ITT: Messages you've sent bands

bump for interest

this a cringe thread?

That's a douchy reply they gave you

it was a douchey post to begin with

i can probably out-cringe the OP tbqh

I emailed John Maus & he replied a month later calling me "worryingly delusional".

"Dear Mr. Maus / John, please don't continue beyond this sentence if you are busy or otherwise distracted with more pressing matters. You kept reading? Great! Well first for introductions. My name's [my name] & I've listened to all of your albums. Pitiless Censors wasn't great in my opinion but Songs really was a gripping listen. I digress. The reason for my writing you today is to inquire as to whether you could provide for me any advice that you would have given to yourself at a younger age when you were recording your first album & no-doubt dreaming of musical (and other) success? Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim. I'm 23 years old & I recently graduated from university with a degree in Music compisition. Suffice to say I've struggled to find a job but I have in the time I have been unemployed recorded an album that I am confident will have a major effect on the musical world should it find a record label willing to give it a chance. Here's when you come in, John (do you mind me calling you that?). I have discovered your address via legal means online & I am wondering whether you would be willing to receive my album in its entirety, along with the liner notes (I'll even throw in my photo for free!) & first of all give me your feedback on it & then, providing you enjoy it to pass it on to your friends in the recording world (I know how well-connected you folks are) so that I can avoid the dreaded reject pile of doom! Anyways, so let me know asap & I can have the album on your straw 'Welcome' mat by the end of the week. If you'd rather I hand it to you in person & take some time to discuss our respective views on music contemporary and otherwise I would love to visit your house at [his address] & spend a few hours shooting the shit. So let me know John & we can then discuss the next step of our correspondence. Thanking you again & again, [name]."

>Wow, still haven't introduced myself, huh. Well, here's the slim

old pasta, but a good one

user what the fuck

Think I might've told metro boomin he ain't shit. A few times. With evidence in the form of better trap instros. I thought it was funny on a personal level because I fucking loathe trap.

I might have been drunk.

probably the best post of 2017

That was the best thread

No? He just ripped the biggest bong, that's not even douchy. Half-wit quips are douchy

uhh I messaged The Locust on fb asking for hi-res artwork I wanted to make into a poster and they sent me the files.

I asked Slint to do my math homework once

I still never got why this post was so bad.

I posted on Fleet Foxes' facebook page that Father John Misty is just FF for ironic hipster douchebags and they actually liked the comment.

I took some old vhs tapes spliced it together, caught this really colourful explosion, looped it, set it to I Saw a Ray, sent it to Grouper but she never responded. Oh well.

Slint's math skills are overrated.

hurts everytime

lmfao i remember that post, my response is in the cap. Poor john

it's not OK to find someone's personal address

Why? Thought it was funny

t. guy who sent the email

Can we just make this a Best of Sup Forums thread?

I don't know why I find this so funny

low IQ

How else was he supposed to mail his album? It's not like he was going to stalk him.

No, read the picture again.

new album when?
nice trips

I’ve had numerous interactions with Anton newcombe on YouTube. Sometimes you get a normal guy and sometimes you get an angry/stand offish guy

I know I sound like a cringy dumbass here but it just goes to show how nice of a guy Phil is that he'd respond. This was before people publicly new about Genevieve's cancer so the fact that he was still bothering to read dumb fan emails while dealing with that is really something.

Also sent one to Peter from Homeshake on a fake account way back in 2014 to come play a show in my city and he said he'll try. Ended up seeing him in 2017 and meeting him.

phil is honestly such a great guy

>as a KID
UNDERAGE LEAVE

It’s 2018

I emailed Stephen Malkmus once because he claims to hate the Eagles but his song Houston Hades is basically a rip off of The Long Run by the Eagles, never got a reply

>How else was he supposed to mail his album?
By contacting his manager? Anyone with a reasonable amount of popularity has someone handle fan letters and business inquiries.

I saw this on facebook, you really are a pathetic person, without a doubt.

I was almost 20 when I wrote that, which probably makes it more embarrassing but no I didn't literally mean "adolescent".

When Devchan got ripped on for his Sup Forums posts I tweeted a response to Zachary Cole Smith's tweets and he responded. My tweet was one of the ones featured in the p4k article.

