What is this stance trying to convey?

What is this stance trying to convey?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYFZnZq0DWk
youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That if you have a lightsaber you don't need to pay for a haircut

>not knowing soresu form
Luke, did I ever tell you about soresu? Form III, also known as Soresu, the Way of the Mynock, or the Resilience Form, was the third of the seven classic forms of lightsaber combat that was recognized by the Jedi Council prior to and during the Clone Wars. Soresu was developed during the widespread emergence of blasters as an offensive weapon. Essentially a development on Form I blast-deflect training, Soresu relied on tight bladework and subtle dodges to provide maximum defensive coverage, minimizing exposure to ranged weaponry. Over time, Soresu transcended this basic origin, and came to be considered the ultimate expression of non-aggressive Jedi philosophy.

Like Makashi, Soresu relied on economy of motion and energy efficiency, keeping up constant blade-movement to build up momentum and minimize energy-expenditure. Form III focused on strong defensive technique to essentially outlast an opponent, waiting until he/she began making mistakes due to frustration or fatigue, before taking advantage of these lapses and countering. However, despite its effectiveness, Soresu would receive heavy criticism due to its lack of offensive capabilities, as it facilitated survival rather than victory. As an answer to these weaknesses, the highly aggressive Ataru and Shien forms would be developed side-by-side.

Is tgis what they call the gun kata?

It conveys that he's the only actor putting an effort into his performance

thats the dindu form.

>Form III focused on strong defensive technique to essentially outlast an opponent, waiting until he/she began making mistakes due to frustration or fatigue, before taking advantage of these lapses and countering.
>Obi Wan waited for Anakin to make a wrong move
>even warned him that he had the high-ground
>instantly cut down by a killer Soresu Counter
Damn this is so deep

>it was a good form

>defensive
>stick your arm right out for someone to lop off

POETRY

What's the cumskin form?

That the Trade Federation should watch it

Holy shit!

>Soresu relied on economy of motion and energy efficiency, keeping up constant blade-movement to build up momentum
Ah.

Immovable Object vs. Unstoppable Force, Obi and Anakin's styles were literally the opposite, in that gif you see how they're trying to counter each other in a infinite loop of possibilities

It's like the Leicester City of Lightsaber fighting.

this is now canon since form 3 is mentioned in Rebels

why do people on this website shit on this in general? they're near equal doing the same movies like i dont get it. the same happens in the princess bride

Nigga calm your shit. I like episode III and the fight.

soresu was a good friend

>the same happens in the princess bride

Because it looks stupid, like they're at a rave that only they showed up to.

Though the idea that they'd use the same defensive move as if in anticipation of the other's attack does sound like pottery.

kek

What form is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=uYFZnZq0DWk

>Vader uses the same technique he's teaching back when he was Anakin

It rhymes

When he was a Jedi, he used Djem So, a power based form. 5, I think.

It's not really anything after he falls though, the forms only apply to Jedi fighting styles and the way light side fighters relate to the force, not sith.

Fun fact: I did this pose at my best friend's 11th birthday, it was star wars-themed, we went to see ep 3 in theaters, and there were a bunch of toy lightsabers.

I cringe at the memory, but at the same time it's a happy memory.

Djem So. It's a more aggressive/"dark side" version of Form V, that emphasizes physical strength and using the deflection of blaster bolts as its own weapon. It was practically tailor made for Anakin, even when defending it was aggressive.

Not necessarily. Dooku used Form II even after falling, because it was a very traditional "fencing" sort of style. Many Jedi, including some of those he eventually murdered, laughed at him for using such an archaic fighting style.

"The Sith are gone," they said, "why are you wasting your time learning lightsaber vs lightsaber combat?".

But yeah, for the most part Sith are outside of the boundaries of the forms. Like Bane used a style tangentially related to Form V, but the way he went about using it was so extreme that it was really its own thing. Just relied on using sheer power to obliterate anything in his path, like a lightsaber-wielding Mike Tyson.

how did Dooky lose to anakin then?

