Everything that is Atlanta United

>everything that is Atlanta United

Has finally America found to enjoy soccer (football, divegrass, call it whatever you want) their way?

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZznDyd4Tiw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TnvlofC83yM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Notice how pretty much all the fans are white.

This is quite remarkable considering that
>Atlanta is the 4th largest black-majority city in the United States and has long been known as a "black mecca" for its role as a center of black wealth, political and social power, education, and culture including film and music.
>As of 2014, around 54% of Atlanta's population is African-American.

Finally the white minority in Atlanta has dropped the mainstream black American sports and started following a white sport, good for them.

Was going to say the same thing.Why are they all white?Are they not embracing the beautiful black community in Atlanta?Sounds incredibly racist and problematic.

Ironically I'm sure most of the fans are self hating liberals.

So they opened up their new stadium with a 7-0 win? Impressive.

>all the fans are white

Did you not look at OP's picture ?

Don't disrupt the bullshit narrative of these faggot shills. Don't you know American sports are dead and soccer is now the official sport?

There are more Christians than Muslims

based tata

Yes, and like 90% there are white in a city that is more than half black.

The white minority in Atlanta seems to have finally turned their backs on black sports and are now starting to follow the only relevant sport in the world, dominated by whites [spoiler] and spics [/spoiler]

Second game. First game was 3-0

Read the whole wiki page Hans:

>Atlanta is the largest city in the state of Georgia. Atlanta ranks as the 38th-largest in the United States, and the sixth-largest city in the southeastern region. 2010 census results varied dramatically with previous Census Bureau estimates, counting 550,003 residents.[1][2] Atlanta is the core city of the ninth most populous United States metropolitan area at 5,268,860

Atlanta city proper is .5 Million people. If you include the entire suburban area (which is >60% white) its an extra 4 million people who drive anywhere between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to go to a game.

They're all white because they're all from cities/counties considered the Atlanta metro area despite Atlanta city limits being in Fulton county. Fuck even Athens is considered the Atlanta metro area, even fucking White county which is just a place for rednecks to cook meth and work in flooring manufacturing plants.

>Has finally America found to enjoy soccer

lol no. 100% of American soccer fans voted for Hillary.

How is the show Atlanta? Any good? Looks good.

watch our sport

evem trump? truly the 4d chessmaster

>got to race politics one (1) post in
You lot are worse than ponyfuckers

Atlanta here.

It's almost turned into a virtue signal to be a Atlanta United fan. People just hang their flags from their back balconies, bumper stickers everywhere, hats and shirts.

The fans are usually college kids and sort of seem like disenfranchised Thrashers fans. The team has had to play in like 6 different stadiums in their first seasons as well.

The fact that the team is good is also a huge help. People just want to go to games to "see what it's like" and they go and it's a big time event now.

Their support isn't like the support of The Falcons or UGA but the select few who like AU are pretty big time

yes.

>non southerners trying to define what is and isn't atlanta

it is hard enough for us in and around atlanta. don't bother

old angry white dudes voted Trump and coincidentally also love NFL football and hate soccer with a passion

This. It's like how the crowd for Bulls games is mostly white even though the arena is in South Side Chicago, probably the blackest place in North America.

From Atlanta and that's very true

It's the reddit of Atlanta sports

It was already said when Sounders has enter in MLS

>mfw NE comes back and scores 5 goals in the second half to win

AUFC is the first team Atlanta can rally around together.
Take note during the Falcons home opener on Sunday of how many Packers fans fill those seats. Being a city of transplants, most of us have inherited pro teams from up North. But none of us already have an MLS team. Especially with the Hawks and Braves being terrible, people can put their full enthusiasm into this sport and team that is something completely novel. It certainly helps that the team is really good, too.

Is it going to displace the Falcons or Braves? No. But it certainly has a sustainable place here, something even the Hawks can't claim to have.

>If you include the entire suburban area (which is >60% white) its an extra 4 million people who drive anywhere between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to go to a game.

why doesn't atlanta simply "annex" those parts then?
it would become the 3rd largest city in the US overnight

are there some tax advantages or something for those meme towns around Atlanta that makes them not want to be part of the city?

With flight caused most of the white Atlanta population to leave between the 50s and 80s. Suburbs offer low property taxes and homes at half the cost of anything inside the city. No way in hell they would allow themselves to be annexed to "subsidize" Atlanta.

There are dozens of different incorporated cities around Atlanta. Usually it's because these places want to levy their own taxes and run their own governments. Part of it is that the white side of town has traditionally not wanted anything to do with the black side of town

People in Atlanta like AUFC because they're the lakers of MLS right now. The Falcons are big time now and people love them. Atlanta has shit fans and it's because we historically have shit teams. The only true fans we have usually support the braves

The Braves are also huge because of Turner broadcasting the games nationally, and no other MLB teams in the south

Can a Carolina baseball team work? I guess most of the best expansion candidates in the south already have successful minor league teams

Atlanta, like big cities all over the US, is gentrifying and thus kicking poor people out of the city. Besides real niggas watch real football.

Agreed. I'm from Detroit and live in Metro ATL. Go into any neighborhood in the region and you'll see AU flags. Until Garber gives us a team in Detroit, I'm enjoying supporting my adopted team

>Americans wearing scarves

FUCKING STOP

most soccer fans have thin necks so its necessary. You football fans have flabby sealion necks, which insulate you and give you the ability to float in greasy foods.

it's because people who like soccer in the US are yuppie liberals who just want an excuse to put on a gay fucking scarf and act european

>defending hipster bullshit with knee-jerk self loathing

Found the MLS fan.

I bet you use words like "genius" and "brilliant" only when you're watching soccer games.

Nah I'm one of this hip, young English professors all the cool kids want to take. I only use those superlatives when my football players spell their names right.

>the only way to enjoy football is to copy everything the European teams do

those*

>Atlanta has the highest gay population in the U.S
>Atlanta loves soccer
Really activates my almonds

dw atlanta will drop to bottom 5 attendance when the honeymoon wears off

For how pervasive this argument is it's also very dumb and boring

so is soccer

youtu.be/TnvlofC83yM

>white sport

>@78292645
No it doesn't you clown

wtf i love divegrass now

go sounders xD

>have a first date with this girl, havent dated in years
>she picks me up with her car
>step into car, drive 50m
>tell her to stop the car, calmly step out
>vomit the living shit out of my body in the middle of the road, in the middle of the day, in my own street
>she keeps asking me if i'm alright, she's pretty sweet about it even
>i dont even respond anymore, just walk back home head to the sky, pondering where my life went wrong
>happened 2 hours ago now, she nor i have send to each other

why do i have to spaghetti it up always. Should i just go to Atlanta and start my life over? Seems like a good city to live in

off yourself la

wtf i love america now???

nice blog

and yes, just randomly move to atlanta and let yourself get shot by some nigga, seems like the best solution

>disenfranchised Thrashers fans.

Its a smart business move for MLS to find places that just lost teams to fill a void. The arrival of the Sounders with the departure of the Sonics did give them a boost of momentum out of the gate.

And to be fair the Falcons and UGA have been around for decades in comparison to months.