The French face when they see tourists in Paris

The French face when they see tourists in Paris.
Don't they know tourists support their life?
They should thank tourists.

Don't feed the yellow man.

Parisians are untermenschen.
We are sorry that you have to deal with them.

I'm going to France next spring, staying near Orange but heading up to Paris for 3 days. What should I see?

In Paris you just have to walk randomly in the city, there are things to see everywhere. Beware of pickpockets in the métro (subway), but besides that people are fine. Oh, except for the services, they are not kind.

Neat, how do you recommend avoiding pickpockets? Should I keep my phone and wallet in my backpack or what?

Don't go to northern part of Paris.
My friend was assaulted by Arabs there.

Basic rules in an European city in the 21st century :^)
Avoid niggers and gypsies, when they talk to you you just keep on walking without talking to them, if they touch you, you scream at them.
Take care of your stuff and check if it's there every once in a while.
Put your backpack on front in the metro.
Avoid the 18,19,20ème arrondissements
The richer parts of paris are in the West and center, north is to avoid obviously.

story pls

t. english teacher

This and never put your phone/wallet in the back pocket of your trousers (or in your backpack if you're wearing it on your back). Tbh pickpocket issues are blown out of proportions; it doesn't happen too often but you have to pay attention.
Don't talk to/ buy from/ interact with gypsies, they will scam you and they pretend to be syrian refugees.
If you ask stuff to french people, try speaking a few words in french at first rather than directly speaking english, they will be much more eager to help you. In Paris you have a lot of people who do okay with english but overall people are scared to try and speak this language.

Tipping is not as common as in the US but we tip service if we consider they were nice and did their job properly.
If you want coffee with milk, ask for "Café Crème". There is nothing to see in the North of Paris except for the Montmartre hill, which is the lovers' paradise because you have all the romantic clichés there.
Do not expect people to react warmly if you strike a random small talk with them: it's a big city and people can't afford to pay attention to every face they see each day. In short, don't be obnoxious.
Taxis are overpriced: if you don't feel like using the metro, take a Uber.

Please be very careful when you cross the roads: people drive like insane killers in Paris, but the worst are the bikes (this city really lacks bike lanes)
If you want to visit popular attractions such as the Eiffel tower or the Louvres go in the morning so you avoid the long waiting lines (watch out because queue means cock in slang french).
Don't pay attention to rude assholes and have fun buddy. If you want to talk to qts in bars go in the quartier latin.
Source: i've worked as a receptionist in luxury hotels in Paris for a few years.

Thanks for the help

I have a basic knowledge of French and while my vocabulary, grammer and verb conjugations are all horrible I can have a conversation in French provided the accent isn't too strong, should I converse with people in French mainly then?

No, if you're staying for 3 days that won't be necessary. However if you're looking to strike a conversation it's a great way to begin. The person will notice your accent, compliment you on your french (we love hearing people try to speak french) and ask if you're american. (Sorry about that)
It's easy to get girls this way desu

>take a Uber
t. anti labour cunt

Last time i took a taxi in Paris the retard driver got lost, and in the end (i guess because he thought i was nice) he explained to me he just got his driver's license last month, car wasn't his and he was just replacing his friend who was the one owning the car and the taxi driver license. It still costed 3 times what a Uber course would.
Taxi drivers are rude with their customers and other drivers, they are never there when you need them and they are expensive as fuck. Moreover the whole state-delivered taxi license is so corrupted and fucked up that they sometimes have to wait up to 3 years before they can start working, and it costs them a fuckton of money, so it's çot rare that they get this taxi license on the black market.
Trust me when i say Uber is much less of a hassle, it's cheaper for better service, easier to order, and if i disliked the drive i can report it on the phone app. Uber is the future, old man, like it or not.

And taxi drivers definitely lost my support when they ganged up on Uber driver and ambushed their cars in Paris two years ago. Fucking retards

>Paris syndrome (French: Syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, Pari shōkōgun) is a transient mental disorder exhibited by some individuals when visiting or vacationing to Paris, as a result of extreme shock derived from their discovery that Paris is not what they had expected it to be.

