Is this kino?

Is this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railfan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, garuanteed there'll be at least one reply saying it's 'edgy shit' and for the 'fight club audience'

No.

First half was kino. 2nd half felt incredibly dull and rushed. I consider this a film that is more like a colleciton of scenes rather than a story going from point A to point B

>staring British people
>made by British people
>made after Requiem For A Dream was made so ultimately pointless to make a heroin movie

its barely a flick

Kelly Macdonald's tits are fucking kino. I give the film a low rating because her character was very minor.

Im also surprised that Mcgregor was handpicked by Lucas after such a contrversial role

Anyone else hated this insufferable fuck? I was hoping the film would end with him gettng shot multiple times or something like that. Not that he wouldnt deserve it.

I also never understood how did he made it to London so fast and even located Renton. The guy wss a fugitive and hesuddenly drops it

It's reddit

>>tfw Kelly Macdonald aged like cheese

That scene where she takes off her dress still drive me to rub one out

heroin addict here

should i watch it or will it make me crave?

im recovered

I was too jealous to even masturbate. He literally just went up to her and said hi. She started to just make out with him.

You where supposed to hate him, he was the closest the film has to villain.

The film says a lot of negative shit about heroin but the mc relapses all the fucking time. I dont even rememher if he quits it by the end because he has a "final" fix 10 minutes before the endijg.

Man this film has some quality sexual content. Never seen such authentic make out sessions in cinema before and all the sex scenes are amazing. First time i watched it I went to a club dressed all goofy to find my pale short haired slim goddess to fuck all night long sadly I failed

I know but I expected a more hardcore retribution

>tfw the americucks got a censored version where they cut out kelly macdonald's sex scene to get a pg rating
>It still didnt got pg rating

Why were americucks so obsessed with film ratings?

No, Trainspotting was released in 1996, and RFAD in 2000. Also it's 'starring' not 'staring', genius.

>didn't got

It wasnt just a censored version. It had edited dialogue because american test audiences could not understand shit of the original dialogue because of the heavy scottish accent and slang

the ending is kino

>I spotted the americuck

Sorry I still havent grasped all the rules of your inferior language

That ending was great. Rent's all all up beat, "i'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do that" when we all know he is just going to blow it all on H

>plan to watch this with my friends years ago
>rent it
>order some pizza
>everybody is fucking pumped
>movie starts
>"OI M8 WHAT DA F00K IS YUR PRRUBLEM WANKAR ME GUTZ TO GET NEW FIX M8 F00KING LASER SIGHTS"
>literally none of us getting what they were saying
>too lazy to watch with subs
>have not seen it to this day

Am I missing something?

Is life in Scotland really as depressing, violent, and drug-fuelled as Trainspotting, The Acid House, and Filth makes it seem?

I too enjoy siege.

It's pretty neutral about heroin. Sometimes it makes it look horrible, sometimes it makes it look cool. It show the bad stuff it does to people's lives, but it doesn't have an anti-heroin message, nor a pro-heroin one. It's neutral.

Just turn on subtitles. It's a very good movie.

It's not that hard to understand you dialectlet. The Edinburgh scum accent is probably one of the easiest scum accents to understand.

I can understand pretty much all American dialects, I don't understand why Americans can't do the same for us.

Hey, thanks for ruining the whole movie!

Arent all those films set in a literal economic depression though?

Its pretty fucking good

Did the baby die from neglect? Always thought somebody had drugged her because her mouth was black and her lips seemed to be full of puke

I also wish they would have focused more on the other characters that appear important but then disappear all of a sudden like Spud's girlfriend, allison and Diane

>>plan to watch this with my friends years ago
>>rent it
>rent it
>rent
SONNETS
O
N
N
E
T
S

Nope. This is pure shit.

Fight Club audience my arse. This movie suck dicks. Fight Club rules.

No, just in the cities. The countryside is really nice here. Plus you're getting it through Irvine Welsh's eyes and he's a miserable ex junkie who's burnt out all his dopamine receptors.