Some guy I only kind of knew randomly reactivated his facebook account and messaged me to ask me about it, it was kind of funny actually.

called grimes an sjw and a cunt, she blocked me lol

"Disgusting niggeroids"

I drunkenly met him and kind of embarassed myself. Came on a little too strong with the fandom and it makes me cringe to this day. He was really cool, gave me a high five, and what not. Told me there is a good noise scene

classic

Man Phil is such a great person holy shit

The original writer of that is a little delusional, but that is typical of a young creative man having a kind of manic state about his first work. It is weapons-grade cringe in retrospect, which is why it is important not to publicize things like this, but it seems like a really good idea in the moment.

The fact that Maus got pissed at the length of the message is just bullshit. I guarantee that he absorbed this self-important trait from academia-- professors who are so far up their own asses that they wouldn't deign to actually listen to somebody. Ironically, this in itself is like a more advanced form of the young artist's episode-- the old intellectual's quest in their head where they're just so busy with their grand theories every waking hour that they don't have a moment to spare.

nobody will read this

you know that exchange never actually happened and that the whole thing was concocted to get replies, right?

lmao they pwned u autismo

JUST

i've sent some 10/10 absolute classic cringe content to death grips

Share it.

nice

not for free babe XD

xxx never read my instragram message :'(

this

fucking best thread of 2017

This was honestly the most lively thread of last year, that and the one about Brandon being homeless

Here's a gay message I sent Ariel Pink

>or if that's a stupid thing to say for some reason
jeeze, don't be so insecure

you just gave him a new band to pl- be inspired by

i hate myself

still nothing will ever top this

god i fucking love this website

Kek

I sent a Facebook message to a slightly obscure metal band from a different country.

I was drunk at the time and sent them a positive message about how great they were. I deleted the message hoping they wouldn't see it. They thanked me for my support. Too late I guess...

I love Ariel Pink

he's my very favourite

I asked Gojira if they've played Ecco the Dolphin, they never got back to me

Jesus fucking kek at the first one

t. the user who wrote Maus the email

I remember this post, still great

me and a couple of my friends were pretty drunk and going through the bonaroo lineup when we saw this guy left his phone number on Spotify
it was funny in the moment

I sent a twitter DM to Phil asking for some information regarding an upcoming show of his. He responded surprisingly fast and was very nice.

Everything he does just solidifies his position as my favourite artist.

Still pretty cool that they liked it though.

Those avalanches fellows are a cool bunch.

I use to speak to Avery Tare on instagram quite infrequently but he always managed to respond no matter what you'd send him. I also got free entry to a DIIV gig after speaking to Devin for a while.

cringeworthy

I read all of that. You are definitely "worryingly delusional."

Met this guy, been to his house. Actually he is chill.

I sent a drunken e-mail to Phil Elverum after his wife died. I'll see if I can find it but I may have deleted it. It was bad.

i hate how overused this word has become but this is the definition of cringey

god i fucking hate gen z

Generation zombie?

Says the millennial

Fuck you, gramps.

I saw on Protest the Hero's website that they were playing in my state, but as it turned out they were playing in a different country with the same town name. I messaged them to fix it and they did.

nice guys

Once I mailed Freddy Koella when I realised he was french (just like me).
So I asked him lot of questions about him and his experience as a guitarist in Bob Dylan band.
He answered all my questions and asking me to not publish it on internet.
I was pretty happy, as the big Dylan fan I am.

Sup Forums is generally pretty comedy-free but this was one of the biggest laughs Sup Forums's ever given me.

I messaged Avey on insta but he never replied and then deleted his account :(

Am I the only one who thought this was made up?

No caps, but back when I still had facebook, I'd talk to bands all the time. You'd be surprised how many would write back out of sheer boredom.

Have talked with:
>lil B
>wiL from Aiden
>Michael Graves
>all the dudes from the original This Romantic Tragedy lineup
>original Born Of Osiris guys (myspace days)
>Ian from It Prevails (total cunt)
>the lead dude from Plushgun (total fag)
>Vinnie from I am The Avalanche

probably a lot more that I'm forgetting