Doctor Who General - /who/

WE GO ON AND ON Edition

Last thread:Class audio script (in-progress) here: pastebin.com/LFrZFt1F

Other urls found in this thread:

bigfinish.com/releases/v/all-hands-on-deck-1365
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Again, all the memes /who/ can remember.

SPLINK
Cheers, blum
Reckon you should let the meme power flow naturally through you though, GI.

Agreed. And if anyone has any critiques or proposed edits, let me know.

Ooh, nice Troughton.

There needs to be a Gareth cameo

And at least one person needs to say "Whenever I feel sad about the world, all I have to do is remember X and I piss myself laughing"

Agreed.

Dr. Who still watches this shit?

"Whenever I feel sad" meme is going in there.

Now that's a real piece of art there user

General Question: What are your top 3 favorite Doctors? If possible, provide a story you would recommend associated with said Doctor.

1. Twelfth Doctor
>I feel like the "obvious" choice would be Heaven Sent, but I'm actually going with "Listen". I feel it works as a standalone story much better and I feel more creative.

2. War Doctor
>I am in process of plowing through his audiobooks but I feel his appearance in the 50th Anniversary is enough to warrant his inclusion. He's the Doctor that decided to forsake his name in the attempt to minimize the loss of life as much as he possibly could at the sacrifice of his soul. He was also willing to use the moment to end the war and the only reason it didn't happen was because of the intervention of 10 and 11.

3. Eleventh Doctor
>I wish I could have said someone else but I don't have enough stories from 9 to judge adequately (I want another season) and while enjoyable, Ten wasn't my cup of tea. Eleven has actually grown more interesting in my eyes as he is one of the few Doctors to actively dissuade individuals from placing to much faith in him. Subsequently, my favorite story is "The God Complex".

I think it was tolerable
I didn't hate it and I actually kind of cared about the characters, It genuinely upset me when their parents died in the finale

it veered too far into teen relationship melodrama in most episodes tho

>listen more creative than heaven sent
Both episodes are GOAT but I'm curious about your reasoning for this

Is your case that an episode where the existence of a monster is ambiguous is more creative than an episode where 12 is the only character?

There's that collage image from january 2015
who2015-5 is the filename I believe, you can search it in the archive (not at home so I don't have the hd I saved it on)

realistically there haven't exactly been that many long term memes since then

I feel like both of those stories are absolutely incredible, but I chose Listen for the reason you mentioned, the ambiguiousness of the monster. If you had told me there was a Doctor Who episode where the Doctor is fearful of a possible kid in a bed sheet I would have told you to fuck off, now I stand corrected. Crafting an entire episode around a race of creatures that stay hidden the entire episode and it still be enthralling takes monumental skill. The plot in Heaven Sent by itself is spectacular so when translating to TV it was naturally going to end up a winner. Listen was a much more tame story that the director managed to elevate to new heights. Again, I love both, but Listen just strikes a chord with me.

HE DIED A CONSOMME MAN

I feel ashamed of myself for watching this shit. The episodes are so fucking bad. I used to make fun of my girlfriend for watching Coronation Street, but now she just laughs and makes fun of me for watching Doctor Who, and I can't even respond. It's such shit. It's literally a show for stupid teenage girls whose only friends are on the Internet.

good post

Ty.

put some text saying 'delete this' near charlie

Needs moar crop

splink
fuck offerino
za is no leader
missy = misstress = master = rory = faggot = farquad
doctor who more like doctor poo
what?
apathyposting
cosplayanon
jellyfish companion
transgender companion
shota doctor
transformable companion
gundam
pies
man the fuck up and watch everything you huge pussy
martha's crooked teeth
mongo
reeing
jazz hands
golden age / platinum age / glitter age
rose loved drugs

that's all I can think of for now, probably some more recent ones I forgot about

Alt

>raitings

Jej

1. Seventh Doctor - on TV, Remembrance of the Daleks, but his really great stuff is in books and audios. A Death in the Family is probably the best "series finale" in all of Who, Lungbarrow has DEEPEST LORE, and Night Thoughts is just terrifying.

2. Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent like everybody and their aunt

3. Eighth Doctor - Alien Bodies. McGann got a bunch of weird, creative writing, but even by his "era"'s standards the sheer amount of ideas in this is incredible.

Third position shifts around fairly often depending on what I've infosorbed recently, though; on a different day it might be Eleven or even Three.

Why is everyone, regardless of race or age, so ugly in the UK?

I like that you put McGann currently in your third position. I feel he doesn't get as much love around here with the exception of those that have listened to his big finish adventures.

Cups of tea. It enhances smugness and irony at the expense of teeth and beauty.

on and on and on and on and on
skype group
peg people
/who/ is kill
two way canoning
cannon bubbles
crisps

some more

Is that Courtney?

Bok?

no, it's PNess's own original character Tanya

I don't know where I am!

bigfinish.com/releases/v/all-hands-on-deck-1365
>Everyone Susan Campbell cared about has gone. Most of them died in the second Dalek invasion, and her grandfather never visits. She's living in what used to be Coal Hill School, helping Earth rebuild again.

I guess we know what happened in Class.

>She's living in what used to be Coal Hill School
Bravo Big Finish. I'm surprised they haven't given her her own K-9 too.

Okay, Coal Hill is becoming way too overused. There's nothing interesting or special about Coal Hill School, stop shoving it into everything.

>There's nothing interesting or special about Coal Hill School
The fact it's one of the original locations of the show makes it special

Exactly. it's only special to the audience. And we've been going back there every year now. It's lost the charm.

did class get any better? i saw the first 2 and noped

The Ms.Quill episode near the end is good

Gallifrey_Immigrant supports a transgender companion.

He told me through PM.

What are the weirdest things you ever came across in the audios or novels?
I never touched anything except the classic series, the movie, and the new series, so I'm pretty curious.

A companion named Compassion who is actually the biodata copy of a woman named Laura Tobin becomes a TARDIS, then gets sent to a TARDIS rape camp that Romana built in order to breed better TARDISes.

Then she mutates into the Doctor Who version of Heaven, inhabited by every human who has ever existed in fiction or in reality.

I really gotta hurry up on my Doctor Who readthrough, I'm still stuck in the Hartnell era.

What have been your favorites out of your readthrough so far?

This but it is nice to think Susan returns there 2 centuries later.

Doctor death predictions for the order in which they will die, with added suggested deaths:

Tom (liver failure)
McGann (paint cans cause a deadly concussion while filming in his basement)
Peter David's Son (chokes on flour during funeral appearence)
Matt Smith (his head evolves into it's final form of an actual shoe)
Capaldi (heart attack when Moffat's persuaded to stay)
Tennant (eating English food destroys his Scottish innards)
Colin ("Meaning of Life"-style scene in restaurant)
Eccleston (stroke from journalist's question)
McCoy (doesn't die so much as gets bored with pulling the strings of the world government and moves on to a different planet to play his never ending game of chess)

>David's Son (murdered by angry feminists for opposing Miranda Hart becoming the 13th Doctor)

I WOULD CALL SECURITY BUT

One character must be inexplicably told to "Shut the fark up Immigrant"

>character

Inspired by my own post, , I just finished Bunker Soliders, which I believe I started in the first half of last year. Only two more to go and I'm finally done with the First Doctor.

So far I consider Campaign, Time and Relative, and The Time Travelers to be the best First Doctor novels. And if you're particularly into pure historicals, The Witch Hunters is very well written.

How has ram not sunk into deep depression with suicidal thoughts yet?

>Bring girlfriend to prom, is cut down without a hint of remorse right in front of him as well as having his leg SEVERED to boot.

>Not a day after that, witness not one, but TWO people who've were flay'd of every inch of skin, the second one he was there to witness it

>A few days after that, the ghost of his dead fucking girlfriend attempting to feed off his grief

>A week or so later, dad died in front of him, girlfriend also shot dead

He didn't deserve this, that poor man.

