Will Quebec get the independence?

Will Quebec get the independence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7T6qU16fT4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Controversies_post-referendum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Marchi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_oath)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Act
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_controversies_involving_the_Royal_Canadian_Mounted_Police
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOW

no :(

Yes. If they persevere.

maybe

nah
they are forever under the clutches of the eternal anglo

i'll always laugh at this picture because the mountie is a chink

when the majority of you want it.

>majority of francophones wanted it
so happy there was an exodus of anglos, unfortunately couillard wants them back so he can stay in power

isn't that our entire country tho
also i really don't know why quebec wants independence when they already have everything they want, and when they already enforced their tongue on literally everything in canada

>also i really don't know why quebec wants independence when they already have everything they want
stopped reading right there
>and when they already enforced their tongue on literally everything in canada
my fucking ass

bilingualism in anglo regions went up by what, 1% according to statscan?

>Mfw Quebec finally achieves independence...then gets weedman as the president

to say something like that proves that you truly know nothing about us

both trudeaus are considered traitors by anyone with half a brain in quebec

>both trudeaus are considered traitors by anyone with half a brain in quebec
That's what I wanted to hear!

Quebec being independent would be a massive the boon to the Canadian economy as they get a ton of tax subsidies and Canadian money pumped in while adding very little to the economy

Cute picture.

your gay language is on literally every product in canada and french is mandatory in schools, what more do you needy cunts even need
and you're lucky enough the eternal anglo didn't deport your frog kind back to france when you were beaten in the seven years war

the fact that we have a below replacement fertility rate and take in so many immigrants and the bilingualism has risen is already a huge win for french.

seriously, as other user mentioned what exactly do you want or expect from the rest of canada?

what is it with anglos having an autistic meltdown every time they see a language other than english on something
>mandatory in school
is that why i met like only two anglos my whole life who could formulate proper french sentences? i have no doubt it's mandatory, and i have no doubt that you people don't actually do anything

i like how you imply that those two things are enough for us to be happy, especially after all the genocide attempts, the interference of the federal government into provincial politics and much more
>and you're lucky enough the eternal anglo didn't deport your frog kind back to france when you were beaten in the seven years war
this kind of shit always made me laugh, why do you think we want to be independent after reading stuff like this?
are you seriously retarded enough to suggest that multiculturalism is viable? is that what i'm reading? because multiculturalism will replace everyone

i'm pretty sure trudeau even came up with it to make sure the francophones have less power

no shithead, im honestly asking you, in response to your comment,

>>bilingualism in angle regions went up by what, 1% according to statsan.

what exactly were you hoping for or expecting? the fact that french gained ground in traditionally anglo territory while we have below replacement rate fertility and immigration.

>what exactly were you hoping for or expecting?
the canadian government should stop implying that the country is """""bilingual""""" at all

explain to my why quebec is the most bilingual province in the entire country despite its official language being french only

bilingualism is a policy that only serves anglos and no one else

bilingualism means the federal government must provide services in both official languages. the country is bilingual by definition and by law.

>>explain to my why quebec is the most bilingual province in the entire country despite its official language being french only

because Anglo people move to Quebec and like to live there? as is their right under the charter?

>>bilingualism is a policy that only serves anglos and no one else

so you are okay if all the judges and politicians and government services are strictly English only as they don't help francophone's at all?

wrong

>lives in quebec
>says he only see's two anglos who could speak french
no shit sherlock, try exploring a province that isn't your own. tons of people speak french in ontario and get tons of benefits like scholarships for doing so
>genocide attempts
please just stop, unless you can post some sources to these claims
yeah, english is the predominant language in the world, everyone else has to learn it and you're no different.
>bilingualism is a policy that only serves anglos and no one else
HAHAHAHA

>because Anglo people move to Quebec and like to live there? as is their right under the charter?
really? because according to anglos quebec is nothing more than a mere banana republic with nazi germany policies

>no shit sherlock, try exploring a province that isn't your own. tons of people speak french in ontario and get tons of benefits like scholarships for doing so
i meant the internet, but i sure am glad that a single village in ontario is french!
>please just stop, unless you can post some sources to these claims
literally look at what happened to acadians or when anglos tried to ban catholicism (which, yes, was pretty important back then)
>yeah, english is the predominant language in the world, everyone else has to learn it and you're no different.
>REEEE ENGLISH IS THE BUSINESS LANGUAGE OF THE WOOOORLD
every fucking time

but please explain to me how anglos need and want to learn french

Good, well thought-out post. Exactly what we've come to expect from ubermensch ***French*** Canada.

>really? because according to anglos quebec is nothing more than a mere banana republic with nazi germany policies

hey dude, i don't know why they would want to move there or still live there. but they do and that's their right.

