I've recently come to the conclusion that almost all popular music, especially rock and hip-hop, is fucking cheesy...

I've recently come to the conclusion that almost all popular music, especially rock and hip-hop, is fucking cheesy. I can't get over how fucking cheesy all that shit is and it's all aging like milk.

How do I find music that isn't cheesy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9INsERNFUo
youtube.com/watch?v=wLXpEt42W-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Classical

>fucking cheesy
In what way?

make it yourself mister

That's how you know it's time to move onto classical and jazz

It's all emotionally pretentious, sappy, and relies on modern trends to achieve listenership, whether or not the artist is consciously aware of what they're doing. The more time that passes after the piece's release, the cheesier and more emotionally insincere/cliched it comes off as. This is the case for every single piece of rock and hip-hop ever written.

I might

Where should I get started? Any recs on pieces/books?

its easy to be cheesy

if your talking mainstream its because they try to fit a trend. but just because something is popular doesnt mean its cheesy, like mastodon, they are renown and really awesome but still cheesy in some ways.

I know some people enjoy cheesy shit but it's just not for me. I'm too cringe sensitive.

Dhafer Youssef
youtube.com/watch?v=K9INsERNFUo

the Aristocrats.
youtube.com/watch?v=wLXpEt42W-8

Thank you, I'll check these out.

Bach- Art of the Fugue and St. Matthew Passion
Mozart Piano Concertos and Symphonies
Schubert String Quartets
Schumann Lieder
Beethoven String Quartets and Symphonies
Brahms Symphonies
Chopin Nocturnes and Impromptus
Dvorak Symphonies
Debussy Piano Preludes
Stravinsky- The Right of Spring
Bartok String Quartets
Louis Armstrong- Best of Hot 5's and 7's
Charlie Parker- Best of Dial and Savoy Recordings
Miles Davis- Kind of Blue
Ornette Coleman- The Shape of Jazz to Come
Herbie Hancock- Maiden Voyage
Charles Mingus- Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
John Coltrane- Ascension
Miles Davis- Bitches Brew
Tim Berne- Science Friction
Alex Sipiagin- Destinations Unknown

Not him but what about Tchaikovsky?

classical is the cheesiest music of all

His music is good. I enjoy a lot of it but I don't know if it's essential for an introduction to classical. Depends on the listener I guess.

Just curious

List some of the artists you find cheesy.

This. I am also curious.

listen to j a z z

Kendrick Lamar, Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, all of the whore-wave singers, Taylor Swift if you don't consider her one of the previous mentioned, all classic rock, all "old school hip hop," all indie. Fuck dude, all popular music is cheesy trash. The thought of even hearing that drivel garbage makes me sick.

I used to like music until about last year and something just changed.

I'm gonna be completely honest you sound a wee bit pretentious.

>whore wave singers
What does that mean? Just female pop singers or what?

Kanye West is the cheesiest artist I can think of right now. Maybe Jay Z and Eminem too, but also all the so-called "good" 80's/80's-esque rock that hipsters listen to like The Smiths.

>Just female pop singers or what?
The ones who sing about their dick taking habits, yeah

you sound fucking fourteen i hope to god you're not an actual adult

I'm fuckin 22 bro

>This is the case for every single piece of rock
It is the case for everything that currently charts though. There is much more to rock music than that.

Yeah, I mentioned in the OP that popular music, almost by definition, comes off as cheesy to me. But I used to enjoy rock music and its derivative forms, it's only now coming off to me as emotionally pretentious, dated, and cliched.

>you sound fucking fourteen i hope to god you're not an actual adult
Wow, someone doesn't take to heart formulaic music produced for one reason only, most likely by Max Martin or Dr. Luke (Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald).