Daily - angry music > sad music edition

I made a thread can I be apart of the daily chart now

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/tenniscoats/バイババビンバ_baibaba_bimba/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/rise_of_the_northstar/welcame/
pastebin.com/4xUyKuJN
youtube.com/watch?v=kuWqlqBo-D8
uvm.edu/~aivakhiv/Atomic-Land.m4a
ftarri.com/meenna/986dvd/index.html
kevincoleman.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=Yt57ICfRvvM
composition.umwblogs.org/author/sshaikh/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/steven_osborne/vingt_regards_sur_lenfant_jesus/
youtu.be/zHP4BD54DLY
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ゲルニカ/改造への躍動__kaizo_e_no_yakudo__f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nikhil-banerjee/afternoon-ragas-bhimpalasri-multani/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jackie-mclean/its-time/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bishopboy
>VitoJames
>theblueraccoon
>ellipsoid
ugh

who what now?

>sideyron
>richardwiggins
>stuffrodheardafteraugust
>oilslickleviathan
pls

>grouping oilslick with rod
>oilslick and rod not being on the direct opposite ends of the rym sociopolitical spectrum

(sorry about my old reviews i'll mass unpublish them someday)

nvm, use instead this one is shit

>Velocifish
>DocPerkins
>theloserof08
>xenakis
:)

hey fuck you man

anybody got a dl for this by chance?
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/tenniscoats/バイババビンバ_baibaba_bimba/

it was on deezer before that went to shit
I have their live album, if you want

>TheBungler
>paganinio
>EmptyVessel
>VeteranofthePsychicWars
>_natkingcole_
Stop.

Thanks but I'm only looking for that specific release (because it's on Hibari)

>angry better than sad
its all the same in the grave

hard > fast

The classic Platonic Forms of Hard, Fast, Angry, and Sad exist in harmony.

now that we all agree, why aren't you listening to Laugh Tracks?

This is actually unironically a metalcore album I would recommend

when are the hard/fast tourney results coming in?

I'll just give you the win

cool, what did i win

you can choose an album that I listen to

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/rise_of_the_northstar/welcame/
you're welcame.

*dabs*

*sits down and regrets dabbing*

>tfw one of my favorite users clears out all his ratings of obscure electronic albums
Why ~sequencejacob, why

jabz

dabsical

why so dead

If you don't put the / in the title then I can't find it in the catalog and you waste 2 seconds of my time pls don't ty

New stealth Nicolas Jaar album is p groovy

Reminds me I need to properly get into Jaar's discography

make chart d ont finhish it

hee

aw hell yea

space is only noise is great if you haven't heard it yet

I transcribed the spoken part of the lyrics from the last song on Blue Gene Tyranny's Out of the Blue because I expectedly couldn't find them anywhere online. The sung parts not included because some of the lines during them are too obscured by the instrumental to make out properly and I couldn't get it accurate enough to be worth adding but the letter portion of the song is there. There are a few typos in there. 1,601 words.

pastebin.com/4xUyKuJN

Letov, man, what happened? The first Svitlana Nianio album was so good!

>Baпняки пiд гoлим нeбoм - Baпняк пiд гoлим нeбoм (1991)
What a janky album. It’s super hit-or-miss. And at an hour and a half, there’s plenty of room for missing.

Baritone Bob Dylan doing post-punk lite? Oh boy. Songs where the musicians lose the plot and start playing different songs over one-another? Yes please. Klezmer and polka-inspired wank? Sign me up. Janky romps that don’t actually have any energy or emotion? Give it here, Malfoy, before I knock you off your broom.

I’m probably being too harsh because occasionally they’ll come up with a pretty cool idea or two. Half of the time then though, they manage to muck it up by the end of any given track.
>5+/10

>Svitlana Nianio - Китицi (1999)
She has such a graceful, beautiful voice, but the peculiar compositions and their accompaniments here can be a bit tacky. And there are pieces that really work well, but they get buried in the hour+ runtime. I should really try her other album with Alexander Yurchenko.
>6/10

Post it on Genius or something, for posterity

Also, been meaning to check out this record.

listening to it as we speak

>Also, been meaning to check out this record.
it's a very, very special one. One of the very few I would spend an hour playing and pausing every five seconds to type down a line from and then going back ten seconds to hear it again to make sure I got it right.

likewise I'm listening to AAL and loving it

TVU&N outtakes

Now what is TISHKSCNFYR supposed to mean?

I searched "xanopticon vinyl" on yt so I could make a shit post in /bleep/ and found this
youtube.com/watch?v=kuWqlqBo-D8
holy shit

epic fishmans...

Space Shower 1 is garbage and only really worth your time if you’re me. And you’re probably not. I’m only about 20 minutes into SS2 and it’s already marginally better, even though they’re comparatively weak performances of some of these songs.

SS2 has:
•A space shower live set
•”Looking for Long Season” documentary
•Long Season The Video ~Quiet Version~ (*jangle/sdc/transgod voice* “does that mean the video doesn’t have the song bc that’d be better hurr”)

SS3 has:
•Sound and Vision 193-196 (Music videos for UNS I assume?)
•Walking in the Rhythm Liquid Room video

I think YT has some small snippets from SS2, mainly from “Finding Long Season” otherwise it’s all new footage. In the first set on SS2 shinji is dressed like a five year old and I am *clap* here *clap* for *clap* it

I’ll rip and upload them sometime this weekend.

y-yes

First two S. Nianio albums that are on the internet were done with Yurchenko, a very eccentric and mysterious musician who played in fucking every weird Ukrainian band in the 90s. The one she made with Koka Records was done with traditional musicians. She also has a bunch of albums that have yet to be uploaded, including a bunch of purely solo efforts, something with Taras Moroz (avant-garde guitarist), something with two weird jazz dudes from Poland, and something with Tamila Mazur (avant-garde violin player).