Daily reminder that foreigners collapse from mental exhaustion when they learn how much of a fucking shithole Paris is.

>what they had expected it to be
Weak nippon idiots living in anime reality who have to face the grim truth that every big city has people of all classes working there and it's not blonde princes on white horses wearing Louis Vuitton and Chanel in every street.
Meme syndrome that happened to what, 4 or 5 fragile japanese ladie ? Postcards are postcards, take your wedding dress and your selfie sticks elsewhere Nagasaki-sama, and try to learn at least two words of english before fainting between my trash bins.

witcher 4 when

i dont play videogames but wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy?

Are you from some sub-sect of the french tourism board?
Posts here are not supposed to be so informative and friendly.
Very curious.

Yes to be fair Japanese can be incredibly naive when it comes to Europe. Moreover, they are not accostumed to be on guard against robbers so they get fucked all the time here.

Visit pyramid station and eat ramen!

Super liberal xgf turned racist after encountering t*rks in germany.
Can't imagine how bad fl*chtlinge are.
Sad!

>friend's girlfriend goes to Paris
>keeps telling us it was a childhood dream come true on the plane ride over
>gypsie pickpockets her wallet and phone within four hours of landing

It's been some time since i haven't posted on Sup Forums. Has this place been overrun by Sup Forums as well ? /his/ is desperately bad these days, it's like they're constantly raiding the board. Doing whatever i can do to make the place interesting again

Arigato, davido kun!

Yeah it was, but TW3 made so many money that RedCDProject guys says they'll surely do another
witcher game.

Is it true that people in Paris hate tourists?

Well, you're doing a bang-up job.
Yes, it has.
It had cooled down after trump was inaugurated, but the shit in virginia on sunday brought a lot back.

We dislike the ones who think Paris is Disneyland

What should we expect to Paris then?

Davido-kun, plz.

Manhattan is like adult Disneyland now.
Why can't Paris into this?

>tfw go to south of France
>canadian flag on my backpack
>group of teenagers (incl. 1 qt who kinda looked like Léa Seydoux) approach me with a big smile speaking french
>I don't speak French, I'm sorry
>they look disappointed and leave

Very aesthetic buildings and structures housing people who live their daily life pretending like it's a normal city, instead of a tourist magnet incredibly rich with history and culture.

Imagine all the activity and stress in Tokyo but with old architecture, no skyscrapers or neon lights, lots of foreign people and cafés/restaurants in every other street.

Also one of the particularity of Paris is that every district (arrondissement) is different from the other. So you have parts of Paris that look like a rural town, others with big long avenues like american downtowns, others with fancy stores and luxury brands everywhere, and others that try to keep the nostalgic look, and of course some very poor districts.

>be polish plumber in france
>holding my monkey wrench
>group of qt teen french girls approach and speak something in french to me (something about broken tap
>say "kurwa chuj" in return
>they all orgasm there standing
weird country rly

...but you do speak French, you just sperg out?

sure Aleksandr

Yep unfortunately Sup Forums has become a dogshit leftist board

I thought it always was?

>going to any romance-speaking country without speaking the official language
why do people do this?

The northern and eastern districts aren't too bad if you know where you're going.
It's pointless to wander there alone, but if you meet people who offer you to check out something there with them it's really no big deal.

They don't hate tourists per se, but many expect foreigners to try speaking french and get offended when they initiate conversation in english. This is mostly because french people are shit at english in general, especially those who work in restaurants and cafés, as they tend not to be the most educated, and in some cases there's an element of chauvinism too.

When a good-willing foreigner does go out of their way to learn some french, they get offended when they mispronounce words ; the same people are often unable to write a gramatically correct sentence involving more than one proposition.

Be careful about your wallet and your phone, especially in the Métro and in crowded places.

Go to the 16ème, the 11éme and the 8ème arrondissements, eat at fancy restaurants, don't be afraid to visit smaller, comfier parts like the rue Mouffetard if you speak decent english.

BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE NORTH

logan is known misanthrope
your point op?

