There's a crowd of 70,000 in Atlanta right now for an MLS game

>there's a crowd of 70,000 in Atlanta right now for an MLS game
>yet the American sports MSM refuse to acknowledhge or even talk about anything MLS related
Why do ((((they)))) want soccer to fail so badly in America? You cannot ignore MLS's growing popularity for much longer. Soon redneck losers like Ann Coulter will be the thing of the past and garbage """""""""""sports"""""""""""" like niggercrash will be relegated to the back seat while Americans embrace soccer.

Other urls found in this thread:

mlssoccer.com/post/2015/04/25/mls-maintains-status-most-diverse-professional-sports-league-north-america
anncoulter.com/columns/2014-06-25.html
breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/14/analysis-donald-trump-getting-rolled-daca/
wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-wont-withdraw-from-paris-climate-deal-1505593922
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>sports main audience is poor immigrants and numale white boys
>said audience is also poor so MLS barely makes any money compared to the Big 4 sports
>wonder why the mainstream media doesn't give a fuck about it

People went to check out the new stadium, nothing more. If (((they))) could make sheckels off this it'd actually be broadcast on tv. But the american public would much rather watch college football on a saturday.

Dont worry bro. Soccer is already big and no fatfuck virgin neets who worship BBC and watch boreball here can convince us that mls isnt relevant. The sports media in this country wont be able to ignore us for much longer. Mls demographics are young millenials and a new generation of american kids are being raised with mls and soccer. White trash bbc worshippers can only cry in despair that their garbage sports are slowly becoming irrelevant and a thing of the past.

At least MLS has an audience. Unlike NFL which is going down the drain even faster than people expected. The only context in which people discuss NFL these days is in political protests and police brutality. How sad is that?

Soccer's for fags

>w-we just want to check out the new stadium brah lol sawker lol gay xD

lol the entire problem with our national team is that the youth program is filled with Anglo upper class types who have zero athletic talent or competitive drive. You are so off the mark with your comment. If soccer were a game of the lower class in the States we would be much better off.

if soccer is growing then why are we struggling to qualify for the WC?

Keep damage controlling Cletus. Dont forget to lap up Tyshawn's sweat and semen off of his footbaw helmet!

I work for an accounting firm and we sometimes get suite tickets for basketball or football or baseball. Not once has anyone given us a ticket to a soccer game.

that's really cool but how much did the tickets cost?

people showing up for some overhyped thing that won't last another week because tickets were dirt cheap isn't really anything special

It's the same liberal cuck everyday making a thread about MLS and butthurt the rest of the country doesn't care about his shitty sport like his precious europeans do

>((()))

MLS still struggles to make a large profit because its still in the invest/build stage. Its only been around for about 20 years. Everything it makes, goes right back into improving/better talent/more amenities. It has to actually compete for talent unlike the other sports.

NFL games sell more tickets and cost more. If NFL teams sold their tickets at MLS prices tickets would sell out almost instantly.

Average right now for mid tier seats is 40-50 bucks.

>20 years
>still less popular than hockey who's fanbase in America is only in select cities

>Yes ahhhh Jamal, slap dat handegg up my ass ohhh yesssss

hey Chaim. Why are you trying to make us worship niggers and isolate ourselves from our Evropean brothers?

>doesnt acknowledge that NFL and American football is dying at all levels
>doesn't acknowledge that the sport is now just a tedious political shitshow

>Damage control
>NFL literally makes 29 times more profit than MLS despite it being a 4 month season.

ok buddy

(((They))) want our rolemodels to be roided up chimps instead of graceful powerful white men like Messi and Ronaldo. Fuck (((them)))

The more an American expresses an irrational autistic hatred toward soccer, the more likely he is to be from a subhuman flyover shithole and raised by a family where his father is also his brother.

>Ronaldo
>White
>Argentinian Messi
>White

>foreigner trying to talk about football

You don't understand. Football is in our culture here just as soccer is for you. Most high schools here take huge pride in our football teams and Friday night games is a part of school tradition. Same thing in college, students have pride in their school's football team. And the Super Bowl is like the World Cup for us. Soccer doesn't have the power or interest among the people here to block something that's been in our culture for a while.

mlssoccer.com/post/2015/04/25/mls-maintains-status-most-diverse-professional-sports-league-north-america
no you

So? The guy asking for favors at your firm doesn't like soccer. Literally means nothing. Soccer has been a game for Anglophiles up until very recently. WASPs are exactly what people think of when they think upper/upper middle class America.

>a spic and a dude darker than more beaner is now considered white

lol, i can tell some non white immigrant wrote this

diverse because it isn't 99% nog

Nice divide and conquer jew memes.

Messi is unironically whiter than you. Literally.

You're retarded, guy. NOBODY in America gives a shit about sports the way you just described. Especially not the educated and upper class. There's a reason hooliganism is so foreign of a phenomenon for us. You're vastly overestimating the common man's passion for sports.

>le 56% man is suddenly le ebin purist

both are whiter than the DaQuan Jones and Marcellus Houston's you jerk your LWC off to every Sunday, handegg cuck.

baseball is a boring sport

I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.

This is their 3rd game in this stadium though, the whole "want to check out the stadium" crowd has already done that

>nhl avg attendance 18k
>mls avg attendance 22k

So you're saying your high school didn't shill your football team and remind you guys to get tickets to Friday's game? Your college doesn't shill your football team as much as possible? The Super Bowl isn't one of the most watched sporting events every year? You're either completely sheltered from life outside your house or you're just straight up denying it. People go to Football games even if they don't necessarily give a fuck about the sport. When I go watch my college team there's tons of sorority girls who probably don't even know what a screen pass is but still go to every game because it's treated as a social event. Same thing in High School, not everyone there cares about football but they want to see their friends play or just have a place to hang out with their classmates. Same thing with the Super Bowl, people go to SB parties not even caring about watching the game. Football here transcends just being a sport sportsfans watch, it's part of the culture and I don't see soccer of all sports changing that.

>high school
>college
Ah, there's your problem right there. You're a youngfag. I'm talking about adults here, not people in daycare. When people grow up and start to achieve things on their own, they usually shed frivolous identifies like "sports fan." People go to sports games to entertain friends and women. It's a status symbol, not a real passion.

>moving the goalposts

What a faggot

this thread is dumb because people think in all or nothing terms.

It's like the existence of a bagels at a buffet proves it's run by Jews.

I can't, and wont, be ignored for much longer and I say this as a former football fan who has become disenfranchised with the Negro Football League and the two team mandrama driven league of bakkaball.

The writing is on the walls that is this website. Go to nfl/nba threads and it's literally neets cuckposting....thats their prime demographic, and that's the people who are going to fund the league??? Not likely, these people will hardly be able to fund their obesity in 10 years. Soccer threads on the other hand are a cosmpolitian collection of casual conversation that the well-to-do millennial can resonate with.

Its 2017, people don't want to go to stadiums and see people give each other CTE anymore. Once there is money to be made on the other side of the table they will turn faster than NFL fans can go on a racist rant about Keapernig

Buffets ARE run by Jews, though.

>dodges the point again
>refuses to acknowledge that the sport is slowly dying and the core fan base is being turned away by BLM shit

The viewing numbers get worse ever season.

>moving the goal posts

Lol

>ITT eurocucks and numales defend soccer

Give it up nerds. It will never takeover football. Soccer is a sissy sport for girls and immigrants

>implying I want it takeover football
>or any other sport for that matter

I like sports.

Wow sounds like indoctrination.

And the viewing numbers are still miles ahead of MLS. MLS is the 5th most watched sport and Football is first, once MLS surpasses Basketbal, Baseball and hockey maybe you'll have a point, but the difference between MLS and NFL is night and day.

You said
>football is our culture here
I pointed out that it's only a passion for the young, and that people with money, the middle class and above (i.e. the people who matter) absolutely do not have the same level of passion about football as Europeans do about soccer. Your petty insults won't change this fact.

Ronaldo is obsessed with tanning its not his natural skim color check the younger pictures of him too see how pale he was

>LOOK GUYS LOOK!!!!!!! LOOK GUYS WE ARE JUST LIEK EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE FANS!!!!!!!!!!! ULTEASSS !!!!!!! WE HAVE ATMOSHPEHRE JUST LIEK EUROPE!!!!! LOOK AT THIS A E T M O S P H E R E !!!!!!!! PPLEASE NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you get over your shit already?
>Why do ((((they)))) want soccer to fail so badly in America?
1. its not a soccer, its a football
2. if (((they)))) want something, then the MLS 100l attentdan is one of this things. Big sports is no more than laundring of money and washing of brains.

wrogn link

In the US, white people in the under 30s demographic will very soon be the minority. That'll already starting to be reflected in the demise of NFL and the rise of MLS.

Even though many adults may not be hardcore sports fans, if they happen to watch a sport it's usually football or maybe baseball or basketball. When people get together at a bar and a game is on, it's usually a football game they're watching or maybe baseball/basketball during the week. When adults invite people over to watch their alumni they watch them play football. The middle class fucking loves football, the middle class is what's making the NFL and NCAA all this money. Sure maybe the upper class, the 1%, don't watch it as much but they represent a small portion of society and they usually don't care about sports in general, not that they vastly prefer soccer to football. You just sound really sheltered, like you don't know what's going on the communities around you. I grew up in a suburb near Boston and now I live in Atlanta so I generally can only speak for the East Coast, maybe you're from California or something and things are different, but from I've observed what you say isn't true.

Vile.

there are more black guys in MLS with white wives than in NFL or NBA, lol
plus they are less marginalized(compared to basketvall/football future stars) in high school/uni leagues and thus white girls are more likely to have relationships with them

I could say the same for white people under 30 in England, soon they will all be Muslim. And now you'll reply saying this isn't true and I have no idea what I'm talking because I'm not from England and I can say the same for you. You don't know what you're talking about.

You have no idea what you're talking about

(((They))) can't sell as many ads for a soccer game as for a football game. NFL is about 15 minutes of actual play, and 3.5 hours of "be sure to drink plenty of beers and buy a nice big truck -- and don't forget the boner pills you need because you're overweight and sit in an office all day."

america is a powerhouse and the superpower of the world. its only a matter of time until they dominate football/ """"soccer""", thats my genuin opinion. tßh, they would get much more repsect for winning the WC than any niggerball&boreball achievement. good choice in my opniion and i wercome our american overlords.

Honestly if advertisement was that big of an issue and soccer was really growing that much they could very easily find ways to sneak more advertisement in it, like showing a quick ad while a setpiece is set up or a foul occurs. But there's no incentive to do so because it's not popular and adding more advertisements would be a waste of time and just alienate the small dedicated fanbase MLS already has.

I do. I ama a social engineer and a prominent social scientist of /int and /pol.

Look at the world aroung with clear eyes

This is a discussion about whether American football fans are as passionate about their sport as Euros about soccer. I've lived and traveled all across the country and outside of hardcore college towns what you're saying is not true in my experience. I'll change my mind when there are actual gangs doing violence for their teams and if you show me where stadiums can even chant something more complicated than "let's go team" in unison.
If football is "our culture" then it does not reflect well on us because it isn't 1/10th as developed as soccer anywhere else in the world.

You're not fooling anyone, shill

They don't do it because no other soccer league does it and die hard fans would get pissed since they all watch foreign leagues too.

we have ads here in live football matches, it is pretty pathetic.
After 30 minutes or so they move up the game to 80% of the screen and fill the rest with an ad for like 10 seconds

Why is the idea of football ("soccer") becoming a mainstream sport in the US triggering so many Americans?

You will always be able to watch whatever sports you like, so don't worry.

>import 3rd worlders by the millions
>3rd world shit becomes popular

hmmm made me think

> I ama a social engineer and a prominent social scientist
>I ama
You're just a clueless r*dditor

This is a discussion about the popularity of soccer compared to football in America, you're just moving the goalposts again. No one claimed that American sportsfans are more hardcore than the dudes lighting flares and beating the shit out of rival fans in Europe and South America. We're talking about the popularity of the two sports in America. The thing is popularity isn't measured by just the superfans, it's measured by the popularity of the general public. I agree that there are a lot more hardcore fans of soccer in foreign countries but that is irrelevant.

Nobody gives a shit about soccer, especially now since the Dreamers are going back.

>This is a discussion about the popularity of soccer compared to football in America, you're just moving the goalposts again. No one claimed that American sportsfans are more hardcore than the dudes lighting flares and beating the shit out of rival fans in Europe and South America
Yet you said:
>You don't understand. Football is in our culture here just as soccer is for you.
So will you admit that you're wrong now?

Too bad those 30 year olds are raising a generation that loves football too.

I live in suburban Houston which is a fucking boiling pot of diversity and peeps love football. Sunday are filled with people walking around wearing their texans gear and tv ads all feature jj watts not some dynamo nobody.

Soccer is still the lesser sport. The only hope soccer really has (imo) here is pulisic turning into an outstanding player but once us soccer team is out of the wc it won't matter for shit.

That's my point, adding advertisements at this point would do more harm than good. But Brazil does it because soccer is loved a lot there and people will watch regardless. You can't think that they wouldn't increase the number of advertisement in soccer if it was getting the numbers the NFL was getting. But as of now soccer is a sort of niche sport, one with a dedicated fanbase that will be turned off to MLS if it just gets full of ads. American football can still put up a lot of ads because people will watch it regardless.

