Are you fucking serous? What the fuck did I just watch? What the point of this flick? Is Neon Demon as shitty...

Are you fucking serous? What the fuck did I just watch? What the point of this flick? Is Neon Demon as shitty? How can a guy that made Drive shoot this garbage. FUCK

Haven't seen it yet, I do like that artwork though mmmmmmh

It's better than Drive. Like ND it's a genre film told beautifully. Goose isnt actually the real human bean and hero in this one which throws a lot of people off, but a random dead mook's ineffectual brother, trying in vain to avenge him against actual hero Chang representing God's mercy.

It's not over yet m8

>plebs first art film

Go back to capeshit bitch

It's about President Duterte before he became President

In a way Drive was Refn filtered through a crime novel. OGF and ND are basically pure unadulterated Refn.

kys nigger
it's good in terms of mood, atmasphere lighting and shit but the ending is fucking non-existent. a build up for fucking nothing.

cinema

Moral of the movie - if you mom fucks you you better cut her dead body open and then willingly cut your hands off

I have a suspicion that deep down Refn hates Drive.
>he didn't write it
>he basically only made it for money
>soundtrack is 80s-inspired pop instead of slow and brooding
>his first choice for actor dropped out
yet
>it's his most famous film
>he won best director at Cannes for it - a feat he hasn't come close to since
>his films since, that he wrote, have been slated by critics

poor guy...

because it everything since drive was pretentious shit
you don't need to be "deep" or "not like others" to make a good film
if someone wrote a good screenplay and story for him he could make another film but on his own he's fucked and forever rotten

I keep comparing it with it Santa Sangre and I find it shit then (I see common themes and images and I take into account Refn's adoration to Jodo, he was greatly influenced). On its own, it's not that bad, but it could be better.
Neon Demon is the worst Refn (I haven't seen Fear X and Bleeder)

jesus christ I'll stay away from nd then

>soundtrack is 80s-inspired pop instead of slow and brooding
Yeah, but clearly that was a choice from Refn.

>his first choice for actor dropped out
I read that originally the movie was going to be made by Neil Marshall and Huge Actman. Huge dropped, Ryan entered the project, then Neil quit, and it was the Goose who suggested they get Refn for it.

What didn't you like?

Chang never forgives anyone. However Goose forgives him for killing his brother. Thus if the title is anything to go by, Goose is God.

Am I pleb for turning off valhalla rising?

>a guy who is submissive to his mother gets exploited by her for her benefit
>this goes right until a stronger power comes along
>this stronger power kickss his and his mother's ass

>moral of the tale: stop being a bitch and get some balls son or else thai men will eat them

>muh story

>>his first choice for actor dropped out
What are you talking about? Goose was attached first and he was given the freedom to choose the director, it was him who brought Refn on board.

>I read that originally the movie was going to be made by Neil Marshall and Huge Actman. Huge dropped, Ryan entered the project, then Neil quit, and it was the Goose who suggested they get Refn for it.
No, they talked about it loads of times in interviews

The guy from the Hobbit was supposed to do it, but then he got cast in the Hobbit and dropped out. The producers weren't sure about Refn in general but the "famous" meeting Refn and Gosling was Refn deciding whether or not he could work with him.
And Gosling was nervous cause Refn was autistic so he thought he didn't like him and that he wasn't gonna get the role

Yes because its his only other good film besides Fear X

Not only a pleb, but a philistine.

Wait, no I'm getting mixed up
Hobbit guy was gonna do OGF, then dropped out so Refn chose Goose
My bad

>that part where he stabs the guy's eyeballs
Geez refn

this confuses the pleb

reckon you're just a pretentious cunt who says he likes all art films despite art films being bad just as commonly as pleb films
only god forgives is boring and incredibly unsubtle with the most obvious and not at all interesting allegories. it's shit tier art house
looks gorgeous tho

This, valhalla rising is the only good Refn arthouse.

>Is Neon Demon as shitty?
Its even worse. Don't get memed, its fucking shit. Sup Forums can be autistic as fuck for a few movies.

pleb detected