Fantastic casting

>fantastic casting
>some of the best sets ever
>great score
>fun action

Face it Sup Forums, this is a great movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a5MSCTGFoY
youtube.com/watch?v=4XBjcaRKZyA
youtube.com/watch?v=hXvCJ3QsoeA
youtube.com/watch?v=JVmHd4y_shQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DYJY20zPtqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>B-b-but it's for children!

>people dont enjoy this series because their contrarians

classic Sup Forums

And then it was all down hill from there

1 & 2 are great, everything afterwards is garbage

This is tvs new overrated flick why are you talking about it so much? Also orlando bloom and keira are shit.

2 was also kind of shitty. Great effects though.

>1
9.5/10
>2
8.5/10
>3
4/10
>4
Who's your Caddy/10

keira knightley is also pretty hot

1 is great, i can't watch 2 because Elizabeth cucking Will makes me vomit

Yeah they're fun movies with great special effects. Only improvement would be if Kiera Knightly's tits were bigger.

>elizabeth cucking will

No she doesn't.

>I feel... cold...

Great ending too

PIRATEKINO

Yeah the first movie was great, real comfy pirate adventure movie

The sequels mostly forgot the pirating aspect and went full mythical/fantasy

The poor man who answers the door at the Governors mansion says otherwise.

And many of the navy guys.

Disney movies have more death than most action films.

>that fucking scene where the zombie pirates are slitting throats sneaking on the ship

It was the Brendan Fraser's The Mummy of its day.

>tfw the underwater march

The first! Was the only good one in the series. Even as a mindless teen I was disappointed with the pacing/story/dialogue of the other films. Jus rewatched the first one too. Still a 10/10 in my book. However, imho the third act was a little lackluster as you went back and forth to isla de muertes.

Bill Nighy chewing the scenery is glorious and the action was creatively kino.

>not loving based Swearingen Beard

Was. Anorexia has ruined her.

Yeah there was a bit too much going on at the end. Kind of frantic really.

>8.5/10

Really?

I understand people don't like the sequels as much as the first, but I think the third is almost as good as the second. It's got a lot of humor, Elizabeth being pirate king, and Barbossa being cool. It's also really goofy, like when they walk on the beach all slow and Davy Jones is standing in a bucket of water. The music in the second one was best though.

'ello poppet

Its garbage for children.

the mermaid scene was pretty kino to be quite honest familia

youtube.com/watch?v=9a5MSCTGFoY

there was a 4?

mark all of those down by 2 and you're mostly right

Why are women that can sing so hot?

not bad, but the rest of the movie was trash

Is hating the sequels a meme?

I get 4 being lower than 2 and 3 but fuck, the trilogy evens out to about 7.5-9 across the board

1>2=4>>

Seriously? I liked 3. The death scene for Beckett was kino as fuck

Doesn't 3 start with the hanging of a kid? It was literally George Lucas levels of "we went too far in some places".

Wait Sup Forums doesn't like the first movie? But it's damn near perfect

best guy coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=4XBjcaRKZyA

I agree but elizabeth being the pirate king is a bad point of the movie

kino final duel on a ship in a whirlpool, portrayal of everything related to davy jones locker was good too (ship scene, jack crabs scene, lifeboats) and a lot of the characters are still likable

i don't understand why the contrarian shitposters on Sup Forums don't back this series more instead of shit like the fucking star wars prequels. The first movie being great and the other movies being shit is such a common opinion among normie plebs that it baffles me how this franchise, which is objectively better made and more entertaining than the likes of the SW prequels, doesn't appeal to the autists here

No one denies Curse of the Black Pearl is bad. People believe At World's End and the one after that, which I never bothered to see, are bad.

Even the second movie is alright, aside from being too long.

That scene was great with the singing.

I liked them all, I just thought 3 was the worst by a wide margin.

>not commodore norrington

CUTLER BECKETT

>Lord Cutler
A SITH LORD?

Elizabeth is the worst part of 3. Also the big deal made about Calypso and all she does it get big and create whirlpool.

Lastly the forced "triangle".

well it was a series was heavily marketed as being PG13 Disney, so they had to push it as hard as they can

also the kid was a good for nothing pirate

Keira singing was qt

>tfw no qt french mermaid gf

youtube.com/watch?v=hXvCJ3QsoeA

youtube.com/watch?v=JVmHd4y_shQ

I agree, too bad the series has gone downhill.

1 > 2 > 3 > 4

It's rare that a drop in quality is so consistent. God knows how bad 5 will be if this trend continues.

Jack turned into a fucking moron in 2. The joke was he's always drunk in 1, in 2 he became literally brain damaged. Also the movies in general became much slower, 1 was so tight, and moved so quickly that it was almost impossible to be bored. It also had a lot of cool ideas, like the pistol jack was carrying with him for 10 years. The characters were likeable and not bitchy like Elizabeth in 2. Even Orblando did his job in 1.

Overall the sequels suffered from the "we need to do it bigger!" syndrome. They should have kept to the small scale pirate stories. Not huge battles with monsters and Chinese pirate king shit.

The best parts of the entire series was the East India Company. It suffered when they went too magic.

Also to add, 2 went the "we need a villain" route. Barbarossa was a cunt, but he was likeable, and the banter between him and Jack was great. One of the best parts of the movie for sure. You can see that they don't really hate the other guy, but that they are rivals and want to one up each other. It's a nice setting. The bad guy with no redeeming qualities thing just doesn't fit. Sure 1 was quite dark in some parts, but it's a playful kind of dark. Like the two comedic pirates.

agreed
the pirate king stuff in general, calypso and elizabeth (although i think she's cute and enjoy some of her scenes) are the worst parts of 3

also, 4 is actually pretty good

basically everything once they reach the fountain of youth is pure kino and the jack/barbossa scene where they're both tied to the tree or whatever was great. Ending scene with jack on the beach was great and so was the scene with barbossa

The plot got really shitty after 2 but, damn, that costume design stayed top notch.

I liked the East India company applying mercantilist colonialism to magic.

The sets and costume design was always top tier in this series.

>There I were, in my cabin, resting, when I hear a terrible row up on deck...
>...men before the mast, abandoning their posts, without orders, without leave...
>What be that, first mate?

youtube.com/watch?v=DYJY20zPtqo

kinö

Love this scene, makes the 3rd one worth watching.

how was he brain damaged in 2?

That was my major hangup with 4. All of a sudden Blackbeard has a fucking magic sword and ship.

Why was everyone so afraid of the Pearl before? As another user said, as the series went it suffered too much from the "go bigger" drive.

that was sick

Pirates doesn't have a fanbase. Starwars has a culturally entrenched one that not only exists over generations but has caused an internal war between the generation 'niches' Ot, prequel, sequel etc.

People care about starwars more because it hooks you while you're young.

>Depp in his prime believably weaselling his way in and out of absolutely everything at a whim

>Wanting to write Will Turner as an up and coming pirate who has learnt the art of parlay but Orlando Bloom can't sell it for shit

>Why was everyone so afraid of the Pearl before?
Its crew were unkillable and it was supernaturally fast.

As opposed to a guy that can control the wind and his impervious magic ship.

Queen Anne's Revenge makes no sense after 1-3 where EIC basically take over the world. .

>As opposed to a guy that can control the wind
The Black Pearl was constantly riding a stormfront in the first movie.

> and his impervious magic ship.
It's not impervious, just tough. And it's still just one vessel.

>tfw the only cool scene in 3 wasn't even that good
First and second are classics though.

>>not loving based Swearingen Beard
This. On Stranger Tides is the best one of the sequels, partially because it was the series going back to a small-scale, self-contained adventure. It's main problem is that everyone was expecting it to suck because of the previous movies. It it wasn't the fourth movie in the series and hadn't followed two awful sequels people would love it.

I tried to watch 4, but it was kind of boring.

Believe me, I have watched 4 multiple times and evaluated it on its own merits and I hate it. Boring, too many nonsensical plot lines, insufferable characters, bland action. There's very little fun to be had in that movie. The best scene happens at the end where Jack leaves that bimbo on the island. I like to think that he's symbolically leaving the whole movie behind, it's a nice palate cleanser.

Davy Jones was kino

Bill Nighy killed it and the CGI for davy jones is flawless.

>tfw trying to make webms but ffmpeg is being a dick

dead men smell toe nails when

The first film is absolutely fantastic. The second was okay, bit forgettable enough that I barely recall the plot, and the third I only watched for Geoffrey Rush. Barbossa was pretty based.

unironically kino second tthree were cringe nigger-tier

I loved the first two, the rest was forgettable.

4 is the second best Pirates movie behind 2.

They go to all that work to introduce more magic so bringing Barbossa back isn't too weird. They have a whole movie with Davy Jones as a villain and he's great

Barbossa and Davvy Jones never exchange dialogue.

fucking....why??!?!?!

>The Black Pearl was constantly riding a stormfront in the first movie.

And that's why the Pearl was the most feared ship.

Now suddenly there's another ship much more imposing out there. Out of nowhere. And Beckett didn't give a fig about it.

Please. It's like bad fanfiction after the events of 1-3.

The first movie is fantastic, none of the sequels really lived up to it. Bill Nighy was easily the strongest part of the second movie, and Geoffrey Rush coming back in the third movie kept it from being total shit. As much as Depp is cited as a draw to these films I don't think he can carry them, his weirdness shtick gets tiresome after a while and he's better with a straight man or men to balance out his antics. But at the same time I feel like focusing the plot so heavily on dull as dishwater William Turner was a mistake. Nobody gave a salty fuck about him or screechy bitchface whats her name.

>Barbossa and Davvy Jones never exchange dialogue.
They couldn't write a script thick enough to survive both of them chewing on it.

Too much spooky skeletons too much fantasy it's a movie I call entertaining and nothing else oh and that fucking CGI sucked asssssss

I like all four, the last one especially for crazy pirate magic, even though it really isn't a good movie.
Second is my favorite, it's just that the first one is more tight and wraps all up. Third is just okay.

On the other hand, we have Based Bardem and actual Spaniard pirates, who were some of the most numerous pirates after the British during that time.

Spain is oft overlooked in naval history by mainstream media, but it is fascinating.

Well its all based on pirate legends and other shit.

I love all three of them. Fuck you, Sup Forums.

keira is a fucking goddess go fuck your mother

This is the best answer

Shit I even liked some parts of the fouth one
Mad hyped for the new one.

1 actually was great
3 had its moments, you can't deny it

2's biggest sin was that the whole thing was JUST a lead-in to the third, basically just filling the time out. It isn't a high point of the narrative arc or when things are at their darkest. However, it did give us the three-way fight on the water wheel, which holds a special place in my heart in terms of movie fight scenes.

Why does Jones still look so great while CGI usually gets outdated guickly?
What did they do so differently?

The eyes and mouth, two of the most difficult parts to animate, are 100% real. Those two areas are actual makeup. The tentacles are CGI of course.

This and talented artists with a huge budget.

>tfw actually kinda hype

ghost ship time boys

Stick Ian McShane in the mix too, and you've got some serious fucking acting going on in there

She's shit in the movie fuck yourself I've seen her in london theater

Its the sequels which are bad

Is johnny depp white?

Governor Swann, I'm East India Company.

nigger