ITT dishonesty in filmmaking

ITT dishonesty in filmmaking

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1484116780586/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This movie is so reddit it hurts

this is so Sup Forums contrarian that it hurts

Why is this redditor trying to force his reddit culture into Sup Forums culture?
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1484116780586/

>dishonesty in filmmaking

In what sense?

t. dishonest redditor

This is true

This is reddit

I see the go-to word has changed from "inauthentic" to "dishonest".

WHATS DISHONEST ABOUT THIS FUCKING FILM YOU STUPID NIGGERS???????? AND REFRAIN FROM GIVING MEEM ANSWERS!!!!!!))1

>le good thing is bad meme

But OP is a confirmed redditor and gets really upset when actual honest posting happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY

you right op

itt reddit argues with each other on a separate board that has a common user base.

You sound like a confirmed schizo or a confirmed la la land pleb

PTA, fincher, villeneuve are all inauthentic video sensibility
lalaland is dishonest

there is a very big difference

Alien Covenant

Isn't all filmmaking dishonest?

>hatting goose movie

you are not welcome on my board

Moar like Lie Lie Land

He's taking it too far now.

=============================
THIS IS THE FASCIST LINE
EVERY MOVIE POSTED ABOVE THIS LINE IS FASCIST

NEWSFLASH.
Calling everything you DON'T like... REDDIT... is NOT an argument!

I like the cut of your jib

That's a pretty dishonest post.

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS EVEN MEAN

I don't know it's hard to tell who is being honest

pic related, dishonest animation

>watches La La Land once

Quitd frankly it was refreshingly honest and a more accurate portrayal of regular people than most of the "kino" cinema discussed on this board

t. Dishonest thinkers

It's shit is what it is

What is the difference? Be as specific as possible.

It wasn't funny the previous time, and it isn't funny now.

What will he do when the meteor hits the planet?

That you'll succeed if you follow your dreams.

Lurk more

What are some other examples of dishonest films? Birdman and The Revenant are the first that come to mind.

Any David O. Russell film

Oh look, memes.

2001, Citizen Kane, Apocalypse Now, Seven Samurai, 8 1/2, Problem Child 2, Vertigo, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Seventh Seal, The Godfather, Andrei Rublev.

The martian

2001 is the opposite of dishonest

Those are all kino though

Kino is probably the most dishonest word ever invented by chinese pictureboard posters.

All film is dishonest. What matters is how forgiving you are.

So does dishonest filmmaking basically mean "movies made with the intention of becoming universally acclaimed / winning oscars" ?because that's what it seems like.

no thats what oscar bait is, dishonest filmmaking is just a meme Sup Forums is forcing recently

Oh so dishonesty is a good thing, got it

You're a dishonest guy

I would assume that "dishonesty" in filmmaking means to manipulate a film's story or environment to reflect a fiction and present it as truth.

Y'know, like every fiction film out there.

Dishonest filmmaking is a film where stylistic choices are made to impress critics/viewers, instead of an actual creative vision.

i.e. Boyhood, La La Land, The Master, the list goes on...

This

>Kurosawa, Hitchcock, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Kubrick, Welles, Chaplin, Keaton, the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity. You are everything wrong with this board.

I have an idea.

Reply to this post with your favorite film of all time.
Explain how it is not dishonest.

This

Its basically films that blandly made to appease the masses with no artistry or good direction. Like spotlight or the force awakens or birdman etc

> tonnes of 5 star reviews
>92% on rotten tomatoes
>trailer showing the best bits
>watch the movie
>2 hours long
>virtually no drama, conflict , obstacles, or really anything happening at all
>only 2 characters in the whole move
>they fall in love have a relationship for a while then break up when they need to be in different places for their careers. that's all the plot
>abysmal tap dancing scene that is complete and utter garbage compared to ANY old hollywood musical
>only like 3 original musical numbers in general

so bascally nothing really happens, there are only two characters, they just fall in love and have a relationship for a while and the song-and dance scenes are far weaker than in musicals made 60 years ago

Armageddon.

Because America is the greatest country in the world and it's just natural that it singlehandedly saves the planet.

IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE AND I ENJOYED IT BUT I FOUND OUT IT WAS POPULAR AND THEN I DIDN'T ENJOY IT

Dishonest filmmaking/filmmakers (Tarantino, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Edgar Wright, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, Duncan Jones, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans such films often appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' and often where you see people claim "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them.
They leech the greater works that preceded it; for example The Enemy basically being a rip off of Eraser head, but have nothing else to say, yet so often act under the guise of deconstruction, they often have very weak 'social commentary' and features a quirky forgetteable score to be 'innovative'.
These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some of Earnest Filmmaking include, but are not limited to

>Mike Leigh
>Charlie Kaufman
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>George Miller

So basically every modern movie

Marvel movies are the only honest movies left. They don't try to be anything more then what they are, they don't try to be intelligent or make anything artistic, just pure honest shit.

I agree with this post wholeheartedly

what's a jib?

>george miller is honest
>no korine honest
At least do a better job at your imitation.

I don't know why a movie meant to be a "love letter" to old hollywood movies should be praised for such mediocre song and dance numbers.

Also how can it be excused for being 2 hours long yet only managing to provide 2 characters?

movies like Grease, west side story, annie, Oliver, all have more memorable casts, more memorable songs, better dancing and more dramatic plots.

And the "pure" holly wood musicals like singing in the rain show so much better dancing and singing talent that it is insulting to compare them

Collateral Beauty

Is Lynch a honest filmmaker?

>Tyler Perry
keke I hate that fucking nigger

Three Kings was a glorious masterpiece. I quite believe it's time for you to grab a cactus and fuck yourself to death with it.

Your meme is vile

But stylistic choices are often a large part of the creative vision. You realize this don't you?