What are your honest opinions on Moonlight? It was well made, but it did absolutely nothing for me...

What are your honest opinions on Moonlight? It was well made, but it did absolutely nothing for me, maybe cause I'm not gay.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/tarell-alvin-mccraney-man-who-lived-moonlight-n670296
a24awards.com/film/moonlight/images/MOONLIGHT.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

waiting for an HD rip

The middle section was weak.

I thought the middle part was the most interesting, but it seemed the shortest.

Felt so good when he chaired that nigger

really?

Easily the best film of the year. And among the top 10 films of the decade.

But why do you think that?

this, I'm not a retard

I'm gay.

I don't support homosexuality, so this movie may not be for me. If it's just about a person and honestly not about pushing an agenda I might enjoy it. I'll probably see it eventually.

dishonest filmmaking

>all this nigger shilling

top kek kys cucks, trump won ;)

>The first chapter was fantastic
>The second chapter was good
>The third chapter was disappointing

It felt like it was building up towards something more and then it just ends abruptly. It felt like there were 10 to 15 minutes missing. Solid film but I'm not going crazy over it like everyone else.

Ending was very weak. It's your basic "shy guy doesn't know how to express his feelings and gets manic pixie dream guy" to help him open up.

It was well directed. It knew how to be subtle and didn't insult the audience. Few films know how to do this anymore.

>watching movies about gay niggers

Best movie of the year. The fact that he was gay was an afterthought. I never felt like I was being beat over the head with a political agenda. Anyone who has ever been lonely will find something to relate to. Go see it.

I agree, Juan was great and then he was just dead. Chiron came off as an underwhelming character to me, I was much more interested in even Kevin.

>Anyone who has ever been lonely will find something to relate to.
I don't think that's true.

He didn't really open up though and Kevin wasn't really "manic pixie dream guy".

"don't support homosexuality" lol it's not a tax initiative you fag

Just kidding its a good movie

agreed. Chiron doesn't fucking do anything the entire film. He explodes at one point, but that was sort of overdue.

He was just completely uninteresting, and I never got the feeling he was that fucked up and isolated.

I thought it was great that, despite being played by different actors, Chiron's mannerisms were consistent. He's very awkward, reserved, doesn't know what to do with his hands. Felt real.

He didn't do much, but seeing his journey to basically an aesthetic copy of Juan was interesting.

The dialogue was about too heavy handed, but it was really good. I expected it to be Oscar bait pandering garbage but it was the complete opposite. Honestly it wasn't even explicit in its homosexuality and I didn't really think it was about being gay. It was more about a man trying to come to terms with his past and find out who he really is. It's a solid 8/10. Oh and the film was beautiful to look at

fuk off niggers

The acting and casting for Chiron was fantastic, I just thought the character was boring.
>but seeing his journey to basically an aesthetic copy of Juan was interesting.
It was obvious that he was like Juan at the end, but I wish it had been reinforced more.

Maybe the movie just wasn't dumbed down enough for me.

My wife loved it. I didn't see it because I was out getting hammered drunk.

sorry

I just don't get all the hype.

Mahershala Ali was robbed

Why did he ask Jaun about being a fagoot , there was not faggotry b4 that scene, i watch the rip while baked so I may have missed it?

Idk m8 aaron taylor johnson was pretty fucking creepy in nocturnal animals

screener when?

Better than La La Land desu

Everyone in the predominantly black audience I was at cheered, it was kino.

And nice digits

The other kids he were playing with called him a faggot.

>Better than La La Land
Why though?

I think watching the rip ruined it for me , or maybe it was just a shit movie to begin with and the cinamatography kept you closets on edge. Its like some guy , problably the director kept/found a journal and scripted it word for word . Real choppy , no real closure at the end, or the beginning for that matter, yes i know what i just said.

it's about two black kids acknowledging their attraction to each other as they grow up, there isn't a hint of an agenda at all.

and FYI you sound like you have a bad case of gay panic, who fucking cares if you see some gay shit occasionally. if you know you're straight you wouldn't be so worried about watching a gay film

I'm the biggest faggot on Earth, I mean dick morning, noon and night, and that movie just didn't work. Dick dick dick dick dick.

you'll be hanging from the lamp post soon enough, shitdick.

>Its like some guy , problably the director kept/found a journal and scripted it word for word
The movie is based off a drama school project written by someone Barry Jenkins went to middle school with.

nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/tarell-alvin-mccraney-man-who-lived-moonlight-n670296
a24awards.com/film/moonlight/images/MOONLIGHT.pdf

>and that movie just didn't work
What makes you say that?

must be rough having an edgy penis

WE WUZ HOMOS N SHIT

Doesn't matter if you are or not.
Watch all their eyes, especially the dude as an adult, very expressive
This is what From Afar should have been, man that film was insultingly bad

ya this has nothing to do with that, just the struggle of identification in an area where that is hard

havent watched but its about gay niggers? wow that's a lot of oppression points will get oscars

well then it makes more sense i gotta give it another wacth on BD.

>the biggest 'black' movie of the oscar season (other than fences) is about two gay black dudes

holy shit

does hollywood realise how much black people hate gays?

I thought it was his mother who called him a faggot, when the sound is muted and she yells at him.

Third act had some of the best sexual tension I've ever seen portrayed on screen, and I am only like a 2.75-3 on the Kinsey Scale

disgusting. They need to keep LGBT rubbish out of movies, period.

It's both, I think.

>I was much more interested in even Kevin
This movie has gotten so much praise for its acting, and it deserves most of it, but (adult) Kevin really stood out to me as the best, even though he barely had anything to do.

It's very explicit in the movie bud. Give it a shot it's not actual pandering like Hidden figures or the other usual nonsense.

I was thinking about teenage Kevin specifically when I made my post, it probably helps that I grew up seeing a lot of niggas that looked and act just like him.

I think Nocturnal Animals is a much better film than Moonlight but I agree that Mahershala Ali deserved that award. He steals the whole movie for me and he's only in it for about 20 minutes. Hope he gets the Oscar.