If divegrass becomes mainstream, it becomes socially required knowledge to know what is going on. I wish I wouldn't have to deal with that shit, so I can fully understand any American not wanting to bother with that.
>mfw Germany will never be a basketball-focused nation
>mfw I have no face

I like soccer and hate the MLS,kek... it's like watching girls when you could be watching men (I.e. European leauges)

There's only about 5-10 MLS players that could make a premier league roster (some might make it in the eredivisie, maybe ~20-25)

But they're not going back.

Last I heard Trump wants to give them amnesty.
He also apparently changed his mind on climate change and wants to let the US in the Paris agreement, because the recent hurricanes in the US scared him, kek

If you Amerifags are smart you undercut the MLS and set up a new system where it is possible in theory for local clubs to promote to the big league in a few years, you could have your own Leichester story there (life long fox fan here btw) So that people of a 300 million have more then just 16 clubs in a single division with the nearest pro club 500 km away to root for... local teams can promote/demote their divisions it adds a very different post season drama then just the drafting dynamic.

>dirt cheap tickets for a novelty team at a novelty stadium
>arthur (((blank))) grinning at all of these shekels coming his way
There's your answer, Sage this shit.

>posts a nigger meme
When will apecollide faggots ever stop embarrassing themselves?

..what? Who are the "dreamers"?

>mfw Germany will never be a basketball-focused nation

So you want Germany to become a black nation?

Nice try, Motumbo

It's an Americuck stationed in Germany so it's Motumbo Johnson III.

whats ann coulter got to do with anything..

MLS is obsessed with copying the NFL format so relegation is nowhere on the horizon yet. I think many MLS fans coming over from European leagues would love them to scratch the playoffs and the draft entirely.
I'd rather have one-two stacked teams that could theoretically compete with the best clubs in the world instead of 20 shit teams that can't win a Copa but muh parity is holding us back.

>Last I heard Trump wants to give them amnesty.
You were duped by Fake News™

actual white trash checking in. Nobody cares about sports already. pro sports anyway. jokes on you

The two cultures can be different, that's the entire point of what culture is, uniqueness in a society. For us, sports culture is going to the bar to watch a game, hosting a party for a game, or watching our school/city play. In America it's getting together and treating it like a social event. For them it's getting drunk and going apeshit at soccer games. I'm pretty sure America has more casual viewers watching football than there are casual viewers watch soccer in Europe. If you think having the culture soccer fans have in Europe/SA is the only culture possible then you're right, but it's not. Japan doesn't do either for those things for baseball, they just have their children play it and they'll watch a few games live, not treat it as a big social event like in America or some superfan thing in Europe. In America when MLS fans try to mimic the European culture of soccer they got mocked on this board. Why? Because growing up in America you're taught a different sports culture than the one in Europe, it's not the same thing.

Yeah we need steady tier 2 and 3 leagues for promotion/relegation but Americans don't understand that concept in sports to be honest with you.

Baseball is the only sport in America where the lower leagues make any sort of difference, but they are mainly for development purposes and not to fight for promotion or anything (no one cares about the championships one in these divisions, they just care about the players coming out of said leagues from feeder teams into the MLB.

Don't worry we have blacks too! You can just as easily lust for BBC watching "soccer", it's okay.

Won* Jesus

Muslims watch football (soccer) religiously(!) though. How ever fucked our country might be my immigration, the popularity of football will remain the same. The most passionate and crazy fans in the world are muslims.

Then we agree. We don't have their level of passion about sports. It's not "equal but different," it's just different, and they have more passion.
Not necessarily a bad thing because I enjoy the fact that i stopped watching the NFL almost 10 years ago and it's never come up in conversation.

Ann Coulter is /ourgirl/

I went out of my way to find a source that you will like and trust, it confirms my statement

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/14/analysis-donald-trump-getting-rolled-daca/

And here's the news that Trump won't pull out the US from the Paris Agreement after all, fresh from today

wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-wont-withdraw-from-paris-climate-deal-1505593922

Face it, you got fooled
Trump just wants to be liked by the media, he isn't alt-right.

Did you read his tweet about not wanting chain migration yesterday? He may have gotten somewhere with the Dems but if he insists he doesn't want chain migration they're not going to like it, so no deal has been made.

The audience will be about 1/10th that size once the wall is built and DREAMers start getting deported.

>this dumb cunt actually tried to rationalize the imperial system