It's the same as the rest of the uk; the cities are full of Scum and pakis but the smaller towns and countryside villages are nice, really comfy.

fuck, I put it on spoilers in my first post, but then I rewrote it and forgot the spoiler tags. deleting it again now. I'm sorry.

I was mostly joking, but damn. You put like every major plot point in there.

>its not hard to understand an accent/dialect/language I grew around with lol

American accents are super plain except from some heavy southern ones which I doubt you have ever listened to because no movie I can think of has them.

Scotish accent is super thick and bloated PLUS the issue with trainspotting is that most of the dialogue is SLANG and you can understand the accent perfectly but if you dont know the slang youre fucked

One thing that has always bothered me...

Why the fuck is the film called trainspotting? The last thing I think of when I hear "trainspotting" is a group of junkies going on with their lives.

I shit you not, the first time I heard about the film I thought it was some sort of teenage light romantic comedy about a guy who falls in love with a girl who likes to count trains or some shit like that. I expected the film to be mostly inside trains

Why the fuck didnt I realize this is the guy who plays Sherlock Holmes in elementary and that shitty dexter antagonist? He looks completely different.

Lmao I also thought it was some sort of game like dogspotting.

I feel scared for the sequel though. For me the biggest appeal was seeing a bunch of rebellious youth living a crazy life of drugs and sex and how fast things could spiral out of control. And the sequel features all the main cast so I can only figure it will be about old people fucking up and thats not the same thing

ITT: Idiots

why

edgy shit for the fight club audience

>rebellious young people doing crazy dark shit

This is honestly the best "subgenre" in drama. Theres a fuckload of films about retarded teens doing retarded unrealistic shit where none of the characters are believable and theres always silly shit.

We need more films that remind us how crazy being young is and how fucked things can get in our lives. Instead of silly romantic comedies like american pie.

Its the reason why I HATED skins, thought it would be trainspotting the series and it ended being some extremely unrealistic shit full of unbelievable characters and "so random xD" moments. Felt more like high school musical for young adults

>can't grasp inferior language

wouldn't that make you worse than inferior?

False equivalence. This isnt like some video game where the first level is very easy and thus anyone who cant beat it is shit. The english language is extremely simplistic, undefined and with a very poor syntax. This doesnt mean that every person in the world will automatically understand all of it. Though english IS considered one of the easiest languages to learn

It has to do with something in the book that's left out if I recall.

Great movie, great characters and actors. I'm american and never had a problem understanding the accents.

It doesn't glamorize heroin but doesn't demonized it either which is refreshing, much better than requiem. It's almost a hangout movie but with addicts. There's not much of a story, just a series of events. I'm a fan of movies like that. It's about the characters and scenarios more than a plot.

Exactly how I feel about skins thank you based user

>Felt more like high school musical for young adults
You should be a journalist, that pretty much synthesized all my bad feelings about that shit in one short sentence.

all me btw

THAT LASSIE GOT GLASSED

It doesn't make it look bad or good

Every release after the theatrical release has been uncensored though

One of those is me tho

both me btw

>Its a shortening of the original short story's title "Trainspotting at Leith Central Station". The joke is that the station is long-closed and derelict, so trainspotting there is an utterly pointless, dull and squalid experience, like most things the characters do. No one "trainspots" or even says the word in the film. In the book there is a brief scene where an old drunk later implied to be Begbie's father asks Renton and Begbie if they are trainspotting. The term is a slang reference to a junkie's search for a vein to inject drugs in.

Trainspotting means 3 things:

Trainspotting is (or was) a british hobbie where people would sit somewhere, watch a train pass and calculate its arrival time and such.

Trainspotting is also the name of wallpaper with trains on it for kids rooms

And according to the director a trainspotter is an obsessive person who does pointless and useless shit. Much like the protagonist. Its an useless hobbie that requires some high degree of dedication so its kind of like a way of saying "blowing your life away". Theres also the detox scene where Rent is in a room with train wallpapers. Some people say this is meant to be a symbolism for rent's "journey" to a different station in his life but i call it bullshit because as far as I know that part wasnt in the book and thus wouldnt make sense for the book to take its name from a wallpaper.

