Is this better or worse than The Force Awakens?

Is this better or worse than The Force Awakens?

what do you mean?

I actually didn't think this was that bad. It was some good fun and just a fun adventure film. People criticized the plot and effects as if it were a Shakespeare play. It was pretty comfy.

What else do you want me to elaborate on? It's a pretty simple question.

how can literal shit be worse than anything?

I'd rather watch it than TFA, but still.

this
I love the originals, but people had on rose-tinted goggles if they thought this was significantly worse.

>ALIENS WTF

you could literally say that about any of the supernatural endings

>GOD WTF
>MAGIC ROCKS WTF
>MAGIC CUP AND AGELESS KNIGHT WTF

Are ypu pointing a gun to my head becsude itferls like it

Mutt was 100% a textbook Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Yet no one brought it up.

The sexism is real.

wtf, mutt was an idiot who got stung by a scorpion, that already makes him not a Gary Stu (also that's literally all I remember about him. Didn't he fence? I don't remember)

First half-hour is Kino. The rest is meh.

Yeah, he fences and is able to fight toe-to-toe with the main villain, keeps up with Indiana and even helps him to snap out of the skull's influence.

>got stung by a scorpion

By that logic, Rey stopped being a Sue when she got knocked out and kidnapped by Kylo Ren.

Much better. It's Spielberg, for God's sake. Even past his prime he still makes some decent movies from time to time. TFA was just another one of Disney's money printers.

This. The scene with Indie and Mutt in the 50s dine and the subsequent chase is the best part of the movie. Everything from when Indie meets Marion and onward is pure shit though.

You're a teacher?

PART time

I hated it. Ford's acting was terrible and the complete lack of realism or any exciting set pieces destroyed what made Indiana Jones good movies.

still worse than the force awakens. But id rather watch this again than that.

Same can be said for TFA relating to Star Wars

>gets all movie opinions from RLM

see

Not really. TFA did elements of what made Star Wars Star Wars decently. The fantasy aspect was there, the action was decent, the lightsaber fight had meaning behind it and I enjoyed the banter from Ford and BB-8.

Crystal Ford lacked everything that I loved about Indiana Jones. Ford's charisma was absent, the set pieces were dull, the fridge scene made me roll my eyes.

He was written sloppily and "muh fencing" is an asspull, but he's supposed to be viewed exasperatedly by the real main character, his father, the guy with whom the audience is supposed to sympathise the most. Plus it's acknowledged that a lot of his behaviour is posturing and he doesn't have full Mary Sue status to back it up.
It's a fine line, but he has enough faults and isn't put up as the "shining star" of the movie enough to be called Mary Sue.

this
the monkeys were gay though

Because I agree with one of their points that means I'm a drone? Fuck off, the third act has all the worst parts of the film. The quick sand, the fencing, the ants, the water ride, etc.

Anyone read Christopher Columbus' script for

Indiana Jones and the Monkey King?

I thought it was total shit.

So would Obama play the Monkey King?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I enjoyed the film but some specific scenes were really out of place to the point I wonder if they rewrote the script or that the people involved were totally tone deaf

>I wonder if they rewrote the script

there's no such thing as a big budget movie without multiple rewrites

>Lucas was involved

It's shit.

Seemingly they should have caught some of the obvious problems with the flick then

especially considering how many years they had to do it and how many previous "Indiana Jones 4 with aliens" scripts they had before

>Plus it's acknowledged that a lot of his behaviour is posturing

WHEN?