>>but please explain to me how anglos need and want to learn french

dunno, why don't you ask the 1% increase in bilingualism we've had in anglo regions for that? if it's increased they have their own reasons and the fact that it is increasing is a positive sign for french in Canada.

Quebec's economy is too fucked for it to be independent.

Also, there are so many English-speakers and non-Quebecois in Quebec now that they will never, EVER get the vote to leave.

Not to mention the fact that if Quebec became independent, Montreal would probably separate and re-join Canada.

t. English-speaker who moved to Montreal as a student and never left.

>Quebec just proved Ontario and Ottawa completely wrong about how fiscal responsibility works
also anglos just seem to have a fetish for the idea of partitioning quebec and it's frankly sickening

but you can keep montreal, it's degenerate and anglos love degeneracy
youtube.com/watch?v=r7T6qU16fT4

But isn't Montreal a huge part of Quebec's economy? Wouldn't Quebec have a hard time without it?

lol? no, your province is quite important to canada, and seceding would be quite a massive blow to us, hence why you're given quite a lot of freedoms and why we allow you to preserve your culture.
I have to (re)learn french because I want to be an officer in the airforce/navy after I finish all my education, and you are required to be fluent in french to be considered a good applicant(or government has to waste time educating you).

>there are a lot of anglos in montreal
>most of them are jews
god damn you just opened my eyes

>why you're given quite a lot of freedoms
a people with no country is not free, the entire point of independence is to let us do whatever we want with our territory
>why we allow you to preserve your culture.
yeah, and we had to fight for a long time just to see it get absorbed into the "cultural mosaic"

it's disgusting, years ago anglos would make fun of us for eating poutine but suddenly it becomes the new hot shit and as canadians sure are proud of claiming they invented it

don't you people have tons of autonomy though and are essentially like iraqi kurdistan? free means autonomy; independence means you're your own country. is good to see you don't know the difference
yes, you fought and you were allowed to preserve your culture. tell me; what exactly is going to change when you become independent?

every province has a level of autonomy, but not nearly enough

in fact i believe this was worsened by the 1982 constitution. you know, the one that was signed behind quebec's back and that we refuse to sign to this very day (you won't hear about this kind of shit on heritage minutes, that's for sure)

we want to do anything we want without the federal government stepping in every minute, that's what it means to be free and independent

how exactly is the federal government oppressing you other than not allowing you to partition? what can the evil anglo overlords be doing to you that is so cruel and awful to warrant your immediate independence?

let's not give him too much credit, the federal government has never forbade Quebec to secede. they've just voted against of their own free will, twice.

it may not be about what they're doing now, but about what they did and what they will do

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Controversies_post-referendum
stop acting like it was legitimate

Never ever ever
Sorry latinobro

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Controversies_post-referendum

>>The inquiry concluded that some ballots had been rejected without valid reasons, but the incidents were isolated. The majority of the rejected ballots were "No" votes, in proportion to the majority of the valid votes in those districts.

>>wo Deputy Returning Officers were charged by the DGEQ with violating elections laws, but in 1996 were found not guilty (a decision upheld by the Quebec Court of Appeal), after it was found that the ballots were not rejected in a fraudulent or irregular manner, and that there was no proof of conspiracy.

what about it? it was legitimate vote, you lost, get over it dude, Quebec had two attempts. just because it didn't go your way doesn't mean the vote was wrong.

>don't read most of the section i linked
this happens nearly every time i link this, i wonder why

i read all of it, there were some irregularities and an inquiry was initiated. the inquiry found no significant problems with the invalidated votes.

a criminal case was started against the deputy returning officers for fraud, but no conviction was made because they couldn't prove that is was fraudulent.

what more do you want? there was a dispute over some ballots in three regions and the proper authorities took a closer look at it and found no reason to invalidate the referendum.

A divided Canada wouldn't be good for anyone, why go in depth about the subject when you didn't, Callum?

and you somehow missed the part that says "Citizenship and Immigration Canada" in big bold fucking letters?

please, it's barely united

>>responded that this was common before provincial election campaigns in other provinces

one guy said it so it must be true

>>Mr. Speaker, what is being done with respect to citizenship processing in the province of Quebec leading up to the referendum is nothing different from any lead up to any provincial campaign.

>>My department has done likewise with the provinces of Manitoba, New Brunswick and Ontario. If we compare the number of citizenship processings with the year of the Ontario election, it is up some 45 per cent.

