Tell me about ASEAN

Tell me about ASEAN
Is it like EU for Southeast Asia?

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/08/09/bank-negara-slams-sgxs-introduction-of-ringgit-futures/
janes.com/article/65260/thailand-s-first-win-for-malaysia-indodef16-d3
thestar.com.my/news/nation/2014/05/26/we-had-to-tell-our-neighbours/
defenseworld.net/news/18786/Chinese_Firm_Details_Littoral_Mission_Ship_Configuration_For_Malaysian_Navy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3 c*mmies in a single economic union
Disgusting!

>3
wait what

No, it's mostly memes. And migration between countries is not as common.

So you don't have visa free travel in ASEAN?

It's visa-free. But still, i have never seen any Cambodian or Laotian who immigrated here.

Nothing like the EU, its just where bunch of poorfags politicians get together and solve regional problems and avoid pointless competition.
Its relations is more like pic related, even ASEAN projects like the asean Bintulu fertilizer plant in more than half paid for by Malaysia alone.
>migration between countries is not as common
Foreigners just the registered ones make up more than 10% of Malaysian population.

that sucks, but at least its the step in the right direction, isn't it?
Southeast Asia needs to stick together if it wants to assert its interests in the modern world

It's not possible.
Unlike EU who pretty much united in sucking murrican's dick, in SEA we must choose between chink or murrica.

I don't think its as functional as the EU, as China is rather effective in dividing its members.

Can't be helped, big chink yuan wants to get us to their side so that they can skip the American base of Singapore.

its either that or a thai canal

What about the canal they planned in Thailand?

What about the Thai canal? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Well damn.
Knew my internets was slow didn't realise it was that slow.

There is banking services between members and humanitarian aid for example our A400M planes fly supplies for the Marawi refugees but plenty of friction between members.
For example recently Singapore with this
thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/08/09/bank-negara-slams-sgxs-introduction-of-ringgit-futures/
As well as recent Vietnamese fishing raiders. Besides everyone seems to love using us as terrorist boss boogeyman since nobody here has been killed by ISIS.

Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam

ASEAN is a big joke and can't even stay united against China's claims.

What about the nine-dash line thing?

w-we'll be relevant soon just you wait

What is Australians position on ASEAN?
Do you guys cooperate with Southeast Asia? Or where do you see your geopolitical future?

Ongoing insurgency, Thais love to say that the insurgents are secretly funded by Malaysia and Singapore since every 31 August which is our independence day someone always leave some bombs under Malaysian flag down south.
The muddy soil as well as removing some mountains and you need to remove soil constantly which drives the cost through the roof.
Constant coup sending plans into the bin.
They need to get their shit together first, we already had to throw away our own 4x4 design and buy Thai First Win 4x4 to bail their rubber and steel business for example
janes.com/article/65260/thailand-s-first-win-for-malaysia-indodef16-d3

I sure hope so. You guys are over 600 million people and have the potential to become a political heavyweight

>Austalia cooperating with ASEAN
Hah, they won't do a damn unless it benefits them in a devious way. They're colossal cunt on a whole.

But those flak towers is gonna shoot everyone.
Do nothing, they send ship, we send a chaser then retreat, chink go home with their propaganda pictures and nobody gets hurt. Nothing anyone can do about their rapid construction anyway, Fiery reef can already house long Badger bombers.
They give us special treatment for normalising relation with them behind the Five power's backs
thestar.com.my/news/nation/2014/05/26/we-had-to-tell-our-neighbours/
Also the Littoral Mission ship program which will be up to 18 warship is already confirmed to be Chinese and basically us paying them tribute.
defenseworld.net/news/18786/Chinese_Firm_Details_Littoral_Mission_Ship_Configuration_For_Malaysian_Navy

but aren't they worried about their own future?
Australia might be wealthy, but they are only 20 million people.
USA wont be able to protect them forever, and without a strong Southeastasian Union, they will become Chinas bitch

At this rate we're going to be China's bitch whether we like it or not. Their economic influence is just too strong; everyone wants to suck their dick for development money.

>Chinas bitch
Funny for you to say that. Because it is something that's actually happening, most of their immigrant population came from China. Soon you won't see any Aussies saying "Oi cunt!" but Chun Wangs saying "Ni hao!" there.

>the potential to become a political heavyweight
>Majority of members average GDP 3k-1k range
>Against economy worth trillions
Its as unlikely as Belarus or Balkan being world powers
Also the integrated fishery terminal, they don't need to shoot us for fish when they can get facility housing an entire fishing armada to fish the Indian ocean. How they got the license for quota belonging to those bordering the Indian ocean is unknown but our policy is to pretend not to know anything about that.

but your GDP is growing pretty quickly

possibly. but it is also possible that china will fuck up sooner or later, then it will be your chance to shine

the only good bois in aseans are malaysia, indonesia, singapore, and vietnam
the others are either being jerk about their own nation, or becoming sucker to greater powers

a unified cooperative asean like EU is hard to be done, it's because most of nations in here are fuckin jerk to each other

But how is EU viewed in ASEAN countries?
Do people say "yes, we want this level of cooperation someday"? Or do they think this would be too much?

I think our government prefers to negotiate one on one with each country rather than the whole bloc as it gives us more power.

If they get more organised we might start sweating.
They let us get away with it, so why not?

>surpassed australia
kangaroos btfo

Of course when market opens up and sweatshop goes up but eventually it will reach power grid, water supply ,educated manpower limits.
Besides the amount china is throwing out for their one belt one road initiative is humongous even with their capital control and recent reassessment.
Can't be helped, nationalism is a useful tool to win voters.
EU is viewed as role model but unlike the EU requirements regarding govt and economic levels this is a poorfag club including absolute monarchies all the way to commies.

Wew. Faster than India?

We had a good decade didn't we?

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Who cares, just eat chicken rice

people at burma, laos, cambodia don't even what is asean for
people at thailand is too busy with their own political tensions and shits
Brunei join asean, just want be looked cool
rest nations know "what is asean" knowledge

your patriotism is fucking embarrassing.