What the fuck went wrong?

What the fuck went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/the-batman-delayed-justice-league-mess/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Henry cavill wore clothes for too much of the movie

Too deep for modern audiences

they tried cramming too much into one movie. they felt the need to catch up to Marvel which had done a good job slowly building up a cinematic universe.

Shallow writing, shit directing.

movieweb.com/the-batman-delayed-justice-league-mess/

>Affleck's The Batman Delayed Because Justice League Is a Mess?

TO THE SURPRISE OF NO ONE

It's not that bad, but Lex Luthor was awful. The jar of piss thing was fucking stupid too.

It confuses a dour tone with maturity the same way all those awful David Fincher ripoff hacks in the 90's did.

Snyder is a decent director of photography. He is a shit director.

People talk about Cavill's shitty hairline, but I mean look at his NECK. He's like a fucking chicken.

Plebs get fucked.

It's literally the There Will be Blood of cape cinema

>le 2deep4u le emperor's new clothes I am so smart I can appreciate the nuance of a movie made to sell toys xDDD

Too many cooks.

Too many cucks.

>Snyder is a decent director of photography
he only has one oversaturated style, so he's great if you want that Watchmen look he uses n every movie

This /Thread

heh, first time watching kino, kid?

>What the fuck went wrong?

"Critics"

>oversaturated

You mean desaturated, and even that's not true

It's inauthentic filmaking.

I genuinely feel like if you turn all the superheroes' colors down a slight notch, literally no one would be able to tell what the fuck they're looking at
this movie is just a fucking mess

>Save..
>MARTHAAAAAA

thread shoulda ended right here

Nothing.

>it needs to have very little in it so that they can stretch it into as many films as possible and we can call it a "cinematic universe" so morons will keep paying for movie tickets

>Superman, the main character, lost top billing in His sequel movie
>Superman has less lines in His sequel than a side character in civil war in before marvel shill, civil war has problems too
>No one knows who batman is so we need an origin story
>let's completely change lex luthor to set the tone for the ultimate bad guy for the rest of the cinematic universe
>also let's throw wonder woman in there
>also people will recognize doomsday, put him in there and kill him off instantly instead of using him as a built-up reveal later in the universe as the ultimate government anti-meta-human weapon
>kill superman in his movie despite everyone knowing we're trying to build him into a cinematic universe. his death will still have that dramatic weight if the audience knows its fake

That's just off the top of my head

Yes I also like watching Wonder Woman watch movie trailers and a 10 minute dream sequence that makes zero narrative sense unless you know who Darkseid is.

Also make sure to kill off Superman for the sole purpose of your JL movie, maybe we can trick the audience into thinking its an artistic statement if we ladle on a bunch of Christian and Arthurian symbolism over that scene.

>story
Pretty fucking stupid and pointless overall.

>plot
A complete mess. Pacing?What's that? Jumping around every 5 minutes for the first half an hour. Editing is completely shot. We go from one area to the next with little to no transition at times. Theatrical is filled with plot holes.

>characters
Superman's motives don't matter, Lex forces him to fight Batman. Batman's motives don't matter, Superman's mother shares his mother's name. No arcs for any characters.

>B-batman had an arc!
Did he? He killed thugs right after the martha twist, so that wasn't it. You could say he had an arc at the very end of the movie, but offscreen doesn't count.

Lex is probably one of the worst acted characters in a blockbuster this entire year.

>cinematography
Would be decent if Snyder didn't shove Jesus imagery down your throat every 5 seconds.

>score
Decent. Nothing memorable or great. Wonder Woman's theme is cheesy.

>action
Decent. Actual fight vs. the two heroes is pretty dull and short for the hour+ build up. Very underwhelming. Warehouse scene is the best fight without question. It was great. Everything with Doomsday was worse than. Attack of the Clones.

Overall this movie is pretty bad and I'd recommend just watching all the action scenes then moving on.

What did they mean by this

It's actually shocking to me how infantile and shitty your taste is

Like the idea that someone is posting on this board who thinks "the fight was too short" is a valid criticism is just awful

You have to go back

see

see, usually i don't say the movie is too smart or too deep for someone, because i think if they actually gave a shit and decided to think about it instead of thinking to themselves "durr where's the quips," they could get some of the symbolism and themes and narrative complexity the film has.

but you genuinely are too stupid and too much of a reddit pleb to get it. i mean even if i explained scene by scene how great this movie is, you still wouldn't get it. because you're a retard and you have horrible taste.

i'm closing the thread because i really can't stand arguing with 80iq children anymore. i'm sure you'll write some idiotic snide response though, you fucking retard.

The story is a mess.
The Africa sub-plot is contrived and unnecessary.
The "Martha" twist is laughable.
The sudden introduction of Doomsday was "oh-and-now-this-happens" as fuck.
Why is Bruce Wayne in a Jeep Renegade?
I see what they were going for with Lex but they did not pull it off even a little bit. "ding ding ding". that jaded wink-and-a-knod to the audience when they said the are was abandoned at the end.

Heavy handed Jesus imagery. Why does Lois throw the spear into the water just to turn around and go grab it again? Why was Lois even there at the end? When Bruce Waynes parents get killed that shot of the pearl necklace snagged behind the hammer of the pistol is a contrived bit of I'M DOING CINEMATOGRAPHY!!

The Flash cameo was fucking retarded and was just a shoehorned in piece of franchise building that had no relevance to the story. All the justice legue videos were bad. Is Aquaman slowly floating out of a hole and stabing at the camera supposed to look badass or something?

Why is Zod Doomsday? What was the point of the entire congressional subplot? They just get blown up and Lex gets the Kryptonite anyway.

See

I have nothing but a complete lack of surprise that Batman v Superman was a pathetic, abysmal failure of a film, and I have nothing but scorn and contemptuous laughter for the morons who have been supporting Warner Bros for years. Laziness and lack of organisation will ALWAYS shine through, in the end.

Warner's DC studio have based their entire schtick around "dark and realistic" with Nolan's Batman but this time, when they themselves were put to the test without the help of Nolan ("can YOU make a good film, with all your supposed knowledge about it?") their true colors shone through for all to see. I knew it would happen, of course. I knew it from the first time I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and attempt to view Man of Steel.

Hopefully as a direct result of this, one or more of the members of Warner Bros executives will realise that they are, and have been, nothing but an abhorrent failure "half-assing it" through this cinematic universe, and put an end to it. Their life, that is. Now THAT I would buy tickets to.
Make your suicides happen, Warner Bros Executives. It's the only chance at redemption you all have.

Zack Snyder is a dudebro with a fetish for aesthetic shots and heavy handed symbolism. That's why his style admittedly worked so well for 300 and the Dawn of the Dead remake.

But at the end of the day, he's a simpleton with childlike understanding of storytelling and structure (see: Sucker Punch). He's like Eli Roth if he got handed a flagship capeshit franchise instead of horror table scraps.

Well, that's a little harsh. Eli Roth is a legitimately terrible director. Snyder can, with the right source material and script, make a very engaging movie. Unfortunately WB refuses to give him the latter.

Can we at least admit Batman fighting was better than the Nolan trilogy

There's nothing deep about this movie. It's christ imagery is blunt, the character motives are shallow and the writing is boring.

It's the dunning-kruger effect made cinematic universe.

Little flaws here and there (like every other movie) but still the best capefilm out there by far. Watched it over 10 times now (ultimate edition)...the most times I have ever seen a capefilm next to Man of Steel, and Spiderman 1 and 2 with Toby.

You are a fucking idiot if you are defending WB's decision to make a 3 hour movie with only 5 minutes of Batman fighting Superman.

They should have done a separate Batman movie first, then a Superman sequel and then Batman V Superman.

All those who paid money to see this movie did so because Batman fought Superman. They didnt pay to see Superman go to court

quality > quantity

The entire Doomsday CGI fest felt rushed and somehow was even worse than the rest of the movie. I have no doubt in my mind they could have had a very solid movie without the last 30 minutes or whatever it was of Doomsday. The movie would have been better off as is without the entire scene.

They probably dropped at least 30 million on that scene alone. What a fucking waste.

>he entire Doomsday CGI fest felt rushed and somehow was even worse than the rest of the movie.
This. Anyone who doesnt know the lore must be thinking "the hell is this creature? I paid to see Batman fight Superman

Kek

It looks like a vidya cutscene.

I would've seen this movie if literally anyone else had played Luthor

His voice in the trailers put me off of the whole thing

I agree with all this but I still like the movie. Also, member when WW's theme started playing? Forced as shit and nearly started laughing

>Why did ya bring hem buk to da city"?
Lel that accent

These do not look good. Except the one with the Indian ocean.

that's just awful

>tfw someone reposts your OC
Doing God's work user!

>'m closing the thread
kek

Do you think you're a moderator on some internet forum, dumb ass?

>Official JL promo pic released
>dozens of different reports of "inside source" saying dceu is in trouble over next few days
MCUcks and otherwise simple-minded fuccbois are so afraid of snyders Capekino 2.0 that they are shitting their pants and making up rumors to try and stop their inevitable demise.

Yeah, because those pictures were so damn intimidating.
So Darkseid when?

>capekino
Failed memes stay in the year they were conceived, reddit.

>so afraid of snyders Capekino 2.0
kek

>when wonderwoman and flash have no idea how to do a hero pose

WW looks hunchbacked, and Flash looks like he's just been caught giving a bj in the public toilets

>one or more of the members of Warner Bros executives will realise that they are, and have been, nothing but an abhorrent failure "half-assing it" through this cinematic universe,

This cinematic universe is literally a line item in a briefing their unpaid intern read. They don't even know what the movie's about. You can't expect them to care about a "kid's movie, why put effort into it"?.