>>Is the hon. member suggesting that we should somehow slow down the process? Is the hon. member suggesting that it is not proper to have the persons exercise their democratic right to vote? Exactly what is his point?

what exactly did they do? you post this referendum wikipedia article but post no sources
because you lost the referendum
>b-bbut muh rigged votes!!
please just stop

You are fucking retarded mate that's like saying a devided Yugoslavia isn't good or a divided Germany

Quebec is a drain on the Canadian economy there is little to no forign investment into Quebec due to the difficulties of doing business and speaking french

Your little inbred province is pathetic even chad has shown to be a better success than Quebec

that's still one guy

and yes, people who literally just arrived should not be able to vote in anything

you do know that the little numbers on wikipedia are there for a reason, right

no other sources of things done against your people*. you said we tried to suppress your catholicisism, where is proof on this?

it was Sergio Marchi

>>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Marchi

Ministers of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship at that time. the person responsible for giving citizenship. that one guy.

and? you expect me to waste my precious time educating myself on the 'atrocities done against your people'? i won't find any because we literally dindu nuffin

see

yes people get citizenship and are allowed to vote, they applied, went through the hopes and earned that right. they aren't second class citizens the day they become citizens. they earned that right and fuck you for suggesting they shouldn't have that right.

>you said we tried to suppress your catholicisism, where is proof on this?
holy fucking shit, i think they actually keep anglos uneducated on purpose

read up on what the test oath was

>i won't find any because we literally dindu nuffin
yeah, i always knew that anglos were pretty much niggers

Your time isn't precious and no one expects you to educate yourself.

>read the test oath
all i got was this (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_oath) which has to do with america.
>anglos are niggers
funny you say that, your homeland is becoming infested with refugees and muslimshits as we speak. if you become a free country, you would bring in a whole bunch of niggers just as france does, who would then emigrate to our country after they realize how shit your country would be. we cannot allow this, can we?

Ah, what a nice civilized come back, you must get your news and facts from Sup Forums, shaliday my friend! A bong talking about others being inbred is very funny.

1.2% dans le Québec et 0.8% dans le Nouveau-Brunswick

i specified "educating myself on the 'atrocities done against your people'". it's like if i went to college to take some bullshit like french studies; that only talks about how 'oppressed' a certain culture is. i have better use of my time educating myself on things that happened other than bullshit that didn't happen

>i looked for 3 seconds on google
wow you're intelligent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Act

if this isn't enough, have this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_controversies_involving_the_Royal_Canadian_Mounted_Police
or how about trudeau enacting martial law on us? how about the time we were forced to participate in WW1 and 2 (which again led to martial law)

Québec is 87% white, second only to Atlantic Canada. He's right and wrong, you are like niggers, not because you're Anglo, but because you are basically yanks.
The oath required Québecois and Acadiens to be protestant and Anglophone in order to get most decent jobs. It was abandoned after it proved demographically unfeasible.

vraiment pathétique, et c'est le nouveau-brunswick qui est si fier d'être la seule province qui est officiellement bilingue

on a la minorité anglaise la mieux traité aux monde ENTIER au québec et ils trouvent encore des moyens de se plaindre, j'espère juste que un jour on trouve un moyen d'avoir une loi aussi pire que la loi 101 pour leur faire peur et qu'ils sacrent leur camp

nah anglos are niggers

they invade everyone and try to force people to assimilate and when it doesn't work they just absorb them and claim they never did anything wrong and clearly keep their descendants uneducated about everything that happened

>A bong talking about others being inbred is very funny.
>'Oh no! MY retarded and skewed perspective of the world doesn't match reality.'
Sums up the Quebcois independence movement really.

What? No, it's like learning about the history of your own country, good and bad. Every Canadian should have a working knowledge of their history from European settlement onward. That history includes tensions between French and Anglos.

he probably watches the heritage minutes and a story of "us" on TV and thinks it's history

you tried
good night lad :^]

The Test Act was passed in 1673 in the wake of a largely religious war that no one wanted to repeat again. Unless this was all part of some great conspiracy to oppress Quebec a hundred years in advance I fail to see the connection.

and? it was still used against us

did your lapdog ask you for help?

Never

never have I met a SINGLE nice person from Quebec. All arrogant cunts who think they fucking deserve special treatment. They have the most autistic French you ever heard and are an embarrassment. I and everyone I know quit French the moment we could in school, and moved on from that fucking bullshit.

I've honestly no clue what you're trying to say, sorry.

actually, i was reading and here's what i read;
>Furthermore, the test oath, which meant you had to speak english and be protestant and swear loyalty to the crown in order to have the right to practice a bunch of professions just wasn't working. There weren't enough englishment to do it and the Canadiens refused to take it. So, unofficially, Canadiens were already allowed to be apothecaries, notaries, etc. without taking the test oath. THis was made official in 1774 with the Act of Quebec, which extended the boundaries of Canada, removed the test oath and basically gave the Canadiens full rights as british citizens despite being french speaking catholics. How horrible, right?
they literally removed the test act and allowed you to remain catholic with virtually no repercussions. surely you guys were historically oppressed though, right?
>canadian history
hahaha, very interesting and fun!
no, i don't watch tv. i dont read about history of countries that are virtually irrelevant in international politics. maybe you do so you can convince yourself canada was important in uhhhhhhh...

>They have the most autistic French you ever heard and are an embarrassment.
and let me guess, you don't know a word of french
>inb4 oui oui, je parle bienne la français

canadians are just british lapdogs

this
its a portrayal of most french people really, a whole bunch of pompous cunts who you can never seem to satisfy. big bark no bite

the point is it fucking happened

besides it's not the only thing that happened, read the rest of it

glad to admit that you're as ignorant and proud of it as a yank

in fact i think yanks are better people than anglo canadians on average

The same thing was later repeated in French parts of Canada. In order to get any devent job one had to swear the Test Oath which included four oaths:
>allegiance to the British Crown
>repudiation of (Catholic) James II
>rejection of the authority of the Pope
>renunciation of the dogma of transubstantiation
Québecois and Acadiens were fine with the former 2 but obviously the latter were a suppression of their faith

It was also the goal of Murray, Québec's first Anglo governor, to assimilate the French and end their culture. These orders came directly from London

You can be a self-hating Canadian, I certainly hate most """Canadians,"""" but if you want an example of contentios Anglo/French Canadian history being relevant on a world stage, one of the "insufferable acts" that led the USA to revolution was the Québec Act.

Well, that certainly hasn't been my experience, and I posted because this is an international board and you've been flying off the handle the whole thread about "Anglos" (of which I am one).
Fair enough.

yes, it happened over 200 years ago. is our government the same as it was 200 years ago?
grow a spine and be less pompous, maybe everyone won't think your people of the most disgusting and bitter around the world if you just stopped acting like an entitled cunt

>In Lower Canada, with its francophone majority population, Durham described the problems as racially rather than politically based. He found "two nations warring in the bosom of a single state." He was a cultural chauvinist and recommended assimilating the French Canadians — whom he called "a people with no literature and no history" — through a legislative union of the Canadas, in which an English-speaking majority would in his view dominate. Thus the French Canadians could not pursue ethnic aims, and the largely anglophone merchants could pursue a strong St. Lawrence economy to ensure future prosperity.

>we never did anything wrong
>yes you did
>i-it was 200 years ago
fuck you

All of the power and money was in Anglo hands. This is why the NWC was operated entirely by the French but owned by Scots, and why thet couldn't beat and were ultimately absorbed into the HBC, which pushed Anglo dominance west, despite it being the almost exclusively Frevnch voyageurs that were doing all the work and exploration. It's why Westmount is still an affluent Anglo enclave or why New Brunswick didn't manage a French premier until the 1960s.
200 years ago a solid foundation was laid for problems that do still exist today.

Ceci
This "Anglo" nonsense needs to stop, unless he means Anglo as in strictly Anglophones. The Maritimes are entirely Anglo except a third of New Brunswick and the problems, both current and historic, are coming from west of Québec, not the hard Anglo east which has actually suffered from some of the same problems that the French have and who, along with Québec, are the only real Canadians left.

with that mindset, i guess you should directly apologize for slavery since your people did that 100's of years ago. and looking at how history is linear and non-changing, you still must be directly responsible for this. so go on, where is your apology you pompous french coward?
>fuck you
ah yes, the most intellectual way to convince me towards your false struggle. tell me more

what slavery 100 years ago? we were in your hands by then you fucking idiot

By 1789 there were only 11 black slaves in French Canada and the Royal edict of 1685 ensured that they were treated much better than black slaves elsewhere.
Also, show me itt where someone demanded an apology for 200 year old Anglo efforts to assimilate the French and explain how any of this correlates to black slavery in Canada?

i mean't french people as a whole you stupid cunt. the people of the present aren't responsible for the crimes of the past

>of the past
See

Who the hell cares desu

what? do you honestly i give a shit about the french after they abandoned us to you? WHY do you think we didn't want to fight in WW1 and 2? you have shown your ignorance many times in this thread already, but acting like we're literally the same as the french people in france is truly embarrassing

we apparently live in the same country yet all you seem to know is that we speak french

*do you honestly think i give a shit

what does the test act have to do with the power and money of the anglos?
>all the money and power was in anglo hands
in an predominantly anglo country; hmm
because you're a bunch of whiny cowards, so much so as to not want to help the people that built your culture and identity as a whole. then again illiterate quebecois probably don't know who they were fighting with and against, so it comes as no surprise really

>enters thread
>begins discussion
>doesn't care

I don't understand this. If you don't want to have this discussion just go back to /cum/ and talk about Asian feet and anime.

read the post right above you

Désolé

honestly meant to say to read the post above mine but i'm sleep deprived

Give Quebec independence and make them invade France.

I believe that it would be highly unlikely.

>gay language

Is an anglo allowed to say that?