ITT movies that deserve a remake

ITT movies that deserve a remake

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0399201/
youtube.com/watch?v=CF5mXmk8RuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah, diverse casting and turning Jessica Six into a strong woman who don't need no man, that would really be an improvement

Watched this last night, it's fine the way it is. Kinda runs out of steam once they leave the city though

Nah, nothing will beat prime Jenny Agutter side ass.

>Kinda runs out of steam once they leave the city though
I've always felt this. It is still some classic 70's scifi, though.
>Dat minature city model, complete with monorail
>Dat Order up a Bitch in-room service
It could be remade, and probably made worse, despite a 150M budget, and 2 of the hottest actors in Hollywood today.

>tfw there will never be a remake of good old movies without a feminism theme and a non-white cast

Why live

Nicholas Winding Refn wanted to remake and he doesn't give a shit about diversity or feminism. But he abandoned it.

no.

I rather see one that does a better adaption of the book.

The age limit is supposed to be 20 in the books.

I agree. It's an interesting concept and some of the sets and practical effects are still neat but parts of it have aged like milk. Although they shouldn't remake it unless they get a talented director who knows what he's doing. Knowing Hollywood, they'll get some Brett Ratner type to remake it and the retards will be shocked when it gets panned and flops at the box office.

>he abandoned it

Thank fucking god

imdb.com/title/tt0399201/

The age limit is 21, and the reason they changed it for the film is obvious. They wanted to be able to choose from a variety of actors and not be limited to a bunch of teenagers, the 21 and younger aspect is something that works in a novel but causes difficulties when casting for a feature film

True, but I atleast like to see someone try to do a closer adaption, maybe age it up to 25 or something.

Drive and Bronson are great and The Neon Demon is good, you pleb.

None except for pic related, desu

Hell no, it's perfect in its own wacky way.

>tfw the extended nude scene of her posing as a model for the robot is lost forever

Wasn't Ken Levine writing a script for a remake?

I (tried) reading the book and it could work if it didn't take itself seriously at all.

Johnny nmeumonic

It should've been animated desu

>remakes
kys

Nigga what? Why would it need a remake? Just fucking watch the original. There is no need for a shitty version with WHOA DUDE SO REALISTIC EFFEX

>Dat minature city model, complete with monorail
>Dat Order up a Bitch in-room service
not to mention it's just a really cool "utopia" despite being 70's as fuck, or maybe because of that. Everything is free, you don't have to work but if you do you get special privileges, hot horny girls walking around in nighties, and the entire city is one giant hotel/resort. Sounds like a great place until you turn 30 obviously

>Logan's run
I think it will work better as a HBO's series.

Pic related too. A film remake would be fine but a Starz's tv series would be GOAT.
>inb4 "but the remake already exists!!1!"
No, there isn't. That was an insult.

I have the last issue of the comic book continuation they did of this. It's pretty fun.

they just made a sequel/reboot, kek

youtube.com/watch?v=CF5mXmk8RuQ

They've been trying to get a remake of this off the ground for a while now.

It was

just watch Bay's The Island or something

Deserve? None of the recent ones deserved it, unless deserved = punished and ripped off.

People with money let's suck out some dollars based on nostalgia oooh boy land of the lost incoming!!!

"Deserve", as if there is tribute art going on.

It certainly deserves one but it really doesn't need it.

Also, now that I think about it, I struggle to think of a remake I thought was as good or better than the original. And I'm not even a hipster or anything.

Heinlain
>diplomatic ties between bugs, human and skinies
>lightning orbital insertion and getting the fuck out in less than an hour
>traversing hundreds of miles in matter of minutes, wrecking everything in their path
>you should to help your state if you want privileges from state

Verhoeven:
>lmao brainsucking vagina monsters
>lmao bunch of grunt walking in the desert getting eaten by monsters
>lamo fascism is dum

fascism is dumb

There's a reason all the fascists got their shit kicked in in WW2

yeah, standing alone against the rest of the planet outnumberd 10 to 1 is the main one
look, I'm not arguing that fascism is great
it's just that book was way more complicated than "kill all the bugs race war now"