It began as Form V, Djem So - which was itself an evolution of Shien (which emphasized defense against blasters) - but Vader was forced to modify and hybridize his form after donning his suit, which proved to be unwieldy and cumbersome.

Does Anakin kill Ahsoka at some point or what happens to her?

dual wielding

Not only he doesn't look at all like Anakin he also doesn't have his clothes. Also his lightsaber is fucking big.

Great Question! Dooku had superior technique, perhaps the greatest of any living lightsaber user. However, it did have a very simply weakness. All of Form II's clever one-handed parries and deflections will not save you when you're faced with a human hurricane like Anakin. Try to deflect all you want, it doesn't help when he can practically knock your lightsaber out of your hand with one strike.

To continue this boxing analogy, imagine if Floyd Mayweather tried to fight Mike Tyson. Mayweather has superior technique, he can duck, he can dodge, he can rain jabs all over you. But that won't save him from Tyson, because a single punch is all it takes to knock him out. The same thing happens with the Dooku-Anakin fight. It's all Dooku can do to even hang on to his lightsaber once Anakin gets angry.

Or to use another, more famous boxing analogy, think of the famous Foreman vs Frazier fight ("down goes Frazier!"). Frazier was an incredibly clever boxer, good enough to beat Muhammad Ali. But Foreman quite simply did not give a shit. He just pummeled Frazier into oblivion.

Which form is the one where Yoda does all his cartoony useless somersaults?

She fights him in a sith temple on a sith planet, she survives and is seeing entering the temple
>Inb4 she's going to fall into the dark side
She's the only Jedi in history to be able to purify dark side objects and also she's the waifu of the executive produce of both Clone Wars and Rebels, I doubt she's going to die soon, I wouldn't be surprised even if she survives till The Force Awakens and even beyond

Form IV, aka "Ataru". It's a style that emphasizes acrobatics, and the use of the force to make up for physical deficiencies. This was Qui-Gon's style, and it was also Obi-Wan's style up until Episode I, where he recognized its weaknesses and decided to focus on a more defensive way of fighting.

Anakin use his anger to fuel his power in battle

> maximum defensive coverage
> blade nowhere near to what it's supposed to cover

dude fuck off Ani vs. Obi (Ep. III) was kino

Neat.

I think that's because Ewan was pissing about on set and they decided to keep that stance, and the EU spergs had to do some mental gymnastics to cover it.

Nah, it's not what it looks like. The Jedi all have precognition, remember? So Obi-Wan isn't moving his blade to what protects his body at the moment, he's already moving to where the attack will be in a second or two. That's what allows so many Jedi, and above all Obi-Wan, to deflect shots from multiple enemies at once. He literally knows where the next shot will be coming from, and as long as there aren't too many of them, he can block all of them.

Lol, now that I think about it I'm basically doing what this user said This is the foundation of the entire EU. Us weirdos doing mental gymnastics to justify the goofiness in the movies.

It would be neat if she appeared in the big screen. I hated the character but it kinda grew on me.

They had a duel on Malachor in Rebels but because Ahsoka is the showrunner's waifu, he pussied out on making it explicit whether she lived or died and pulled the "it's up to your own personal interpretation" card

>it's up to your own personal interpretation
What? you clearly see her walking inside the temple after the fight, dead people don't walk

I'm really starting to come around on the cartoons, mostly because they're probably better than any live action we'll see from here on. Wookieepedia says average lifespan is 94 years, so she'd be in her mid 60s by TFA.

get laid you fucking nerds

>What? you clearly see her walking inside the temple after the fight, dead people don't walk
that was Vader not Ahsoka

she was left ambiguous

>Vader
Vader is not orange with a white dress and white horns

youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo

The only ambiguous part was if she was walking down stairs, or if she collapsed.

You sure showed them

>only the sith doubts these dubs!

tfw played TORtanic and know this.