ITT: Albums you think were ahead of the time

I'll start with one I think we can all agree on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x8l_eKfU5Co
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very much exactly of its time t b h

We are only in it for the money is more modern sounding.

This.
It was only ahead of its time by one year, which isnt much.

mind blogging how all these kids today even with ableton live and macbooks are still poorly trying to accomplish good bedroom pop like ariel did

They aren't even coming close. It's really easy to tell who has an actual knack for songwriting and who's just fucking around with streamlined, easy to use tools.

The problem with any of these threads is they are always full of idiots who don't even understand the implication of "ahead of its time", it's always people posting weird albums that came from or after a time period where weird music was the norm

Now it can be interesting if decades later the style on an old album becomes popular but just throwing stuff at the wall in psychedelic and bizarre ways is very much exactly of the time period all those weird albums are from and they sound like those years

Yeah, especially Who Are the Brain Police and The Return of the Son of Monster Magnet. Every psychedelic and blues rock rock band was doing just that.

Hard to believe this is from 1956

>Help! I'm a Rock is a parody of Damo Suzuki-era Can literally 5 years before Tago Mago was even released
How is this possible

You're an idiot, try actually listening to something from the 60's other than Cream and The Beatles

Has any pop album ever been as ahead-of-its-time as this?

>You're an idiot, try actually listening to something from the 60's other than Cream and The Beatles
Jesus Christ... I was being facetious with that reply. And yes, the 60's were a decade in which a lot of experimental bands emerged, not just The Mothers of Invention.

Pop album? There are underlying psychedelic rock song structures for sure, but pop?

I meant pop as "popular music", i.e. pop/rock/jazz/dance etc.

Jazz is art music

I'm convinced that music will get nosier as time goes by to where we get shit like this

Bump

this was incredibly ahead of its time as far as electronic music was concerned. Incredible

it just doesn't sound the same

it doesn't have the sun-warped tape hiss sound, just sounds plain fucking boring

What's this user?

The stooges obviously. Listen to ever the first album from 69 and any new garage rock release and its uncanny. 45ish years later fuckers are still making the same songs. Incredible

youtu.be/x8l_eKfU5Co

new wave rap from yugoslavia in 1985

i guess thats something

Do you really believe that?

Agree

these

they just sound like a snarky garage rock band. it's a great album but it coulda been done 5-10 years earlier

I always thought this was Frank's own personal tribute to Pet Sounds.

Compare the first song off of this album to any song Crass ever did.

A lot of people don't know about this obscure little gem. Very trippy, even if the majority of it is just commercials. It even has Jim Henson on it. How cool is THAT?

(Nice dubs)
Snarky garage band, maybe, but no denying it ROCKS! Especially the Iggy cover!

>I always thought this was Frank's own personal tribute to Pet Sounds.
It was released about a month later.