Did you at least find Aтoмний Кpaй to be GOAT? Here's the fixed version of it if you got a broken copy uvm.edu/~aivakhiv/Atomic-Land.m4a

ftarri.com/meenna/986dvd/index.html

Just ordered a copy of this. Really excited.
I'll be ripping the files if anybody would be interested. (It contains performances by Keiji Haino and Otomo Yoshihide)

Hey everybody I recorded an album of american primitive guitar songs I wrote
check it out----> kevincoleman.bandcamp.com/releases

GRRRRRRR AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=Yt57ICfRvvM

Rate this hoe

faggit

quality posts

Bookmarking for tomorrow or so

Calling someone else a fag while having this taste?

WHAT

i am very interested!

>kevincoleman.bandcamp.com/releases
ah fuck yeahhhhhhh

that cover is fantastic
oooh shit nice
the 5.0 doesn't have at least 3 beatles albums and the 0.5 doesn't have at least 10 justin bieber singles

does
was
food

>Graham Lambkin / Taku Unami - The Whistler
Pretty good selection from both artists. If you're familiar with either, you kinda know what you're getting. Lambkin's side was more interesting to me, which i've been told is a fairly controversial take. i'm partial to the sound of windchimes. i also like it's movement. you understand it as an exploration of a garden, accompanied/haunted by a character who is likely the titular whistler. it seems like a fairytale up until the last track abruptly transitions into an extremely urban interior landscape. both sides do work together very well, though. unami's trademark high-art jumpscares are as prominent as ever. i might like it more if the bottom didn't have a thin white bar like this is a 2015 vapordrone album.

>Лeoнид Фёдopoв - Лилoвый дeнь
really interesting to hear such blunt sampling, especially with its loose relation to the bard music that makes up most of the record. gives me hope that one day music and podcasts will morph into one and i will never have to leave the house again.

>Sour Gold Cicadas - I Hate Myself and I Don't Know What I Want
this was released by a polish producer, and to be fair it probably sounds a lot better if you don't know what the samples are saying. don't let your friends sample filthy frank. it's not worth it.

>Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II
yeah that's some fuckin ambient music

>Buckethead - Pike 13
grainy pictures of cute middle aged couples with no text seem to consistently spawn really nice albums. my first exposure to the bucketman. i had heard track 6 was going to be great but man it's really really great. the least bored i've been by an ambient guitar noodle album in a while. will check out electric tears soon.

speaking of guitar noodling yr album is really nice triangle. on the last track rn.

boomp

also WHAT SHOULD I LISTEN 2 NEXT
BEEN IN A SAD MOOD SO WOULD LIKE SOMETHING EITHER REALLY HAPPY OR REALLY SAD TO FLOW WITH IT

>speaking of guitar noodling yr album is really nice triangle. on the last track rn.

fela kuti!

>yeah that's some fuckin ambient music
lmao

oh yeah you asked for that before i think! will get on it soon. thanks~

blamp

Triangle, do you still have the link to that collection of crazy outsider music recorded by the guy from your cumblogs you shared like a year ago? I've been thinking about that. There's a market. Legitimately considering paying this other out-there guy I know to do a full-length record lol.

Olatunji Concert gets better the more i listen to it, its such a perfect ending to the discography.

you just know

>collection of crazy outsider music
hmmm I can't recall what you're referring to, do u remember anything else about it?
genre maybe?

Guy from your radio program I think. No genre per se, it was extremely amateur, country-ish. You said this guy was really weird and sexist and was universally hated there.

OHHH fuck lmao
yeah I remember now haha

that dude is a music major. everytime I think about that I can't help but smile

I'll do some digging but idk if I'll be able to find it

Yeah that was an actual mindfuck. Ill search the archive later as well.

found it
composition.umwblogs.org/author/sshaikh/

holy shit this is even better than I remember
dude is a huge narcissist. thinks he's an amazing musician

Lmaooo there's new material.

This is heady. A normal person who's heard music at some point in their life doesn't just come up with a song like "My freinds have never been that mad." This reminds me of Kenneth Higney - Attic Demonstration. I might email Paul Major

>"My freinds have never been that mad."
lmao I'm pretty sure that song was written about my friend who snapped at him for being an asshole last semester

My sweet escape is basically Beefheart

@Jangle where the fuck can I find this rateyourmusic.com/release/album/steven_osborne/vingt_regards_sur_lenfant_jesus/
it's the last thing I have to listen to for this round damnit

he think he jandek tmbg beefheart

>You’ve seen nice little girls cry all the time
>Babies always make me feel high
>But an old soul that know how to break all the rules is what keeps me kool

Kill me

Nobody's acknowledged this mindfuck: youtu.be/zHP4BD54DLY

that is the closest he will ever get to true artistry

>babies make me feel high

Oh come on, you all love Solid Space but don't like this? Bullshit on you posers.

I refuse to believe this person's a music major holy shit

that blog was made for a composition class

Why, aren't you big into the avant-garde's yourself?

Search 'Messiaen vingt regards" on soulseek and scroll down until you find the version where the first song (Regard du Pere) is 8m11s long

soy is short for progressive electronic

holee fuck just realized you included singles
thanks.

five places left y'all

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ゲルニカ/改造への躍動__kaizo_e_no_yakudo__f1/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nikhil-banerjee/afternoon-ragas-bhimpalasri-multani/

Michael Hurley - Armchair Boogie

Andrew Hill - Compulsion!!!!!

no need to be so excited

Mouse On Mars - Varcharz

The exclamation marks are *very* important
Just be lucky I didn't rec this rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jackie-mclean/its-time/

>tfw listen to Specials for the first time
>its literally Asda advert music