Stranger Things

What the backstory for the alternate dimension of Upside Down?

It's just there. It'd be like explaining that God created everything with the big bang and its the other side of the bang

Its basically like the Dark World from Zelda Link to the past.

There's not much to say other than if you open a rift in our time, the other end of the wormhole is just an dark inverse place

I was wondering because I was watching the last episode and everything in Upside Down appears to be the same as in the real world, yet there are no people and everything is fucked up.

Nuclear war, alien invasion, what happened?

People evolved in demogorgons.

When Winona and the Sheriff are walking thru the town in Upside Down, the street lights are still somehow functioning...

yeah or else we wouldnt be able to see anything

>yeah or else we wouldnt be able to see anything

Which leads us back to my original question; Nuclear war, alien invasion, what happened?

It's the dark mirror of the normal world, that's just how it looks, nothing "happened."

Think of it this way OP; everything except life forms is the same in both universes. If you Move rocks and make a house in our universe, then the rocks will also move and make a house in the same spot in the Upside Down. If a monster in the Upside Down knocks down a hut, then the hut will also fall down in the real world. The only difference is the life forms. Earth has humans and dogs and cats and deer, and the upsidedown has flower face and fungus.

The only exception to this seems to be trees which exist in the upsidedown and real world simultaneously.

as for why the Upside Down is like that, I think that's just how life evolved there. It's a completely seperate and closed off version of Earth so evolution took a very different direction, both with animals and plants.

I didn't need more reason to think that Stranger Things fans are low iq children, but OP is undeniable proof.

>They first mentioned that they’d decided that not everything they’d conceived about the Upside Down would be revealed — and that they’d written up a 30 page document that Ross Duffer described as “pretty intricate in terms of what it all means, and where this monster actually came from, and why aren’t there more monsters.” He continued, “We have all this stuff that we just didn’t have time for, or we didn’t feel like we needed to get into in season one, because of the main tension of Will [the boy who goes missing].

>as for why the Upside Down is like that, I think that's just how life evolved there.

I think we're going to find out in S02 that the monster is part of an alien "plague" species making it's way across multiple dimensions, that wipes out all animal life on whatever alternate universe it can get into.

This would explain why Upside Down is just like the real world, but everything is trashed and there are no people left; there WERE people there until the aliens arrived and killed them all.

(still doesn't explain how the street lights are on but, whatever)

Why didnt anyone else in town realise compasses were wack?

Wouldnt more people have summoned the demogorgan and been abducted? Shaving cuts, kitchen staff, menstruation

Did anyone else notice that the flower face is also spitting into it's victims mouth. Slugs?

Kids lived nearby the plant. How often do you check your compass bro?

I didn't pay attention but I'm sure the science teacher explained it.

Brenner said like 20 people were missing

>upside down world isn't actually upside down

>ITT people who have no idea who dark worlds work

Babbies first TV show I guess

ugh so uncreative and lame.

>this shows popular

UGHH!!!! REDDITT KEK KEK REDDIT KEK!!! WHY DO PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS!!! WHY IS THIS POPULAR!!! WAAAAH. THIS SHOW IS SOOOO REDDIT

>posts psuedo pedophilic picture

am I fitting in yet? stay mad you salty basement dwelling faggot pussies

so when hopper puts the food in the box at the end for eleven, the food appears in the upside-down world right? what happens when eleven eats it? does it disappear in the real world?

We can only speculate how it works through this tv show because, although similar concepts have been introduced in other shows, there's no reason to expect this one is/works the same.

It's like if in a show you see an alien ship and you talk to other people what they think the aliens are like and some aspie comes in shouting "it's gray men with long arms and big eyes dude is this your first sci-fi show?!?!".

Whát does eleven thinking anyway?

hopefully season 2 doesn't nose dive in quality like most of these drama shows.