>Neat, how do you recommend avoiding pickpockets?
Preemptive strikes. If you see a gypsy regardless of age punch them right in the face hard enough to daze them (though a KO is preferable). Even if they aren't a pickpocket they are probably involved in some other crime.

Lmao best way to make sure he comes back with 15 wild gypsies to stab you with rusty blades dipped in rat shit

you went wrong by assuming french people have brains. they're shorter and have smaller heads, and as such are an untermensch. they just happens to be whit-ish which confuses the nippon

I don't blame them. I grew up in a resort town and tourists are a cancer upon the locals. They don't know how to behave, and don't know when they are being intrusive. The Chinese are the worst tourists though. They actually would walk down residential streets and take pictures of kids playing and people walking their dogs. People should be required to take an edicate course before they travel to another country on vacation.

>Manhattan is like adult Disneyland now.
Only Time Square. It works out because it's a tourist containment zone but they still will stop walking randomly all over the city.

Why is this Japan flag obsession with France?

P.S please yamete ;_;

Inb4 "coming from an American"
I know American tourists are bad too, I've seen other American tourists acting obnoxious while I've been abroad.

That's the "I'm ready to surrender" face.

>I thought it always was?
Not really, it's always leaned kind of been a right leaning board just with enough leftist to make it seem centrist.

>I've seen other American tourists acting obnoxious while I've been abroad.

I have too and it's kind of like having an embarrassing family member. To make it worse they were fat and dressed in shirts/t-shirts and the dad had a NASCAR hat.

put your wallet and valuable in the inner pouch of your jacket.
don't buy expensive shit because they also target shopping bags.
look poor.
Avoid brown little girls.

Eh, we really don't, but don't forget that we're the country that's most assaulted by tourists every year, so instead of being curious when a tourists hails us for our insights on the city, instead of being something fun and unique, it's more like a chore to us.

It also doesn't swing things our way that our main tourists are A), Americans, either teenagers here to fulfill a "child dream" who act hugely entitled, or families where dads try to impress their family by chatting up the "funny french local xd", except that we're rushing to work.

And B) Japanese people, who are so naive and sheltered that they're 99% of the victims from pickpockets.

>Japs think the countries they visit rely on their tourism
Haha joke's on them, we rely on them buying our coal

Jesus Christ. As an american living in London for the past 7 years I become embarrassed anytime I go into the touristy areas. Showing my cousin around last week and some fuck wearing an American flag t shirt is commenting on the lack of guns to an English woman who seemed to know him. It was a cringefest

i have a better rule:

stop being tourists. don't travel anywhere unless it's to visit (and sleep over at) a friend

This shit makes me want to die. Again, this is the reason people should have to take an edicate course before going abroad. It's fucking embarassing.

>a frenchman in his natural state
>african and surrendering

you nailed it.

If I visit France, where should I visit that is not Paris?

Preferably at least one suburb and one rural village. Also preferably no Muslims.

Because
>English is the lingua franca dude lmao
>t. never went abroad in my life

>they will scam you and they pretend to be syrian refugees.
There are at least 20 nationalities that pretend to be Syrian, kek. I'm surprised that Sup Forums produced "I'm Greek" and not "I'm Syrian" starting in 2015

>suburb
>no muslims
Impossible in France.

I'd recommend Tours. You get the vineyards, the castles of the Loire Valley, less muslims than Paris, Grenoble or Lyon, and proximity to some really isolated places.

Bordeaux
La Normandie
La Bretagne

Best places, have fun traveling friend

>suburb
is where poor people tend to live in Europe. Europeans don't have section 8 or public housing in the middle of the city, typically.

>Europeans don't have section 8 or public housing in the middle of the city, typically.
Makes sense, my mistake

Reminds me of a few months ago
>be walking down the street with /mena/ friend from uni
>see brown beggar with baby stroller and "syria famili" sign
>friend gives him change and greets him in arabic
>beggar smiles and says nothing
>SUSPICIOUS.JPG on friend's face
>he asks him something else in arabic
>beggar puts hands in air, gesture he doesn't understand
>i say: "you're roma, right ?"
>"h-hehee, oui"
>friend explodes: FUCKING LIAR GYPSY GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY