You have 10 seconds to explain your hate for this masterpiece

>You have 10 seconds to explain your hate for this masterpiece

GO

Sup Forums hates shawshank redemption? then i guess i do too now.

it insists upon itself, Lois

It's dishonest

Dufresne?

its a good film, but nowhere as great as some people make it out to be
good film for when you are switching through channels and carch it per chance, but one of the best movies of all time? absolutely, laughably ridiculous

it's obtuse

Deakins is a dishonest cinematographer

>everything is dishonest
what meme did I miss?

i was going to make a joke about niggers but i like shawshank too much. good mobie.

The strange lack of women characters also bothers me. It's just mindboggling that women even like this movie so how it's placed at #1 on IMDb? It's indeed almost possible to figure out, but since everyone agrees it's at least a good 8/19 movie, no one seems to complain much.

The Tom Hanks prison movie is more memorable. Perhaps not as good.

because at the end they let a black guy out of jail

>The Tom Hanks prison movie is more memorable
so memorable no one remembers its title

he wasn't in a prison he was in an airport idiot

It insists upon itself

What the fuck are you on about? Everything you need to know about "Life" and "Relationships" as Men is within this movie. Its not "Number 1" because everybody bandwagon'd it (we saw how godfather, darknight & interstellar were knocked the fuck off the top list) because it couldn't be moved from its rightfully deserving numbero uno spot. Its not a "Good" film, it's THE film *tips*

What kind of rapist gang is called "The Sisters"?

They should have been giga-raped every day for naming themselves that.

Tv hates everything that is liked universally because they believe liking universal masterpieces isn't edgy enough

Doesn't it have an absolutely massive plot hole?

I don't hate it, it's just ok.

The main character was supposed to be this 5'4 little mouse of an accountant. So they cast one of the biggest men in Hollywood, 6'5" Tim Robbins. He towers over everyone, even Clancy Brown as the head guard. It's hard to look intimidating when your chin is tilted upward to look someone in the eyes. And of course, the freewheeling ginger Irishman was played by Morgan Freeman.

The movie was otherwise well cast, well paced, well written and directed, but the two leads were such major swings and misses.

i always liked it JUST FINE. and that's it. its not a masterpiece, damn... i only heard in recent years that some people were creaming themselves over it. it's merely a HONEST story, a simple one at that, that wouldn't have been out of place as an oddly competent MOVIE MADE FOR TV.

Now I'd like to tell you that Andy Dufresne didn't get violently raped in the ass by the sisters, but I'd be lying to you. During the course of his stay at Shawshank poor Andy Dufresne took miles of unwanted dick right up his ass. He never told anyone exactly how many gallons of semen he swallowed, but from the sound of the muffled screams, we can only assume it was in the triple digits.

He was a good friend.

You fought in the Prison Wars?