Why are "quips" in modern films not funny? (serious question)

Why are "quips" in modern films not funny? (serious question)

theyre not funny that's why

theyre not funny that's why

I find some quips in modern films funny

because the movies nowadays are too sanitized. Arnold's quips are great because they usually follow a ridiculous over-the-top kill like throwing a pipe through somebody

why did they think remaking predator with a bunch of skinny faggots with oversized guns would be cool?

this but Arnold was an one-liner, not a quipper, there's a difference that redditors can't see.

because you just saw him throw a fucking big ass knife into the dudes chest

not implied
not quick cut away
hes there with the knife in his chest and bleeding
and bad ass arnold comes up with a 1 liner

all while alan sylvestries best work is playing underneath

Arnold's one-liners had context and weren't in every other scene.

what's the difference, 9gagger

I rewatched PotC movies recently, and was wondering this. The quips and jokes in the first three are all nice, then in the fourth they got flatter. I don't really know why though. It's a lot of the same characters doing similar things, but that movie was a big step down in humor for some reason.

Good quips require intelligence
All the writers today are dimwits. This is why all they can do is rehash old movies, make "reboots" and do capeshit

actors with no charisma

4 had a different director.

This. Arnold's quips were great because he did something psychotic either before or after.

My favorite:
>See you at the party Richter!

Man is an inept tool for his own gears, datcvy... Kid.

Because they were sincere.

Now they quip ironically to show the ridiculousness of the situation. Arnold just wanted to be cool

Because a quip is not a joke. It's just dialogue that is irregular or unexpected in some way.

Arnie never made quips, he made puns, which are an actual form of joke.

quips: smartass lines
one-liners: badass lines

>A One-Liner
delivered properly, with reason, and by the right actor is either hilarious or awesome.

>quip
something written in a bitterly vain attempt at being cool or funny but only always comes off as completely faggy because it was written by some fucking nerd who will seriously admit to liking certain things "only ironically".

Because in today's movies they don't allow space for them.

These writers have them saying quips when they should be trying to catch their breath. That and they aren't funny.

>no grain

>Arnie never made quips, he made puns, which are an actual form of joke.
>"SEE YOU AT THE PARTY, RICHTER!"

They used to come at the end of a scene between two actors. Now the come mid scene between half a dozen actors.

It's the, i'm in a fight but still snarky shit

God love Commando

thats a "one liner" not a quip.

fucking learn the difference before posting

One Liner takes place right before or right after some Action

a

Quip takes place DURING the action

many more differences if you bothered to study film but this is the most obvious to the untrained eye

>Remember when I told I would kill you last?
>>Yes, yes, you did.
>Lying is a bad habit. You should never do that again. I hope you have now learned your lesson. Bye bye.

>Arnold chops a guys head off
>AGHH DAHNT LOOSE YO HEADH
fucking hilarious

>Im bringing the party to you
>I dont see how thats a party
Fucking awful

Social media, smart phones, internet.