I'm a fan of Deftones (yeah, I'm a pleb and my taste is shit...

I'm a fan of Deftones (yeah, I'm a pleb and my taste is shit, if you're here to let me know that) but I really can't stand this album. I really like the albums they put out after this one, but White Pony, and the handful of albums that came out before it, really fail to capture me, save for a handful of songs from each album.

u l t i m a t e c o n t r a r i a n

I've never seen a Deftones fan hate White Pony. Congratulations on surprising me. You like their atmospheric stuff I'm assuming

yeah you like nu-deftones, not what they originally were.

My guess is you like dreampop instead of metal.

>(yeah, I'm a pleb and my taste is shit
This is true but not because you're a fan of Deftones, it's because you don't like White Pony.

My fave from deftones

That's why I enjoy the newer half of their discography. It's experimental and atmospheric. They've always been a unique band, but I really can't stand their earlier, more nu-metal sounding stuff. It's a little generic to me. Back To School is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Which is what he was implying, you actual soy

nigga that's one of their best
that's third best, 2nd is white pony 1st is diamond eyes
they made that song for the record label and its still a great track nerd

I actually love metal and there's not much dreampop that I enjoy. But I really can't stand the first three Deftones albums.

I'm really glad that your favorite is Diamond Eyes. I love that album. Saturday Night Wrist is a brilliant album, too.

>Back To School is one of the worst songs I've ever heard
Well I mean that's completely fair. They made that song specifically to appease their record label and to have a single. Even the band themselves regret making it. Don't listen to that version of White Pony, Feiticeira's the better opener. Back To School really is bad

yeah it's great. a shame they hardly ever play anything off SNW live though.
back to school isn't even their worst song girl please, although you're right about the gray original version being better

Oh of course it isn't

Even after liking them for 3 years and kind of falling off them during the start of 2017 due to just finding more interesting stuff and jumping from band to band really quickly, I always go back to Around The Fur, White Pony, Deftones and Saturday Night Wrist. Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan and Gore didn't really stick with me that much. Not sure why.

Can't stop the sound

Very clevar

Tbh Gore is my favorite album of theirs and one of my favorites I've ever listened to.

I don't know what it is about it, the singles were okay and it had some strong songs on it but I felt that it was quite bland overall. I remember, I would skip to LMIRL and let it play from there, skipping 3/5s of the entire album. I would give the albums I stated another go but I think I am completely blown out of Deftones. Since they were THAT band for me growing up. To be honest, nothing has struck me like they did, most probably due to the fact I was 14/15 and I'm pretty sure that is that period of time where you connect with music the most or something, I don't know. I want to listen to Deftones now.

The song's not even that terrible. It's just the graphic part at the end that makes it uncomfortable. Cut it out and the song's alright

Ew, don't associate Back to School with White Pony. The Boy's Republic is the good bonus track.

Also, to reply to the thread in general, Around the Fur and White Pony were a couple of the earliest albums I recognized and favored as a young teenager. There are a few real sick riffs on Around the Fur, it's just one of those albums that gives off badass vibes, whereas White Pony has a mixture of heavier distortion-laden songs (which I admit are not my favorite parts) but also some really great sensual atmospheric songs that Deftones has come to be known for. White Pony was (from around age 14 to 22) my favorite album, but now I think I prefer their self-titled or SNW.

I'm a huge Deftones fan too, and White Pony is definitely overrated, my dude.

SNW is their best, and I'd probably rather listen to KNY and maybe even Diamond Eyes than White Pony (though White Pony gets points for being their first massive step up in quality like that)

Incorrect.

White Pony isn't overrated. Chino has always been exploring new sounds that's why the band is still alive.

I like KNY. Back to back tracks that are amazing.