When's it hitting a billion?

When's it hitting a billion?

most likely this weekend -- kinda amazing

>kinda amazing
Good for Rogue One but lets not get carried away. Its been out for a month and its the latest tentpole and was released against no competition.

what are you even talking about

>kinda amazing

Sup Forums told me it would bomb. Why didn't Trump do anything about this?

Not him. But Rogue One is not making as much as one would think. I wonder if the bad taste of TFA has staled Star Wars hype.

Anyone on here that said it would bomb was memeing. It's fucking Star Wars. It can't bomb.

That cgi clone wars movie doesn't count.

its not even done yet

this isn't some shitty mad max movie

its going to be in theaters for months

Are you kidding? It exceeded expectations. Disney even low balled how much it was going to make last weekend.

>Highest Grossing Films of 2016
1 Captain America
2 Finding Dory
3 Zootopia
4 The Jungle Book

I stopped reading there, god knows how far down the list I would have to go to find Rogue One.

It was never expected to make anything close to what TFA made, if that was your expectation. TFA also had a lot of repeat viewings, something that's probably not happening with Rogue One. Nearly a billion in a month is pretty good.

Hopefully
Rogue One > TFA

I was just saying that a Rogue One is doing as expected. Its not "amazing"

TFA pretty much killed Star Wars in China. Opening weekend of Rogue One there was less than the opening day of TFA.

Also, in other Asian and South American countries it's been doing much less than TFA, so it's not even going to pass Civil War for the #1 spot on the year.

Of course, Disney wins either way.

You mean all the way down to #5?

The standalone movies weren't expected to do as well as the main episode movies. Episode VIII will likely wreck everyone's shit just like TFA did.

Except Avatar and Titanic, right?

thats_the_joke.exe

Mad Max was way better than this

And I liked Rogue One

How though? RO felt even more bland than TFA did. I felt like I was just watching a checklist of action movie bits. None of it felt genuine, There was no urgency or tension to any of it. The closest it got was when the town got blown up by the death star and the explosion looked pretty cool, but then they ripped of Independence Day with the spreading explosion and escaping it, but of course it wasn't as good.