Why is contemporary Asian Architecture so much more better than western architecture?

Has anyone noticed that for the last 20 years, most of the exciting and interesting architectural styles has come from the east whilst the west has become quite stagnant and dated looking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LXUSzXfdq_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

western buildings are made by soulless kikes

steel and glass are ugly

f

More of Shanghai

Because we already have efficient infrastructure, building a new one just for dick measuring purposes, while appealing, would be a waste of investment and objectively a bad decision for us right now.

Japan, Tokyo

Moscow

Asians are the only superior race .
End of the disscusion

all modern building are ugly

I agree. Still, Paris CBD hasnt aged well. Hopefully by the 2040s, when alot of these buildings start to show their age, Paris city council forces firms to hire competent architects that will hopefully futureproof their city.

Taipai

Asia is growing and keep building new things
Even New York today look dated compared to places like Hongkong or Shanghai
Pic related Tokyo bay Masterplan 2045

Some very nice skylines in this thread. I guess it's because there's no need for such massive building projects in the west, we are talking changing one building at a time in the downtowns of the cities that can sustain skyscrapers, not building up entire new districts from scratch in a couple of decades.

Look at Japan which did get its boom earlier than most of the region, their skylines do look dated as well.

>giant steel pagoda

It probably because there's not much historic functional historic buildings that could be conserved so they can rebuild everything from scratch

youtu.be/LXUSzXfdq_0

Tokyo night

You've got a good point there, having said that there's an issue with messing around in already established skylines, think London, there's some stuff there that we might not consider as bad if it was sitting in an Eastern city.

Even then, a lot of the newer buildings just seem like imitations of other buildings. It feels like proper city planning is no longer is the main priority for city councils and theyre letting (((property developers))) create essentially human chicken farms whilst they destroy the skyline for the sake of short term profit. In Australia, we have this problem. Despite the fact that we are one of the richest countries on earth, with an expanding population, and rapidly expanding cities, we have one of the worst skylines in the world.

Okay, that´s is epic. 10/10

>mfw A professor of mine who is an architect says that the most complex skyscrapers in the world are in Mexico City because the ground is very unstable but still work hard to build them.

YOU´RE THE ONLY SUPERIOR RACE!

I agree, ofc i'd rather have better buildings in my city but since you ask why the west doesn't do it, well it's just not the priority right now
If we don't take those priorities we'll never be able to have new skylines in the future, better fix EU before starting some massive projects

I was at kuala lumpur few month back and they were building skyscrapers everywhere and they all looked futuristic af. asians are richer than americans i swear

Spamming identical skyscrapers all over the city doesn't count as good architecture

that thing will never be built. but Im sure a bilionaire recluse will try.

All I see is a Dildo for a kinky Giant.

looks like shit

Probably a lot of time and money could be saved if we hollowed out a mountain and colonised inside it

I'm sorry, but are any of those supposed to be impressive architecture?

Even the postmodernist crap is better.

It is natural that emerging buildings are more modern than old cities

t. commieblockistan

these all-glass and mixed glass new buildings are all over canada imo. all of our major cities are turning into ultra-dense high-rise areas including my hometown of 500k.

soccer stadium there is neat

>exciting and interesting

I often wonder if this style of architecture is purposely designed to erase all soul and individuality, making it easier for nations to be merged into one. Certainly looks bland to me.