Actually I think there was a span of many days or weeks between these events

>How has ram not sunk into deep depression with suicidal thoughts yet?

Because:

a) He is an unrealistic character
b) He is badly written
c) He is badly portrayed

Classic Who
Class

POTTERY
O
T
E
R
R
Y

Does that mean the next spin off will start with 'New' ???

because hes a strong independent paki who dont need no gf

why does April think that the best response to a guy who is grieving his murdered girlfriend and just saw her reappear to him is to kiss him and go for the secks?

that nerd is emotionally manipulating him

Lazy writing?

but class is amazing la

Not really.
Especially since many people thought the best thing about episode 1 was that silly line about the Bechdel test.

I just wish we could combine the violence with the main series of doctor who more death and bad things happening c'mon

V N A
N
A

capaldi was the only good thing about class

>la
because "lad" is too much trouble to say

But Doctor Who is already full of death and bad things?

Somehow melancholic time war era Eight is more appealing that grimdark Dark Eyes one

Sarah "unemployable" Sutton

1. Second.
Book, The Roundheads. 'cause pure historical.
TV - the faceless one. It's nothing special, but it's comfy.

2. Sixth.
Audio, The Marian Conspiracy - softer Six, Evelyn debut.

3. Seventh
Audio, Bang-Bang-A-Boom 'cause it's silly farce.
TV, Ghost Light 'cause weird.

>Tenth Doctor
Girl in the fireplace

>Eleventh Doctor
Eleventh hour

>Twelfth Doctor
heaven sent

Okay, hear me out on this one. Capaldi is a great actor and I like him as the Doctor. However, him being grumpy and serious and intense doesn't fit when you take into account that the rest of the show is basically made for children. When 11 was goofy he made it fit, the whole thing seemed magical.

Capaldi can work if you make the show have a more serious tone, like actions having actual consequences.

This was spotted on set today

>However, him being grumpy and serious and intense doesn't fit when you take into account that the rest of the show is basically made for children.
I think Moffat has figured this out, get ready for the series 10 comfy age.

Post comfy capals.

Holy shit, they're back.

Episode 9: The Eaters of Light

MARTHA'S

CROOKED

TEETH

It was more like a few months later, dad died.

And to answer your question, he turns his grief into rage against the Shadow Kin.

To be fair, Ram reciprocated.

I would actually really love if they introduced a Sea Devil adversary for Madame Vastra. God knows she needs some actual development. Maybe in their BFA spin-off. Yeah he'll probably just be a Moriarty rip-off, but it'll at least be something. They could even give him a goofy Ice Warrior sidekick. He and Strax would play off each other well and I'd like to see who'd win in a fight

I invented Doctor Who

someone post episode generators

Wait is Paternoster getting a BFA spin-off for sure?

Not that I know of.
But they're prime material for it, and I would be surprised if there wasn't something at least in the planning phase at this point.

Alien interference turned her into a lava slut.

But seeing April do it without even a single date and not regretting it after rebound was pretty weird.

Fuck I want it to happen, they have a shit ton of potential

>Wait is Paternoster getting a BFA spin-off for sure?
BBC only gave them rights for Strax, not for Jenny and Vastra
Hence his solo Jago and Litefoot crossover

I KNOW YOU MISS HER, BUT COULDN'T YOU JUST WRITE A POEM?

I thought they got the whole package? They can just pick and chose?

Have always wanted a Paternoster TV spin off, but not sure how Neve McIntosh would feel about spending hours per day sitting in a chair having the Vastra mask and make up applied, then wearing it for hours afterwards in all weathers. Day after day for months.

An audio spin off sounds an ideal compromise.

I thought everything introduced pre-Capaldi was fair game? That's why Kate 'n Osgood and River can appear on audio at the same time on TV.

How is the New Who Big Finish content anyway? I haven't gotten a chance to listen to any of them yet. The War Doctor audios, new UNIT, River Song diaries, Tenth Doctor adventures: are they any good?

I miss Karen

>neve mcintosh.jpg

Making her a Silurian was a mistake.