In spanish the film was called "live in the abyss"

>I also never understood how did he made it to London so fast

London is like a 5 hour train ride from Edinburgh lol

>Trainspotting is (or was) a british hobbie where people would sit somewhere, watch a train pass and calculate its arrival time and such.

The UK will never cease to amaze me

I-isnt scotland an entirely different island from england?

That one scene with the poop flinging is funny.

Don't they have google maps on your version of the internet ?

It's pretty comfy-kino, could've done without the legitimately pointless sex scenes

How fucking clueless are you?

i-i-i-i-isn't it p-p-past your b-b-b-bedtime?

top b8 m8

>could've done without the legitimately pointless sex scenes
WRONG

Thats Ireland m8. Scotland is in the same landmass as England

IVE BEEN LIVING MY WHOLE LIFE THINKING SCOTLAND WAS A FUCKING ISLAND

I ONCE TRIED TO BULLSHIT A GIRL TELLING HER I WAS SCOT AND SHE STOPPED TALKING TO ME WHEN I SAID IT WAS AN ISLAND

>MY WHOLE LIFE
12 Years a Slave

MUY CHEEELDREN!!!

Holy fucking shit user

>american geography

>low framerate gif

user it's 2017, the current year

Ahhahahahhahahahh i swear people here are unreal

>MUH DICK

Who is this semen demon???

Read the filename, dumbass.

If you watched the fucking movie you would know, you nonce

Kelly Macdonald.

Can you see it when it's spoilered?

I can. Can you read at all?

You cant read webm filenames on mobile at least not on your own you fag

Edinburgh is shit, Glasgow is way better.

Come to Glasgow and I'll personally chib you though.

Anybody else felt really depressed and sexually frustrated when this scene came up?
All the guy does is say hi to that girl and 10 seconds later he's making out with her wildly on a cab and then they get home and they immediately get down to fuck. Why cant my social life be like that? It honestly gave me the desire to do drugs thinking they could help me pull out all those feats

Don't get too amazed, it's far more popular in america. I think we mocked the hobby to its death.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railfan

ewan wasn't even hard during the sex scene. I mean how on earth.
Is he a homosexual or something?

Keep in mind she's underage

She's acting.

Opiates bruh.

IT WAS FUCKIN OBVIOUS THAT THAT CUNT WAS GONNA FUCK SOME CUNT
Begbie was based.

We dont know that until they have already fucked.

She still looks like my dream girl. Short brownhair, slim? Small perky pink tits, pale as hell and a bubble butt

MUHHH CHILDRENNNNZZZ

Shes in the new black mirror

Friend do yourself a favor and play some Paradox game. You'll learn basic geography in a fun way.

Oh you've got blue eyes, oh you've got green eyes oh you've got grey eyes. And i've never, met someone quite like you before

Tbh she looks awfully old now. Amazing considering shes like what. 35?

Shes also nude in boardwalk empire

i'm american and i can understand it fine. i don't get the problem

Whats with this retarded british trend to completely trivialize the importance of actors on movie posters? Its completely misleading

>"antagonist" is the first to be shown
>extremely minor character with a total screentime of 5 minutes is the 2nd one
>the comedic relief character is in THE MIDDLE (the most prominent position on a poster)
>protagonist is the last in line and he even has a 5 next to him

They did the same shit with kingsmen where Colin firth was in the middle of the poster and the main actor's name isnt even listed

dumb frogposter

I loved Begbie. He was such a selfish cunt, it was hilarious.

Being intoxicated definitely helps, immensely.

>tfw wanna try this so bad but I live with my parents and I drive so it's impossible for me to go out and get hammered
>tfw almost 23 years old now and have literally never been drunk
>have never smoked a cig because I'm afraid my mom will smell it
>still a virgin who's never had a girlfriend.

Inflate the importance of famous actors are more likely to be drawn in by them
That's most of the reason why you hire big name actors
Nobody knew who Taron Egerton was

Ewan Mcgregor was literally the most famous guy in the cast at that time and that was Kelly Macdonald's acting debut.

Yet Ewan is 5th in line and Kelly is 2nd

And I agree with Taron Egerton being unknown, but at least put his name on the freaking poster. Give him the same position as Firth