I thought they didnt give a fuck about nothing, just being wild n crazy

Why would anyone want the Bends era Thom cut.

Because that was the best Radiohead era

no

Best era was the 60s, when Thom could actually be happy

Fake News

(If it isn't I will kill myself.)

yeah dude it would be fucking epic if stefan screamed about diversity and orange hair on a song instead of hermeticism. he should get david hogg to do a verse on one of their gun control songs that would be sick brah

Implying the ever gave a fuck about the """ issues""" of your meme country

"I'm not into surface reality that much" - Stefan

o o f

yes pls

Please God this

I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who listens to them, and especially those who praise them. Here's why:

Name 20 successful people that listen to them. Pop basically runs the show when it comes to music. This includes artists like Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik, Adele, Katy Perry, Beyonce et al. Pop has artists making significant contributions to the entire music industry.

Death Grips on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from teenage angst with each album. They then lay basic synths and a joke of a rapper over it. It generally lags behind pop by a mile or two in inventiveness. I never hear their music in shops or mentioned by anyone over the age of 25.

So tell me again, how exactly do Death Grips innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing with Death Grips.

Yes, Death Grips is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever start making "music". This is fine, and what music is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.

What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Death Grips fans. They seem to think Death Grips is responsible for all that is good in the music world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Death Grips fans (virgins, teenagers, and manchildren) are much less helpful than the alternative.

If you want nice pop, listen to Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift. If you like rock, Tame Impala. If you prefer, Drake or Kendrick Lamar. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Death Grips!

kanye loves death grips try again

listen to yeezus

bowie liked them too

When I was 13, I thought Death Grips were just le screaming black man meme

Then I really listened, and realized they were the freshest group of the 2010s and perhaps even 2000s

nice meme fucking faggot

kanye doesnt know them, it was mostly the other producers on yeezus. look it up.

(You)

>instead of hermeticism

Shit that sounds interesting, I really need to listen to their later albums now.

Magick/Occultism is fascinating.

the artist you just posted is super fuck drumph, so why does it only bother you with dg?

wasnt black quarterback supposed to be political but in a really abstract and cryptic way

about as suprising as a trap rapper liking drugs

“successful”
well, maybe not fucking famous or rich or have sold a million records, but some people I respect like Haxan Cloak, Nicolas Jaar, Dedekind Cut, Yoshimio of Boredoms, Lizzi Bougatsos of Gang Gang Dance

Wow, i can understand classical or jazz fags championing said music since there is some merit to those genres but you doing the same for pop is just sad. All of those pop acts wont be relevant in the next 20 years because that's all pop is. Garbage in, garbage out. The music industry is dying and it'll probably become even more irrelavent as time goes on. I understand people not liking DG, but jesus christ...

is this a copypasta?

yes, an old pasta. i dont know why people are falling for this.

>TV5/Sup Forums

God I thought you were joking or it was some song about general internet culture

Closest to politically charged their music got was Klink and Black Quarterback, but two songs out of their entire repertoire tells me they aren't exactly fans of that style. Their music has always focused more on personal struggle, and while the group have some pretty liberal views on sexuality and are anti-religion, I can't see them doing a full FUCK DRUMPF AMIRIGHT album, or even a song. They've always been above the petty politics.

if they want to end their careers, then so be it.